First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the hoop steppery got me panicked that I optioned out weight-bearing rock rails by adding it to my Black Diamond. Went on a bit of binge and think I figured something out. Hopefully...but who knows with Ford.

When your have a rock-railed model (BD or BL), the hoop step seems to mount a bit differently and still utilizes the rock rails. In Big Bend, though, you get these new rounded, non-weight bearing rails and the step bolts on through the inner face.

20220920_155439.jpg

I knownits totally off the topic of Area 52, but there's a lot of rail talk going on!

Just some B&P sleuthing. Sure hope that's the case at least.
Nice work if true! I was afraid to add the hoop steps myself because of this fear.
Sponsored

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Womp womp. Eyore is in charge of colors.

Reminds me of my ‘98 Exploder (taken on the day I cash-for-clunkered it), I think it was Blue Jean — a light blue grey with silver flake. The color itself is fine, but a stable of grays is tame and not Bronco in the least.

It’s like the “modern farmhouse” thing where every cabinet, wall and floor is grey, gray or greige.

Live laugh snore.

05AFEBD7-DC39-4A1B-A20D-AAB91A303738.jpeg

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If only there was some other company out there that could show Ford how to offer fun colors. 🤔

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663738996092

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just logged in to comment that AG looks like Minivan Gray to me. So disappointing. Seems like Ford is trying to get us to drop our orders.
It definitely occurred to me that ford intentionally avoided attracting/exciting order holders to weed some out.

Also, FWIW, was talking to my dealer yesterday and he said the 2023 year Maverick order banks were open for five days (today is the final day). He expects bronco order banks to be similar and possibly not open until summer. Yeah yeah yeah, I know. “My dealer said… 🍻.”

Last edited:

GOATS

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imaginary Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know what the hoop steps/rails (not the BD/BL rock rails) are made of... steel? aluminum? Thank you in advance!

*Edit - the hoop steps/rails are made of cast aluminum.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

why bother with the color change !
only the ones with area51 will know the difference
others won't give a rats patueei about area51 vs. area52 (azure ;)
I have owned an A51 for 9 months now and in all the renders, side by sides and even the water bottles I have to read the caption to know which is which. In the new B & P the rock stars put one color doors on a different body and I don't know which is which.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting that AGM tri-coat is $995, but HPR tri-coat is still $495. What are they putting in the AGM, plutonium flakes?

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone with a CG order, I completely get that I'm contributing to the problem but I can't get behind this color - It feels like rental car blue (definitely has a purple hue not found in A51). I'm actually kicking myself for not getting CO, which is stunning in-person, and I can't believe out of all the colors available AGM is replacing it...

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The new Bronco is a retromod vehicle. But Ford is too boring to give it a retromod color palette. :mad:

colors.jpg
I don't know ...

Holly Green - EG
Rangoon Red - Rapid Red - RIP
Milk White - OW
Chrome Yellow - Yellowstone
Wimbledon White - nothing
Arcadian Blue - REB
Navajo Beige - Desert Sand - RIP
Springtime Yellow - nothing
Poppy Red - Race Red
Peacock Blue - A51
Brittany Blue - AGM
Frost Turquoise - REB
Beige Mist - Desert Sand - RIP
Lunar Green - CG
Harbor Blue - Peak Blue

Yes, none of those are exact but we got CO and AMB (yes RIP as well) plus IS, CG, SB, HPR, VB, and Code Orange. All these have been over just 3 model years and each year has been a couple of swap outs allowing new ones to come in.

The EB went from '66 to '77 and had some great colors but some dogs too. If the internet had been around back then no telling what they'd be saying about those color choices. All in all I think we have it pretty good but that's my opinion, I'm happy as heck for AGM and the HE and I get to keep some of my PP too!

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting colors