Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands, '17 Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m having issues as well with the auto up/down feature with our ‘22 Badlands (lux). Front passenger window stops half way. :(
Sponsored

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know technically it is an issue, but in reality it is not. Windows have a switch/sensor that will shut down the closing if it senses back force- think old mafia movies with the guys head stuck in the window. It either could be a faulty switch or most likely it gets pushed back by the windows pushing on the seals too much- probably not aligned properly. Or something else exerting force on the window.
Either way I don't think this is such a big deal. I've had it happen once. And your only problem is that you either have to press the window switch again or just hold it.
To be fair I have a 2001 BMW that has the same feature and I've never had a single issue with them, but again... This is a cheap Ford. Don't expect miracles.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, has anyone gotten this fixed?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone checked the area the window rides up? anything sticky?

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, having this issue with a 2 door First Edition. Happens both driver and passenger sides, though not always at the same time. Window goes up to close, then "bounces back" and returns to half open position. Always the same half open position. Happens like 40 to 50% of the time you go to close a window. Happens whether you raise "manually" or whether you go past detente to fully close. I have reports of this happening in BMWs, VWs of an older vintage so quite probably a common sensor that many mfrs use. Needs to be fixed, its a real problem, sometimes it happens repeatedly and you can't get the windows to close.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, having this issue with a 2 door First Edition. Happens both driver and passenger sides, though not always at the same time. Window goes up to close, then "bounces back" and returns to half open position. Always the same half open position. Happens like 40 to 50% of the time you go to close a window. Happens whether you raise "manually" or whether you go past detente to fully close. I have reports of this happening in BMWs, VWs of an older vintage so quite probably a common sensor that many mfrs use. Needs to be fixed, its a real problem, sometimes it happens repeatedly and you can't get the windows to close.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s window concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you keep us posted on how this gets resolved? I'm having the same issue. It mostly happens on the passenger side. My windows all go all the way up then one drops back down or one will stop half way up.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you keep us posted on how this gets resolved? I'm having the same issue. It mostly happens on the passenger side. My windows all go all the way up then one drops back down or one will stop half way up.
I have learned to live with this as it is a feature not a bug! had dealer do reset, I've done reset several times, passenger side refuses to comply.. Solution when u want to put up windows reach over and unlatch door, this will put the window up to the "open door Height' then reach over and close door and it will inch up to closed Height

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have learned to live with this as it is a feature not a bug! had dealer do reset, I've done reset several times, passenger side refuses to comply.. Solution when u want to put up windows reach over and unlatch door, this will put the window up to the "open door Height' then reach over and close door and it will inch up to closed Height
When I picked my bronco up the front passenger window was misaligned (the glass was pressing against the soft top). I performed the the window reset before I even drove the bronco. My windows drop half way down. I've walked out a few times and noticed one of my rear windows was open half way. They initial all go up then one will drop back down to half way.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I picked my bronco up the front passenger window was misaligned (the glass was pressing against the soft top). I performed the the window reset before I even drove the bronco. My windows drop half way down. I've walked out a few times and noticed one of my rear windows was open half way. They initial all go up then one will drop back down to half way.
I've got the same issue with my front passenger window, sometimes come back to find it was about 90% open after hitting the automatic close on all four of them. I've tried the window reset procedure but that hasn't fixed it. Has anyone reported this issue to their dealer and if so were they able to help at all?

Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s a video of the issue I’m having.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got the same issue with my front passenger window, sometimes come back to find it was about 90% open after hitting the automatic close on all four of them. I've tried the window reset procedure but that hasn't fixed it. Has anyone reported this issue to their dealer and if so were they able to help at all?
Hi Ed. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep. My front passenger side goes up 75% then I have to toggle it up the rest of the way. Others go all the way up.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will if there's anything worth saying. So far no solution on offer and no prospect.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have had the passenger window indexing / coming back down issue since July. Two weeks ago I had dealership do second oil change and I informed of the issue again, this time they new what to do, they ended up pulling the door apart and adjusting and tightening the "window track system" and so far this seems to be working... I remember the old saying "At Ford Quality is Job 1" not so much anymore
Sponsored