Sponsored

Any MIC top leak issues in automatic car wash?

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have washed my two door hardtop around 10 times in automatic car washes without a single drop of water leaking into the interior… Also hand washed it a few times.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced leaks when running a 2-door MIC Bronco through an automatic car wash. I took it to the dealer recently to have the truck aligned any they hand washed it. I know they have an automatic wash ( I take my Fusion there as well) so was wondering if it was just a new car courtesy or if there is an issue with leaks in the top.
Good afternoon! Would you please send us a message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer? I'll see how I can assist with your Bronco's leak concerns.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was planning to reply to this sooner, but my eyes rolled so far into the back of my head that it took me until now to see again. Would love to see you "avoid laziness" in Michigan winters - washing the salt off your car by hand, in zero degree temps.
You’re right that sound miserable. Good luck!

COBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Kristilyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 particular wash I tried taking it to it definitely leaks on the passenger side in the front quite a bit. In my regular touch less wash it doesn't leak at all (I go there at least once a week, Michigan winter). Just the angle of the spray I guess. I figured it's somewhat normal and I have MGV and wash out floors so no big deal.I love my Bronco faults and all!

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've taken my 4 dr MIC w/ MGV thru the car wash 4 times. Two of those times I got a trickle of water where the front panels meet near the aux switches during the rinse phase. No more than a single square of Bounty can easily wipe up, and not something I'm worrying about. The other two times the interior stayed dry. I don't know if I installed the roof panels differently somehow - I don't think so? - or it was just a fluke of nozzle aim or what. If it gets worse, I'll ask the dealership to take a look but so far no reason to waste the time.

I have not had a problem driving in rain, sleet or snow, so not very concerned.

Sponsored

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve ran mine through a touchless automatic for its first wash. Noticed a trickle ran down inside of rear windshield. Upon closer inspection, the rubber seal was dropped down a good 1/2”. I firmly pressed the seal in place and the problem was solved. Fast forward a couple weeks during a 3” overnight rain, when I jumped in the bronco the following morning a good 1/4 cup of water released from above the Aux Switch panel which poured down the edge of the dash onto the center console. I had removed the front panels recently and for the first time and was wondering if I hadn’t got them back on correctly. I pulled them off again and very carefully put them back in place. I haven’t taken it in to my Dealer yet but this morning after another rain i couldn’t find any leaks. Not sure if it was something I did or an issue with the front panel seal.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been through the car wash several times and have had zero leaks. I just have to remember to leave the windows up when I leave - I get a drip from just behind the a-pillar that falls into the vehicle until it is completely dry. Also had the rare opportunity to drive it and then let it sit in a massively heavy rain - all good so far.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did not take mine to a car wash nor gave a hand wash, I am hoping we get a lot of rain so that I don't have to get it washed, moreover I did not take it off-road yet to wash it clean, till now its a pavement and a mall crawler. Though it was in the rain already, just trying to give it an artificial off-roady, dusty look which suits Bronco.;)
Sponsored