Bad leather seat

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I always have a concern about passengers making marks like the one in the photo when they slide off the seat getting out of my turck. I tell them there are running boards on my truck for a reason.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad leather seat 1668196058817

If you zoom in, you can see damage to two different pieces. First to the flat leather patch. Second to the piping. So it is not a "defect".
I believe it is actually a single piece of leather with the accent thread sewn in.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for helping!

NOT TRUE.

You could stop at another dealer and ask their opinion.
This falls under fit and finish. My dealer said that you have 6 months to show things that are not right and they can be fixed. You will not catch everything when you buy it.
That might be your dealer’s policy, but it’s not Ford’s. Dings, scratches, scuffs, etc. are damage. Warranty covers only defects in materials and workmanship. When a car is unloaded at the dealership they are responsible to find any damage (except for a few exceptions considered hidden damage) before signing for the vehicle. If they miss something, the transport company is off the hook and the dealer pays for the repair. It’s the same for the customer when they pick up a new car. You need to look it over and point out any damage to the dealer and get a commitment to repair it. The dealer is supposed to pay for the damage, Ford won’t. Otherwise Ford would be paying to repair door dings, windshield chips, scuffed wheels, etc.. That kind of stuff isn’t their responsibility and shouldn’t be, it’s beyond their control.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No dealer is going to warranty that if you didn't catch it on delivery. If they did, I have some interior paneling and quarter panels that were "factory damaged".

To be fair comparing to a Mercedes is way different. They also have MGV for a reason. I think there are a lot of misconceptions on what the Bronco is. It is an offroad utility vehicle with some modern features.

Sucks if it did come from factory like that. I found a few small things, but also acknowledge this isn't a luxury vehicle and I bought it for other reasons. IMO it adds character, at least that's what I tell myself with everything I damage or find damaged. Also, you got the "I care about it being a new vehicle" out of the way.

You can break even easily. Just drive it to the dealer or carvana, depending on location you should be fine. Nice first post too, welcome!
A little dab of Scuff Magic and buffing with an old t-shirt.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they are responsible to find any damage (except for a few exceptions considered hidden damage) before signing for the vehicle.
Mine was dropped after closing. No way they could sign off on anything.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was dropped after closing. No way they could sign off on anything.
In that case, the dealer has 2 business days after the drop to notify carrier of damage or missing components (floor mats, radio antennas, etc.). Looking at the close-up of your seat, it does look like a material/workmanship problem. I can't see how the concern down inside the seam could be damage without having damage between the stitching and the seam on the high point. Good luck!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you paid stupid high adm then you could easily sell it for what you paid. I see higher end trims going for $70k on BaT. If you did pay adm then "sympathy" to you.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford public relations contacted me after reading this post and they agreed to fix it, going public helps. A special thanks to the haters, I couldn't have done it without you, every comment counts.

Greetings

I was just reaching out informing you All the Information has been sent in from the Dealership. Ford Motor Company will be able to participate in 100% of the Repair Expenses.

The Payment has successfully been sent out.

There may be fees included with the Expenses. Please contact your Dealership directly to see about the Additional fees coming from the Dealership.

Thanks

Ford Motor Company ®

Jermeshia Thomas

[email protected]|www.ford.com

Customer Vehicle Concern Passenger Team - SUV/CAR

Business Hours: 8:15AM - 4:45PM Central Time

Off Days: Wednesdays & Sundays

866-631-3788

Ext: 79428

OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bad leather seat 1668196058817

If you zoom in, you can see damage to two different pieces. First to the flat leather patch. Second to the piping. So it is not a "defect".
If you look again you will see that it's the same piece of leather, both blue circles are on the same piece, there is just stitching between them. Anyway case is close Ford fixed it. Now I can damage the seats myself.
Sponsored