Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The manual is clear about not taking the Bronco through an automatic car wash. Driving through areas impacted by hurricane Henri clearly falls in this category.
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp……. I guess it was bound to happen, and given the replacement program I guess I’m not too concerned.
A few days after taking delivery I THOUGHT I felt a drip on my left knee driving down the highway, but it was late, dark and not the place to try to figure it out.
Today, hopped in and hit the road during steady, sometimes heavy rain(affects of hurricane Henri). As soon as I was out of the driveway water started dripping from the seam on the trim over the top of the drivers door, towards the front, but not into the A-pillar(who knows if it’s puddling anywhere internally).
Both times I had been parked on a steep incline(girlfriends driveway is STEEP)-front of the truck higher than the rear. The dripping didn’t started until I was headed down hill, as all the water would have shifted to the front of the car from the rear.

My question is whether I need to worry about any damage to the airbags or if there are any other electrical lines up there

most had come out by now but here’s a picture

6BDF1DA3-087F-4749-9049-285A6BEE2060.jpeg
You should keep the pic handy. Also take a pic of the speedometer too. Take it into the dealer as soon as possible. If they understand how to do their job correctly (some have no clue) they are supposed to open a ticket on it, Take several pictures of the issue, Take a pic of your speedometer too. They then report it to Ford. It can take a week or so for a response to come back. Ford will instruct them in their next steps to correct the issue. They should call you with the options Ford lays out for them. Yes, sometimes there is more than 1. I would assume this would be treated the same as a moonroof leak. Also make note of anything inside the vehicle that's damaged by the water. Hope this helps.

srafferty25

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All, I would like to add to this thread. I have a leak as well. This happened after about 3-4 hours moderate off and on rain. I'm not sure where it is entering, however it appears to be exiting from the airbag location. I will try to get to the dealer soon and see what they say.

PXL_20210820_171434391.jpg

PXL_20210820_171451301.jpg

Inked20210822_200102_LI.jpg

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi All, I would like to add to this thread. I have a leak as well. This happened after about 3-4 hours moderate off and on rain. I'm not sure where it is entering, however it appears to be exiting from the airbag location. I will try to get to the dealer soon and see what they say.

PXL_20210820_171434391.jpg

PXL_20210820_171451301.jpg

Inked20210822_200102_LI.jpg
Welcome to the club. I warned @Ford Motor Company about this and they would not listen to me. They assumed they knew the problem. Would not let me show them at the dealership and attempted to try all kinds of things that would have never worked. They ultimately wanted to replace a part with an identical part. They failed to get the part shipped in time. The part would not have improved anything and would have damaged my vehicle more.

This is a design flaw. Ford did not plan for enough water in the gasket above the windshield. I have been saying this for 2 months. This will eventually happen on ALL Broncos!

Sponsored

srafferty25

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a design flaw. Ford did not plan for enough water in the gasket above the vehicle. I have been saying this for 2 months. This will eventually happen on ALL Broncos!
Agree, hopefully enough people speak up and @Ford Motor Company addresses it.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheesh...this is getting bad. I don’t love how Ford treats us like idiots and says that their replacement program is only due to cosmetic issues. I really hope they’re lying though and are on a solution to this.

There aren’t many MIC tops out there. A very small sliver of those post on this board, and we’ve seen multiple people with MIC leaks.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UPDATE: After sitting through the rain(no wind) of Hurricane Henri in Northern New Jersey……. The passenger side leaked too. While parked on level ground. Not much, but same location as the drivers side. We’ll see how much pours out when I move it tomorrow.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sheesh...this is getting bad. I don’t love how Ford treats us like idiots and says that their replacement program is only due to cosmetic issues. I really hope they’re lying though and are on a solution to this.

There aren’t many MIC tops out there. A very small sliver of those post on this board, and we’ve seen multiple people with MIC leaks.
Not to mention car and driver

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...z-c2AL8xgmxVVIKFDz5OvmTD5pgMw8BL9dln5WHtgNyMg

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully they were lying about issues only being cosmetic. Otherwise, this could be a multiple recall disaster for Ford.
OP reports first water leak and we're already talking disaster.
Do you know what it will take to eliminate the leak?
Moving to Arizona will help. It only rains about 5 x a year. :)

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It sounds like a joke - but make a Twitter and tag mike Levine in a tweet about this. The more data and coverage the quicker things get fixed.