TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this on my diesel, so a more noticeable on. Really not a big deal. It's so fast that it doesn't cause any delay at all. If you want it on before traffic starts, just let off the brake a bit to turn on the engine.

You get use to it. And it's no big deal.
Couldn't agree more. I've actually come to not just ignore it but enjoy the peace of it.
I must be in the minority 🤷‍♂️ but I don't find this feature to be a nuisance on any car I have driven with it. My AC still blows cold when I am at a stop with the car off too.
My AC does get less cool when it works, and with the 100°+ days we're getting right now am turning it off in the heat of the day so the compressor keeps running, but otherwise it's no big deal.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No doubt a lot of stop and start heavy traffic driving will shorten battery life. Did battery manufacturers lobby the Auto Industry to incorporate this insidious device? 🤔 😉 !
No. Bosch and Denso... ;)

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe that in order to turn it off you have go through the on screen functions to turn off the auto shut when you stop.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've driven many rentals with it, after the first "wtf" moment I just ignored it, engine starts up in no time, saves me a bit of $ at the pump, non issue to me. Don't understand why so many people hate this feature, makes no difference in driving the car, at all. But I'm sure you can find ways to disable it, if it's that bothersome. Just don't understand why it's an issue. If I'm not moving, the engine doesn't need to be running?
In Texas I cant have the AC off at every stop, so its the first button I push everytime
I start my truck.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never dealt with auto-off before. How will this work when you are off-road on a particularly difficult trail? There are lots of stop and goes in some of those situations. I am asking because I truly have no idea how this stuff works. I see that you can turn it off or program it "off", but there are still the times where you may destroy something because it did not get turned off in a very tight spot. I don't need responses like, "any decent off-roader will know to turn it off". No need to state the obvious.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI ... The Cobb tune on the Raptor has an option to turn off auto-stop-start. So for you guys who plan to tune your Bronco, I am sure Cobb will offer this functionality with the tune.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never dealt with auto-off before. How will this work when you are off-road on a particularly difficult trail? There are lots of stop and goes in some of those situations. I am asking because I truly have no idea how this stuff works. I see that you can turn it off or program it "off", but there are still the times where you may destroy something because it did not get turned off in a very tight spot. I don't need responses like, "any decent off-roader will know to turn it off". No need to state the obvious.
I am sure that Ford thought this through in the GOAT modes.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the ELM and the Forscan account, but have you seen a list for the Sync4 module settings yet. Can't find one online yet. Thanks
I'm not completely sure about SYNC4 and which one the vehicle I modified had, but I did make some adjustments to my dad's 2019 F-150 with this spreadsheet:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've driven many rentals with it, after the first "wtf" moment I just ignored it, engine starts up in no time, saves me a bit of $ at the pump, non issue to me. Don't understand why so many people hate this feature, makes no difference in driving the car, at all. But I'm sure you can find ways to disable it, if it's that bothersome. Just don't understand why it's an issue. If I'm not moving, the engine doesn't need to be running?
The only issue I would have is air-conditioning.

It is unlikely that the vehicle can continue to run the A/C compressor with the engine off. In which case the interior of my car will quickly reach deadly temperatures at every traffic light.🥵

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s a terrible feature that accomplishes almost nothing and the greatest sin of the Bronco is making it mandatory. That and the cup holder fiasco.

The only thing it accomplishes in my Ranger is allowing the cabin to instantly heat up at every stoplight. It’s 120 out already.. keep the air cool for gods sake.

You’re gonna have to flash your Bronco computer to keep the feature disabled.
Ford Bronco Auto-Engine Shut Off 1623943067378

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The only issue I would have is air-conditioning.

It is unlikely that the vehicle can continue to run the A/C compressor with the engine off. In which case the interior of my car will quickly reach deadly temperatures at every traffic light.🥵
The engine will come back on when the interior temp rises even if the car remains stopped. Do you really believe they would leave the A/C off ?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not completely sure about SYNC4 and which one the vehicle I modified had, but I did make some adjustments to my dad's 2019 F-150 with this spreadsheet:
I did see that one, thank you. Guess we will need to wait until the Sync4 hits the streets so to speak to see if there are any changes.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am sure that Ford thought this through in the GOAT modes.
There was something published about this stating that the start/stop is disabled in certain GOAT modes.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The engine will come back on when the interior temp rises even if the car remains stopped. Do you really believe they would leave the A/C off ?
The first couple editions of the Prius had problems with people in hot places because the A/C compressor would shut off at stops to save the battery.

I don't care if the engine wants to shut off to save gas and cut down on air pollution... just not while it's 110 out and the A/C needs to remain on.😇

I do hope you are right. Then it is likely mine will never shut off.🤣
Sponsored