First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW X5 35D, 2006 BMW 330xi MT, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the reset/relearn procedure. Vehicle on, roll down window, hold down for 5 seconds, roll window up, hold for 5 seconds.

Thank you!! Saved me a trip to the dealer and resolved the back window issue.
Sponsored

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add me too. Started last year, RR window. At first it just happened once in awhile. Window auto up goes 3/4 stops suddenly and goes back down. Took to dealer and couldn't be duplicated.

Then last Monday coming back from Carson City NV on US 395 accidentally rolled down RR and it did it again this time over 10 times in a row, and couldn't get window to roll up. Finally got it closed and didn't touch anymore.

Got my Bronco to dealership Wednesday and they can't duplicate issue. I did have a video of it acting up and sent that. Also called Ford MoCo to report issue and that dealer wasn't going to do much. Ford was useless as usual, they said take it to a different dealer.
Then I found this post.

Unlike all those who have posted in here that it's not a big deal need to STFU, as it's not helpful at all! Im happy for those that don't have any issues but for us that, do it IS a big deal.
Imagine being in downtown Los Angeles and your window won't close! Well now you either can't leave you car alone, or change your plans and go home or risk having you stuff stolen or even your Bronco being stolen. Not a great option especially on a $60K+ vehicle.

This thread needs to help others and to contribute to finding solutions... it's not to banter, give useless 2 cents, up your post count etc.

Last edited:

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update, door module is on order to be replaced.

Adoptwithme

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, having this issue with a 2 door First Edition. Happens both driver and passenger sides, though not always at the same time. Window goes up to close, then "bounces back" and returns to half open position. Always the same half open position. Happens like 40 to 50% of the time you go to close a window. Happens whether you raise "manually" or whether you go past detente to fully close. I have reports of this happening in BMWs, VWs of an older vintage so quite probably a common sensor that many mfrs use. Needs to be fixed, its a real problem, sometimes it happens repeatedly and you can't get the windows to close.
Same problem. Were you able to fix?
Sponsored