First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes they are replacing my top. When I don’t know other than cosmetic I don’t have any issues no noise no leaks etc.
Good to hear you are making progress on a resolution. I should have a similar update Monday. Thanks!
Sponsored

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am very thankful to receive my Bronco but my top is far from perfect. Looks like the front and rear sections are 1.0 and center section 2.0. You can clearly see the center section is a different color and is a little smoother.. The back has a primer applied sticker on 8/26. I don't see any delamination anywhere yet. I did not notice the difference in color at the dealer when I picked up.

20211107_143435.jpg

20211107_143402.jpg

20211107_143531.jpg

20211107_143916.jpg

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am very thankful to receive my Bronco but my top is far from perfect. Looks like the front and rear sections are 1.0 and center section 2.0. You can clearly see the center section is a different color and is a little smoother.. The back has a primer applied sticker on 8/26. I don't see any delamination anywhere yet. I did not notice the difference in color at the dealer when I picked up.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211107_143916

I know nothing but that seems like you got an old section, they weren’t acknowledging a solution in August that I know of. We got that retooling etc email talking about October. I can’t believe that section was done 2 months before any other…

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m 6 days into ownership of a dirt mountain bronco. It’s starting to honeycomb on the back cap. It also has some spots under the rear passenger window on the back cap where the primer/finish is delaminating. It wasn’t like that when I took delivery but it was also night and hard to really inspect.

the panels are also mismatched colors.

My bronco will be street parked here in Phoenix. There’s no way this top is going to hold up to 115° weather lol. It seems to be pretty poor quality.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m 6 days into ownership of a dirt mountain bronco. It’s starting to honeycomb on the back cap. It also has some spots under the rear passenger window on the back cap where the primer/finish is delaminating. It wasn’t like that when I took delivery but it was also night and hard to really inspect.

the panels are also mismatched colors.

My bronco will be street parked here in Phoenix. There’s no way this top is going to hold up to 115° weather lol. It seems to be pretty poor quality.
It's just a cosmetic issue, would you like to go back to Dirt Mountain??? ;)

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So....how long until we actually see a legitimate aftermarket hardtop for sale and how much should we expect to pay?
A while and A lot

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's just a cosmetic issue, would you like to go back to Dirt Mountain??? ;)
hah yeah I mean I’m glad I have it. But this top is absolute piece of shit. People can sugar coat it all they want. It’s poorly designed, poorly finished and is going to give all owners problems until Ford figures out a more permanent solution.

I wouldn’t be thrilled if my top looked this way after 1 year…. It’s been 6 days and hasn’t been through an Az summer.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Knowing what you know now would you opt for the soft top and get a hard top for say 3k when a decent one becomes available or live with the 2.0 until it replaced with something better in a couple years? I ordered the MIC and will live with it until it starts to fail and then put a best top on until a version that finally works is out and try to warranty swap then.

Sponsored

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Knowing what you know now would you opt for the soft top and get a hard top for say 3k when a decent one becomes available or live with the 2.0 until it replaced with something better in a couple years? I ordered the MIC and will live with it until it starts to fail and then put a best top on until a version that finally works is out and try to warranty swap then.
I wouldn’t go back and get the soft top. I think the soft top just flatly looks bad and makes the entire car look different (and for the worse).
I also had a July build so I wouldn’t have been able to get the hardtop hookups if I had gone softie.

but no, I wouldn’t have ordered a softie.

ironically, I did the opposite. I originally had a soft top order. I added the hardtop, even during the news that Ford was saying the hardtops were being delayed, because I saw a photo on this sit of a soft top at the plant… I showed it to my wife and she goes ‘absolutely not. I don’t care how long it’s delayed.’ Hahah

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If someone repainted a fender and it didn't match you would be OK with it?
I'll let you know in 2 weeks when my Dirt Mountain escapee arrives. It's nearly 100% likely that I won't be ok with it, if it doesn't match when it arrives. I am sure that someone will try to explain to me that it's normal and that's why I have been waiting over 3 months for delivery.

hah yeah I mean I’m glad I have it. But this top is absolute piece of shit. People can sugar coat it all they want. It’s poorly designed, poorly finished and is going to give all owners problems until Ford figures out a more permanent solution.

I wouldn’t be thrilled if my top looked this way after 1 year…. It’s been 6 days and hasn’t been through an Az summer.
And that's why I already ordered a Bestop Trektop for my Bronco, because I am fairly certain that the hardtop will be a pile of shite.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And that's why I already ordered a Bestop Trektop for my Bronco, because I am fairly certain that the hardtop will be a pile of shite.
[/QUOTE]
I love mine!

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like CNET needs to update their glowing review. No mention at all of the MIC clusterfuck.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love mine!
Well mine showed up yesterday, before the Bronco, naturally!
Sponsored