RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the hoop steppery got me panicked that I optioned out weight-bearing rock rails by adding it to my Black Diamond. Went on a bit of binge and think I figured something out. Hopefully...but who knows with Ford.

When your have a rock-railed model (BD or BL), the hoop step seems to mount a bit differently and still utilizes the rock rails. In Big Bend, though, you get these new rounded, non-weight bearing rails and the step bolts on through the inner face.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 20220920_155439

I knownits totally off the topic of Area 52, but there's a lot of rail talk going on!

Just some B&P sleuthing. Sure hope that's the case at least.

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The number of people expressing their negative opinions towards Ford's color palette offerings for the MY23 Bronco should be enough customer feedback to make some serious changes. Just refer back to the original Bronco color palette. Harbor Blue, Calypso Coral, Caribbean Turquoise, etc... It's right there. And yes I understand they share the paint booth with the Ranger. @Ford Motor Company

brettly

Black Diamond
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond,1990 K1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the hoop steppery got me panicked that I optioned out weight-bearing rock rails by adding it to my Black Diamond. Went on a bit of binge and think I figured something out. Hopefully...but who knows with Ford.

When your have a rock-railed model (BD or BL), the hoop step seems to mount a bit differently and still utilizes the rock rails. In Big Bend, though, you get these new rounded, non-weight bearing rails and the step bolts on through the inner face.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 20220920_155439

I knownits totally off the topic of Area 52, but there's a lot of rail talk going on!

Just some B&P sleuthing. Sure hope that's the case at least.

I wondered this too when they were originally added to the B&P since adding them to a Big Bend and a Black Diamond, nothing changed in the configuration. I expected either something to be added to the BB or something changed/removed for the BD. I don't think they had the graphical change that you're showing here at that time. It looks like you get a "rail" added for the same cost for the non-rail Broncos.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m here for the pictures. Unfortunately all I see are Broncos. No Dakotas. And, no, not the Dodge Dakota.
Here she is in a bluish grayish F150 - close enough?

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting dakota-johnson-barefoot-gas-station-truck-27

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You whipped out that photo pretty quick… Just sayin’… 🤔
Google images : "dakota johnson ford bronco"
Pretty easy to do

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
🤮 What is with all the garbage colors and people liking them. Let's have a little sense of adventure people.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here she is in a bluish grayish F150 - close enough?

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663717332139
Grandma's Ashes Blue

The Colors and Materials Knitting Group needs to get bent over a table until they can see the full color spectrum again.
You whipped out that photo pretty quick… Just sayin’… 🤔
I mean, the color has been in play since the 90's. Or if you wanted to get saucy, this is the look that got @Squatch Knitting crews wool thread in a bunch from all the way back in 2005.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663551433282

Personally, that color looks like my grandfather's ashes. Possibly because he died from an electrocution (union electrician and yes, they sewed the estate to avoid paying out his pension and health insurance. What can big union do for you after it takes your dues? Answer: nothing but protect its own butt).
Sponsored