First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did see that one, thank you. Guess we will need to wait until the Sync4 hits the streets so to speak to see if there are any changes.
Wait, here it is:
Sponsored

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s a terrible feature that accomplishes almost nothing and the greatest sin of the Bronco is making it mandatory. That and the cup holder fiasco.

The only thing it accomplishes in my Ranger is allowing the cabin to instantly heat up at every stoplight. Itā€™s 120 out already.. keep the air cool for gods sake.

Youā€™re gonna have to flash your Bronco computer to keep the feature disabled.

My Jeep has this feature, and I noticed if the A/C is on Auto, the ESS does not engage while the cabin is being cooled, and will restart quickly if the cabin gets warm. If it's not on auto, then it ignores the climate control system, when deciding to engage the ESS.

But what I still don't like is if the ESS does engage the blower fans continues to run, slightly slower, but still runs, so it just starts blowing hot air, worse then just no A?C or fan at all IMO.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, here it is:
Thar she blows, perfect thank you William. First thing I will do is disable ASS, second is turning off that stupid door chime. Now I just need a vehicle to tune.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean is it that incovenient to press the auto off switch to deactivated?

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With starters getting WAY more use do people carry spare starter or do they just get swapped out every few years like spark plugs?

Sponsored

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This has got to be THE stupidest thing for a car, you cannot tell me that the starter doesn't wear out prematurely because of this stupid on/off BS. I had rented a van for awhile because I was moving and it had that garbage, one of the most annoying things.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have it on the Navigator and it has become habit for me to either switch it off or flip into Sport mode which disables automatically every time I get in the vehicle. If I had a commute that involved a large number of stoplights, I might have a little more optimism at the efficacy of the system in reducing fuel burned, but I don't, and the trigger period is short enough that it activates at stop signs and "oh shit someone is pulled over and we better slow down and gawk" stops. Seeing as the engine is back up and running within as second or two, its hard not to see it as purely added wear and tear in the name of Ford getting an automatic credit on the EPA numbers regardless of execution.

Fun fact though, at least on Ford vehicles, if you're ever in a situation if you want your engine running again without taking your hands off the steering wheel, just give the wheel a tug, the power steering system demand will cause the system to fire it right back up.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thar she blows, perfect thank you William. First thing I will do is disable ASS, second is turning off that stupid door chime. Now I just need a vehicle to tune.
Let me know if/when you get this working. Seems easy enough but I've never uses ForScan before and I want someone else to be a guinea pig!

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've driven many rentals with it, after the first "wtf" moment I just ignored it, engine starts up in no time, saves me a bit of $ at the pump, non issue to me. Don't understand why so many people hate this feature, makes no difference in driving the car, at all. But I'm sure you can find ways to disable it, if it's that bothersome. Just don't understand why it's an issue. If I'm not moving, the engine doesn't need to be running?
You don't leave in southern states for I can tell.

As soon the engine shut off, the warm and humid air start coming to live through your vents. It's a freaking horrible feeling.

It's just like that WTF moment when the passenger raise the temperature on your AC....It's just a NoNo

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me know if/when you get this working. Seems easy enough but I've never uses ForScan before and I want someone else to be a guinea pig!
I will be happy to, but under current circumstances I probably won't get the opportunity until winter time 21/22 as that is the earliest I expect my vehicle.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With starters getting WAY more use do people carry spare starter or do they just get swapped out every few years like spark plugs?
This has got to be THE stupidest thing for a car, you cannot tell me that the starter doesn't wear out prematurely because of this stupid on/off BS. I had rented a van for awhile because I was moving and it had that garbage, one of the most annoying things.
The starters now are built for this. They're rated to several hundred thousand starts or something crazy.

If they were going out all the time on vehicles with these systems, we'd be hearing all about it.

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you let off the break a little the car will turn right back on. Don't let off enough to move. Just don't have it pressed 100% down.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't understand the "nuisance" issue. I guess if you like to punch it at each light it might be an issue, but in normal driving, my Tremor's on/off works fine. Takes a little getting used to the fact it shuts off, but seems a progressive step to me.

Instead of immediately doing something to turn it off, I would suggest trying it a while. You might find like most change, it just takes a bit for you to get used to it.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand the "nuisance" issue. I guess if you like to punch it at each light it might be an issue, but in normal driving, my Tremor's on/off works fine. Takes a little getting used to the fact it shuts off, but seems a progressive step to me.

Instead of immediately doing something to turn it off, I would suggest trying it a while. You might find like most change, it just takes a bit for you to get used to it.
So how does this effect the turbos?
Whether Iā€™m driving my 1 ton 6.7 or my wifeā€™s turbo explorer I always let the engine run for a minute before shutting it off. It cools the turbo.
I farmed for 35 years and even driving a tractor down the road by pyrometer always was above the idle temperature.
I always use a good oil, change the oil regularly and never shut an engine off hot. FYI Iā€™ve only replaced 1 turbo in 35 years. That was on a 2006 1 ton with the 6.0 and it had 180,000 miles on.
I have a 1983 1490 Case that is still running strong.
Mine engine shut off will be disabled.
Save the engine, use a minute amount more gas.
Sponsored