First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a terrible feature that accomplishes almost nothing and the greatest sin of the Bronco is making it mandatory. That and the cup holder fiasco.

The only thing it accomplishes in my Ranger is allowing the cabin to instantly heat up at every stoplight. It’s 120 out already.. keep the air cool for gods sake.

You’re gonna have to flash your Bronco computer to keep the feature disabled.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it’s anything like my Audi I had - It had “auto off” as well. But if the AC was on or the heated seats, etc. the vehicle would remain on. You could also apply less pressure to the brakes when stopped and it wouldn’t turn off automatically. May have just been an Audi feature, I’m not sure…

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the autostop eliminator in my f150 and it's a lifesaver. I got so tired of hitting the button, it's hot asf and I need my A/C. The only possible issue I could see with the bronco is it appears to be integrated into the main center control stack where as on an f150 it's a very large button that has its own connector. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll have to see how the bronco is set up.

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plug in a trailer wiring test plug. The computer will think you are towing and auto start stop will be disabled. It works on F150's and yes auto start stop is very annoying

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will the automatic have the auto engine shut off? I’m sure you get used to it but borrowed my neighbors F150 tonight and man it’s a nuisance. And I hate that you can’t turn it off by default.
Yes, it will have it. How is it a nuisance, exactly?

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many threads on this already, but short answer, yes, both engines and both transmission have it.

Many things will prevent it from kicking in, like if the AC or heat needs to run, if the battery is low or old and I probably some of the Goat modes.

Rumors of how bad it is are greatly exaggerated. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of having your engine off at a stop light. It's a small turbo, it's not like it's going to sound good at idle anyway.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the system is smart enough to NOT shut down the engine when the AC is running and it's hot outside? At least that was the way it worked on all those rentals over the years. Same with heating. Hopefully Ford thought of that....
Granted, all those rentals were in Germany, but there were some Fords in the mix.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s a terrible feature that accomplishes almost nothing and the greatest sin of the Bronco is making it mandatory. That and the cup holder fiasco.

The only thing it accomplishes in my Ranger is allowing the cabin to instantly heat up at every stoplight. It’s 120 out already.. keep the air cool for gods sake.

You’re gonna have to flash your Bronco computer to keep the feature disabled.
If the A/C is on and the compressor running the Auto Start/Stop won’t activate.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if it’s anything like my Audi I had - It had “auto off” as well. But if the AC was on or the heated seats, etc. the vehicle would remain on. You could also apply less pressure to the brakes when stopped and it wouldn’t turn off automatically. May have just been an Audi feature, I’m not sure…
Now Audi (and others) are using mild hybrids to allow auto shut off without heating your car up in the process. My 2021 Q7 has the feature and it’s acceptable.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure the system is smart enough to NOT shut down the engine when the AC is running and it's hot outside? At least that was the way it worked on all those rentals over the years. Same with heating. Hopefully Ford thought of that....
Granted, all those rentals were in Germany, but there were some Fords in the mix.
My AC has never been off in my 2021 Ranger, yet I still have to hit that darn button every trip.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm pretty sure the system is smart enough to NOT shut down the engine when the AC is running and it's hot outside? At least that was the way it worked on all those rentals over the years.
Nope. I live in Phoenix. Wife's F-150 has it. Turned off at a light and immediately got hot because the A/C kicked out. Reach over, hit button, motor and A/C come back on.

If you drive an automatic, putting it in sport mode disables it. And in heavier traffic you actually get better gas mileage because sport mode keeps it in lower gears, so less turbo-spool.

Soon as I get my Bronco I am getting a copy of FORESCAN and disabling all sorts of stupid stuff I hate. (auto on/off, auto locks, double honk...)

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doubt a lot of stop and start heavy traffic driving will shorten battery life. Did battery manufacturers lobby the Auto Industry to incorporate this insidious device? 🤔 😉 !

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They say it isn’t bad for the starter because it fires whichever cylinder is closest to the top somehow or something. I can kind of buy that. However, I cannot be convinced that it isn’t bad on the valve train and cylinder walls to be constantly shutting off and turning on and having them be deprived of lubrication 87 times a day instead of like 4 or 5. And I cannot be convinced that it isn’t complete hell for the turbos to have the engine shut down when the turbo is glowing red all the time. Why don’t we want automatic engine shut off? Same reason we don’t want AIDS. At least they still give us a button to turn it off. We just have to remember to turn it off immediately after starting it, the same way Magic Johnson has to remember to take his meds every morning.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I live in Phoenix. Wife's F-150 has it. Turned off at a light and immediately got hot because the A/C kicked out. Reach over, hit button, motor and A/C come back on.
that's rather disappointing, hope they were smarter with the Bronco programming, or I'll have to shut it down as well, 105 degree today, so that would be a no go. The European rentals I had were smarter than that, in winter and summer. Odd. Especially in a country with blistering cold and heat like the US.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition