Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was reevaluating my Bronco order considering between a Big Bend and an OBX and realized the only upgrade I would really want is the B&O sound system. Moving from Big Bend with Mid to OBX with Lux is obviously quite the upgrade just for a better sound system so I was wondering if it would be better to just upgrade after market? I know the car isn't out yet so the market may take a little while but it seems like most of the people on here haven't been blown away by the B&O system. Have also seen the JBL sound bar isn't available with the Lux package and I feel like that might be a better option anyway given the nature of the vehicle. What are most people thinking right now about the audio?
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was reevaluating my Bronco order considering between a Big Bend and an OBX and realized the only upgrade I would really want is the B&O sound system. Moving from Big Bend with Mid to OBX with Lux is obviously quite the upgrade just for a better sound system so I was wondering if it would be better to just upgrade after market? I know the car isn't out yet so the market may take a little while but it seems like most of the people on here haven't been blown away by the B&O system. Have also seen the JBL sound bar isn't available with the Lux package and I feel like that might be a better option anyway given the nature of the vehicle. What are most people thinking right now about the audio?
Aftermarket will be a better option! Yes you probably will have to wait for harnesses to become available before upgrading.

The JBL soundbar connects via bluetooth to your phone, not the stereo so it's more meant for tailgating.

I am going to upgrade my base speakers ASAP.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was mulling over the exact same situation (BB mid to OBX lux) and after hearing the B&O in person, I'm glad I went with the lux package. The B&O sounds better than the Sony system in my Titanium Edge which was my benchmark.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aftermarket is probably going to be your best bet. I'm sure the B and O system will be ok, but for the cost of the upgrade in trim and package, you could get an insanely awesome sound system in the aftermarket.

If your primary want is the sound system, I'd go aftermarket over paying Ford's ask for the upgrade.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aftermarket will be a better option! Yes you probably will have to wait for harnesses to become available before upgrading.

The JBL soundbar connects via bluetooth to your phone, not the stereo so it's more meant for tailgating.

I am going to upgrade my base speakers ASAP.
Hmm, if that’s the case I wonder why the sound bar is incompatible with the 10 speaker B&O?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Save your money and buy an aftermarket system and take the other 10K and invest it lol.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the B&O system adds additional speakers where the JBL bar would mount, making it an either or situation.
That makes sense. Thank you.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the B&O system adds additional speakers where the JBL bar would mount, making it an either or situation.

Both systems have two speakers in the back, there's no difference there. I think it has to do with the B&O amp, theirs isn't designed for add ons (running the power for the JBL speaker to it) as the stock ford one prob is. Just an educated guess

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both systems have two speakers in the back, there's no difference there. I think it has to do with the B&O amp, theirs isn't designed for add ons (running the power for the JBL speaker to it) as the stock ford one prob is. Just an educated guess
Your educated guess sounds more valid than my uneducated guess.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I am thinking is where is the best place to spend my money. Audio for a removeable top vehicle with aggressive tires is near the bottom of my list. I suppose if I were planning to run more road tires and have the sound deadening, I might be more interested.

For me, the basic audio will do. At least in the beginning.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have 2 Panasonic amps so I will decide what to do with them whenever I get a Bronco lol

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True but wouldn’t you want 6 awesome speakers over 10 meh speakers?

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the soundbar uses built in class D amps.
The unit needs power from the Bronco (and it can connect via bluetooth or 3.5mm. I wonder if the base system has RCA outputs run up there? My best guess would be it would just connect to your phone via bluetooth, but that does not explain why it is not compatible with the B&O. Unless the B&O does not have power up there but the base system does?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't installed a stereo in a vehicle in decades. I'm not even sure how that works in a modern car where everything is linked..... climate controls and stereo controls located on the same screen etc etc.....

As far as factory stereo upgrades, my mid level Outback was painful to listen to , whereas the Harmon-Karden in wifes Legacy was a VERY good sounding system.

I'm staying in a Base Bronco, but if it sounds like a monkey beating on an empty tin can, come hell or hi water, it's getting swapped out right away. I won't tolerate that crap again.

Back in the day, I ran Kenwood amps. They were good all-arounders as were Alpines, but if you were looking for BASS ... Rockford/Fosgates were the way to go.

Who are the current HQ leaders in auto stereos?
Sponsored