Sponsored

Any MIC top leak issues in automatic car wash?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anything we're trying to break him of too many manners.

I've taken my 2dr through a car wash about 10 times so far. I did get a drop come through once.
I hear that moar doors don’t have that issue due to the longer roof, which deflects rain and self respect away from the vehicle better.
Sponsored

OP
OP
emkayw

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Towards the front of the middle seam.

Thanks. My concern is whether I use my buddy's power washer or going through an automated system will water seep in. I'm not freaked out about it, just curious what the experiences have been so far.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take mine into car wash (Manual) with pressure washer. No sign of a leak. Also, the OP was in the form of a question, not a complaint...

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

on my two door tge rear windshield leaks quite a bit. It comes in around the rear windshield. The first touchless it was a steady stream of water and the gasket was hanging down about 6”. For extra fun the plastic lip at the bottom of the glass filled with water and dumped a quart of water on me when I opened to check. Other than that it’s been fine.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been waiting to post a summary of my leaking mic issues. I came back to my car after a 2 day storm to 3 inches of water in the drivers footwell. This storm was 2 days after I picked it back up from the dealer. They said they put it through a car wash and sprayed the roof with water to test for leaks and found none.I called BS when I picked it up because there was still big splatter on the windshield.

when you drive after a leak like this Iget water POURing out of the Aux switches onto the hero switches… and I get water from the drivers sun visor and it pours onto the dash. I’m glad I have this documented in case something happens to the screen. I have a appointment with a different dealer Monday.

I WOULD NOT DARE PUT THE BRONCO INTO AN AUTOMATIC CARWASH!

OP
OP
emkayw

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been waiting to post a summary of my leaking mic issues. I came back to my car after a 2 day storm to 3 inches of water in the drivers footwell. This storm was 2 days after I picked it back up from the dealer. They said they put it through a car wash and sprayed the roof with water to test for leaks and found none.I called BS when I picked it up because there was still big splatter on the windshield.

when you drive after a leak like this Iget water POURing out of the Aux switches onto the hero switches… and I get water from the drivers sun visor and it pours onto the dash. I’m glad I have this documented in case something happens to the screen. I have a appointment with a different dealer Monday.

Holy crap! I hope you get it resolved.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that'll happen when you leave the top off in a rain storm. LOL!

My 2dr only gets a bit of bleed thru if you hit the side window seams with a direct shot. Garden hose with a tight pattern will do it.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread title is fake news.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford accessory. Not sure who actually makes them and where you can get them cheapest.
Found the 4dr version real quick ....
https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-4dr-2021-black-textured-fender-flares-1

Funny thing is, you've found the ONLY Bronco I've seen where they actually look decent. Otherwise , I find them hideous ... to each, their own though. Have at it
Agreed - The setup looks great. Right wheel/tire setup. Most of the time it looks like a kids swimming pool was attached to the fenders.

No offence @Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like every Bushwhacker "pocket hole" fender of the last 30ish? years.
Usually, you don't see them until the truck is starting to rust around the wheel wells. LOL
Sponsored