Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the rotopax mounted up. The 2 door range struggle is real. At least this way, I can get another 60 miles or so in case I get a bit too adventurous.

A buddy said I needed white wheels now and make it a murica build.

Ford Bronco Badass tents half rack system for 2 door 20220919_171222
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the rotopax mounted up. The 2 door range struggle is real. At least this way, I can get another 60 miles or so in case I get a bit too adventurous.

A buddy said I needed white wheels now and make it a murica build.

I dig the bronze wheels. The rack setup also looks good.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was really excited to see this option come out, it has a low profile which is nice for those socal parking lots I have to squeeze in and out of. My only gripe with it is how short it is going towards the back. Just wish it extended further.
See my TrailRax post.

Toomuchgear

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you notice a difference in wind noise with the rack? I like having a little more storage vs. the stand alone Rotopax option. Thanks!

The guys at badass Tents used my Bronco to set their 2 door system up. It's a T-track style system with several options for storage on the side of the top if you need the extra space. For me, I have 2 kids and it can get pretty cramped when offroading due to cargo capacity restraints and gear needs

https://badasstents.com/product/2021-23-ford-bronco-2-door-rear-only-short-roof-rack-for-hardtop/

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you notice a difference in wind noise with the rack? I like having a little more storage vs. the stand alone Rotopax option. Thanks!
I don't have any issues with wind noise. I don't want to say it's zero, but its not very noticeable to my ears.

Edit to add, I have rotopax on the sides now. And i also put some kc cyclone lights in the rear bar as trail lights on dust trails here in the desert. I'm loving the options the rack had provided so far.

Ford Bronco Badass tents half rack system for 2 door _DSC5893-2
Ford Bronco Badass tents half rack system for 2 door 038A7197

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the fast reply and feedback. Your rig is looking good, great taste you have BTW! I have that same Pelican case.
Thanks. I'm gonna be honest tho, it's not a Pelican lol. There is a local-ish southern California company called Eylar that I bought it from. I'm sure they are just the importer, but its a decent case. It's their 38 inch rifle case. On sale for 100 bux. It's been fine so far. I did drill through the bottom so I could bolt it to the tracks, so it's not water/dust proof like it once was. But that's not the fault of the case at all.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the rack, I’m deciding between it and the TrailRax. Reviews on the BAT long rack says you can remove the front and be left with the rear only config. Anyone know if that’s the case? It would seal the deal for me.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the rack, I’m deciding between it and the TrailRax. Reviews on the BAT long rack says you can remove the front and be left with the rear only config. Anyone know if that’s the case? It would seal the deal for me.
I emailed Roger to make 100% sure. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Per Roger at Bad Ass Tents: "On 4 door yes, but 2 door is different set up"

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spoke with him too. Sounds like the 2 door system is different than the 4 door, with the short and long racks being different. So not modular like the 4 door. Disappointing, as it looks like exactly what I wanted. I’ve heard other express a desire for modularity in a low profile rack. Maybe they will have a redesigned gen 2.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke with him too. Sounds like the 2 door system is different than the 4 door, with the short and long racks being different. So not modular like the 4 door. Disappointing, as it looks like exactly what I wanted. I’ve heard other express a desire for modularity in a low profile rack. Maybe they will have a redesigned gen 2.
There just isn't much room up there tbh. I mean, you have like half the length. Remember that they go the full length of the 4 door, where the factory rack goes only to the first slots on the rear section.

I hear what you're saying though, I'll pass the info on and see if they'll figure something out.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the rotopax side arms bolted at the bottom? To what? And how wide are the center rails ? Wondering if I can fit a standard ski rack on them. Thx!

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the rotopax side arms bolted at the bottom? To what? And how wide are the center rails ? Wondering if I can fit a standard ski rack on them. Thx!
They are not bolted to the bottom directly. There is a small bracket that has a small rubber pad that is used to tension them it's not super easy for me to explain. So here is a pic:
20230402_062431.jpg

The bracket kinda hooks under and behind the lower hard top lip. The small rubber pad goes in between the bracket and the top. There are 2 rubber bumper encased fasteners that are used to secure the bracket to the vertical straps that attach to the actual roof rack. The rubber bumpers keep the metal off the glass.

I don't know what ski rack you use, I have an ancient set of Barrecrafters that I use when I go skiing. I have 1/4x20 fasteners in the badasstents rack and then I just secure the ski rack to that:
20221226_151025.jpg

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exact width is a CH under 2 inches :
20230402_063630.jpg

I leave fasteners in the rack because I go between ski racks and then a top storage box for recovery gear. There are channels on all 4 sides so I used the rear facing side to mount 2 chase lights as well:
20230402_063642.jpg

Here is a pic of the rotopax off. You can see the bottom 2 fasteners on the vertical mount, those attach the lower bracket and the rubber bumpers are on the inboard side to prevent the metal chaffing the top or hitting the glass. There are several ways to mount the rotopax mount. So you can do you on that one. I will lay, I don't think those single long tanks will work because the center to center is not right on the way I have the system setup here. There is another solution that is one giant mounting plate essentially, that you can probably better accommodate the larger/longer rotopax style tank.
20230402_063718.jpg
Sponsored