Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty much as the title reads, I have experienced the 1-2 shift slipping or hanging gears at least 3 times now to the point where it feels like its in neutral. All 3 times were in 4wd, twice in 4 low and once in 4-hi. My bronco is a 2.3, auto, black diamond, non sas with an m210 swap and ford performance tune for what it's worth.

I finally got a video this weekend of it happening, this is in 4-low, drive, and moderate throttle.

A couple weekends back i got this video, it's a little hard to hear my engine but I wasn't as hard into the throttle that time. This time I was in manual mode and clicked from 1st to 2nd in 4 low, it still free reved but it also felt like I had clutch drag (think like it's a manual and you clutched it 75% of the way.)

And the first time i noticed it happen was roughly a month ago, climbing a large sand/pea stone hill in 4 hi, manual mode, moderate throttle, when I clicked into 2nd it free reved to the limiter and then banged 2nd gear on the rev drop. I had panick clicked 3rd by that point (high revs) and we shot up the hill. My wife and my passengers all felt it and were asking what happened before we hit the top, but we had no issues the rest of the night. Unfortunately no video.

Every time it's happened the transmission should be plenty warm and it doesn't throw any codes. Obvious next step is to check fluid level but has anyone else experienced something similiar in the Bronco? I've been digging on the explorer st forums (same transmission) and it seems like a few people over there have had the same thing happen to them, but usually tuned and higher hp.
Sponsored

Last edited: