Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a removable top. It's going to happen.

Just have some butyl strips on hand and when there is water coming through, find the intrusion point and butyl it up!

You can chase perfection and be unhappy the entire time or you can adapt, find your own solution, and enjoy your ride!
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a design flaw. Ford did not plan for enough water in the gasket above the windshield. I have been saying this for 2 months. This will eventually happen on ALL Broncos!
I can't wait until winter when some of these get filled with snowmelt then freeze again. I'm sure that will solve everything.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand how there isn't a drip channel that carries away water to the sides of the vehicle. Or how the trim piece isn't shingled underneath the top/roll structure so that any water which makes it past the seal comes down the outside of the trim, rather than seeming to run out of the A-pillar airbag.

It's like the entire waterproofing strategy depends on those seals working perfectly.

An incidental drip down a side window or maybe a weep where the roof panels meet is one thing, but this is just embarrassing. I can't imagine how musty the carpeted Broncos without MGV are going to get.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There have been multiple leaks reported on this board. Given the very small number of MIC tops that have been delivered and the much smaller number of those owners who post on this board, if we are seeing multiple posts about leaks it’s not a good sign.
I know, I've seen a few others. See OP thread title which is what you seemed to react to.

Snoman93

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rm 2500 Outdoorsmen, 2018 4Runner Limitied
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone with a new top experienced a leak? Plan is to pick up my first edition finally tomorrow that production was stopped for the new roof, doesn’t sound like people think that is the fix but I guess one can hope…

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All while dirt mountain broncos have been out in the rain the last 30 hours

4C5988E1-D0D0-4232-A125-7E585F68F922.jpeg

A2168F25-C660-4CC6-A9BE-C774A9DC88FA.jpeg

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp……. I guess it was bound to happen, and given the replacement program I guess I’m not too concerned.
A few days after taking delivery I THOUGHT I felt a drip on my left knee driving down the highway, but it was late, dark and not the place to try to figure it out.
Today, hopped in and hit the road during steady, sometimes heavy rain(affects of hurricane Henri). As soon as I was out of the driveway water started dripping from the seam on the trim over the top of the drivers door, towards the front, but not into the A-pillar(who knows if it’s puddling anywhere internally).
Both times I had been parked on a steep incline(girlfriends driveway is STEEP)-front of the truck higher than the rear. The dripping didn’t started until I was headed down hill, as all the water would have shifted to the front of the car from the rear.

My question is whether I need to worry about any damage to the airbags or if there are any other electrical lines up there

most had come out by now but here’s a picture

Ford Bronco First MIC top leak A2168F25-C660-4CC6-A9BE-C774A9DC88FA
Welll….. hopefully this is a rare problem that Ford will get in front of. Good luck my friend.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welll….. hopefully this is a rare problem that Ford will get in front of. Good luck my friend.
Heavy rain here this evening and no issues so far. Waiting for the full replacement top next month.
However the rain and road conditions did lead to a powertrain error that I’ve created a posting for.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Welp……. I guess it was bound to happen, and given the replacement program I guess I’m not too concerned.
A few days after taking delivery I THOUGHT I felt a drip on my left knee driving down the highway, but it was late, dark and not the place to try to figure it out.
Today, hopped in and hit the road during steady, sometimes heavy rain(affects of hurricane Henri). As soon as I was out of the driveway water started dripping from the seam on the trim over the top of the drivers door, towards the front, but not into the A-pillar(who knows if it’s puddling anywhere internally).
Both times I had been parked on a steep incline(girlfriends driveway is STEEP)-front of the truck higher than the rear. The dripping didn’t started until I was headed down hill, as all the water would have shifted to the front of the car from the rear.

My question is whether I need to worry about any damage to the airbags or if there are any other electrical lines up there

most had come out by now but here’s a picture

6BDF1DA3-087F-4749-9049-285A6BEE2060.jpeg
OP did you get this fixed? I just picked up my 4dr FE. It literally has 15 miles on it and I just took it out and got the wet leg just like yours. I hope there is a fix. Parked in my driveway on a slight incline. Rain. Wet leg.

@Ford Motor Company
Ford Bronco First MIC top leak 436E14C1-D6AB-4ABE-AF82-520DBA4D391F

Last edited:

Griggul8r

Big Bend
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta Tacoma GMC Acadia Hyundai Sonata Kia Spectra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any updates?

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update:

I have 2 top issues being addressed- a center panel with damage during delivery(cosmetic dent) and this leak. With the complete replacement MIC 2.0 pending I haven't been in a rush for a resolution. The replacement panel was ordered before the 2.0 replacement announcement and the panel(actually the second one) arrived about 3wks ago- don't need it as the 2.0 program will replace it and the rest of the top.

As for the leak the dealer is aware and "looking into it" assuming 2.0 will address that as well(who knows). Thankfully even with the recent storms from more hurricanes I haven't repeated the leak so as long as I'm dry its cool
Sponsored