David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know about Base but these wheels became an option on the OBX awhile ago. Several threads specific to this wheel are out there. They use to be an option on the Ranger under the STX package. They should be 18 x 8".
The wheels are listed under accessories, I wonder if you can fight to get both sets of wheels.
Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weren't there rumors of upgraded towing and roof capacity for MY22?

DaveMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On Towing...

for what it's worth, a 7 pin would recharge the battery on my smallish dump trailer, whereas the 4-pin means I have to charge the battery elsewhere... so even though it's lower capacity on Tow, would still be nice to have a 7 pin.

Not with a 7 pin connector but in my experience the only purpose for a 7 pin is to work electric brakes and with only a 3500 lb towing capacity I doubt any trailer I would pull would be equipped with those. That was my thoughts on it anyway...

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have these wheels always been available on the Base?

B3B046DC-90A8-4576-A003-A1480F851727.jpeg
It always baffles me that manufacturers charge such an upgrade fee. The standard wheels/tires are worth something, but you pay full price to upgrade and they keep the stock set. I have found these online for $1,030 shipped, set of 5 with TPMS and TPMS tool. I think it's my route on my base. With Grabber ATX 265/70-18 (32.6") tires. Then sell my factory steelies. If Ford doesn't offer a locker on the base for 22', I think it's a fail. This is an off road legend. Offer a locker on all trims and put real AT tires on every level.

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It always baffles me that manufacturers charge such an upgrade fee. The standard wheels/tires are worth something, but you pay full price to upgrade and they keep the stock set. I have found these online for $1,030 shipped, set of 5 with TPMS and TPMS tool. I think it's my route on my base. With Grabber ATX 265/70-18 (32.6") tires. Then sell my factory steelies. If Ford doesn't offer a locker on the base for 22', I think it's a fail. This is an off road legend. Offer a locker on all trims and put real AT tires on every level.
Like it or not Ford is a business. I bet their margins on a base are pretty tight considering how much truck you get for the money. They need to maintain incentive to upsell you to a higher trim.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like it or not Ford is a business. I bet their margins on a base are pretty tight considering how much truck you get for the money. They need to maintain incentive to upsell you to a higher trim.
I get the margins on a base are not what they are on a FE or the upcoming Raptor. But I for one, will not pay and extra $5k for a BB just to have the option to lay an additional $495 out there for a e-locker. An e-locker for $495 is a steal. An E-Locker for $5,495.....not so much. The aftermarket will support this vehicle in the next few years. I'm rolling the dice on the base. Ford's atrocious roll out just saved me almost $10k!
Edit: Also, the 18" wheels might actually be a good deal on the base depending on what tire and size they throw on it. If they stick with the Bridestone's currently offered, 265/65-18 (31.5") or 255/70-18 (32.1") would likely be used. Both would be an upgrade size wise and likely be much easier to sell as take off's over the little 16" stock. They also wouldn't throw the speedo off as bad if swapped with a 265/70-18 (32.6"). 🤞

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On Towing...

for what it's worth, a 7 pin would recharge the battery on my smallish dump trailer, whereas the 4-pin means I have to charge the battery elsewhere... so even though it's lower capacity on Tow, would still be nice to have a 7 pin.
It also adds a reverse wire which is nice for trailer back up lights.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1631734447207.png

The vehicle image has been updated for the "Top - Blackflip, Soft Canvas" option. Before if you selected, it just removed the roof, now it looks like it's the Bestop soft top.
Still no respect for 2-door. Backflip is available, but not shown in picture, and still can't remove the MIC.
Sponsored