First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really is too bad that this forum doesn’t have a working search function. It’d be awesome if people could use something like that to find topics already beaten to death over and over again. Maybe someday.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It really is too bad that this forum doesn’t have a working search function. It’d be awesome if people could use something like that to find topics already beaten to death over and over again. Maybe someday.
I have a dream...

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What on earth would we bicker about? Hasn’t been any actual new information in months.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a Bronco, not a golf cart...

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They say it isn’t bad for the starter because it fires whichever cylinder is closest to the top somehow or something. I can kind of buy that. However, I cannot be convinced that it isn’t bad on the valve train and cylinder walls to be constantly shutting off and turning on and having them be deprived of lubrication 87 times a day instead of like 4 or 5. And I cannot be convinced that it isn’t complete hell for the turbos to have the engine shut down when the turbo is glowing red all the time. Why don’t we want automatic engine shut off? Same reason we don’t want AIDS. At least they still give us a button to turn it off. We just have to remember to turn it off immediately after starting it, the same way Magic Johnson has to remember to take his meds every morning.
Im no mechanic, but I actually was curious about this same thing. Apparently they've redesigned the engines with some tolerance adjustments and thicker wear rings (?) to hold more oil above the cylinder so its pre-lubed on the next start up. Someone will be along any moment to correct me on that here shortly, Cunninghams law being what it is.

Cunningham's Law states "the best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Sponsored

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im no mechanic, but I actually was curious about this same thing. Apparently they've redesigned the engines with some tolerance adjustments and thicker wear rings (?) to hold more oil above the cylinder so its pre-lubed on the next start up. Someone will be along any moment to correct me on that here shortly, Cunninghams law being what it is.

Cunningham's Law states "the best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."
Sounds good. So who knows what they have done to prevent grenade-ing the turbos?

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Uhh, what? There is no equivalency here.
Ah but there is. One is a disease that causes people to die far too soon, often over something small that would otherwise be insignificant...unless they are rich and or have access to doctors that actually care.
The other is added to vehicles at the government’s behest to make them a future maintenance nightmare with major components failing prematurely...unless they can afford to trade them before the warranty ends making it someone else’s problem 10+ years from now. Maybe Automatic Start and Stop wont end up being as bad. But you can certainly make the equivalency argument with GMs Multi Displacement Engine bullshit.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A smarter person than me figured out a cheap go around for the Ranger, and it works great. A cheap led night lite plugged into the outlet of the Ranger does the trick. The samle draw from the night light tricks the system into thinking the parameters haven't been met for the ASS (I like that abbreviation) the work. I bought a set of these at Wal Mart (not this company) for less than 5 bucks. The light is so dim it doesn't bother you at night.

Hopefully this will work on the Bronco. I have an extra in the basement just waiting on mine to arrive.

https://www.exitsignwarehouse.com/p...MIprmqiNGe8QIVAh-tBh3P6wcBEAQYBiABEgIC9_D_BwE

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this on my diesel, so a more noticeable on. Really not a big deal. It's so fast that it doesn't cause any delay at all. If you want it on before traffic starts, just let off the brake a bit to turn on the engine.

You get use to it. And it's no big deal.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will definitely be updating my cpu to shut this off.
I have this feature in my work vehicle and it is the worst.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must be in the minority 🤷‍♂️ but I don't find this feature to be a nuisance on any car I have driven with it. My AC still blows cold when I am at a stop with the car off too.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to get an ECU flash and program it so the auto-off is not on by default.
David, per the post 5 below yours, the 'off' position illuminates the switch. Do you know yet, from a re-programming standpoint, whether this illumination can be overcome as well?

AND....once you figure all this out, how much you gonna charge to do MINE? :)
Sponsored