Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2-Door BadSquatch, '21 Mach-E GTPE, '13 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the rear hardtop be removed from the Bronco with the rack and 'side racks' still attached to the top?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can the rear hardtop be removed from the Bronco with the rack and 'side racks' still attached to the top?
Yes it can be. It's all attached to the top.

buzzworthy77

Big Bend
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love my short rack from BATents. It looks great and have gotten a few compliments from other drivers. I will say, I do notice noise level. So do passengers. I’ve even wondered if I placed them incorrectly, but you kinda can’t really screw up the installation. the noise does not bother me as I usually drive this alone. But when I have passengers or go on camping trips with others, it is noticeable as we try to have a conversation. Again, I effen love the look. I did replace the nuts and bolts to black ones, whic give it a shaper look. Now I need to figure out how to install an awning

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is great! Been looking for a half rack that is set back a bit, since I have a sunrider up front. Perfect solution.
Exactly. Same here! This seems to be the only option.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my short rack from BATents. It looks great and have gotten a few compliments from other drivers. I will say, I do notice noise level. So do passengers. I’ve even wondered if I placed them incorrectly, but you kinda can’t really screw up the installation. the noise does not bother me as I usually drive this alone. But when I have passengers or go on camping trips with others, it is noticeable as we try to have a conversation. Again, I effen love the look. I did replace the nuts and bolts to black ones, whic give it a shaper look. Now I need to figure out how to install an awning
I didn't notice any extra noise. But I went from the factory rack, to a KC light bar and the badasstents rack. So my Bronco has always been loud.

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Couple questions for owners of this rack. What size rotopaks can you fit? Those look like 2 gal, What about 3?

One use I’m considering is to stash the roof panels when out wheeling. I’m pretty loaded up inside, so no room. With only two cross bars, there’s not a lot to rest on. I’ve not gotten around to measuring. Just wondering if anyone has used them for this.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couple questions for owners of this rack. What size rotopaks can you fit? Those look like 2 gal, What about 3?

One use I’m considering is to stash the roof panels when out wheeling. I’m pretty loaded up inside, so no room. With only two cross bars, there’s not a lot to rest on. I’ve not gotten around to measuring. Just wondering if anyone has used them for this.
I have 2 gallon rotopax on there. No reason why you can't go larger. Are you thinking the huge single one? I think all the individual tanks fit. But if you want to do that big 4 gallon rotopax, you probably need the other vertical section from badasstents. I don't think the spacing on mine is correct t for the 4 gallon to go horizontally.

Last edited:

Toomuchgear

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 2 gallon rotopax on there. No reason why you can't go larger. Are you thinking the huge single one? I think all the individual tanks fit. But if you want to do that big 4 gallon rotopax, you probably need the other vertical section from badasstents. I don't think the spacing on mine is correct t for the 4 gallon to go horizontally.
I also have the 2 gal on mine, agreed the 3 gal should fit as well. I get a little less rattle with both pax on one side vs. one on each side as an FYI.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have the 2 gal on mine, agreed the 3 gal should fit as well. I get a little less rattle with both pax on one side vs. one on each side as an FYI.
Yea mine rattle when they are full. It's a decent way to carry fuel, but its not perfect. I'm thinking of machining some different bracket up to stop the rattle. One other thing I did was to put some rubber grommets over the bolts. I was fueling up once and noticed the plastic was getting cut by the bolt ends from the vibration. I have a small desktop CNC on order so I'll probably do some better way to mount them that will rattle less.

Sponsored

23GR2

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr, 2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Considering a rack down the road, how has your top held up with this rack. I notice that it attaches similar to the RCI which owners were seeing problems with their tops sagging or cracking between the front support brackets? Also does the top need to be removed in order to attach the side racks.

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guys at badass Tents used my Bronco to set their 2 door system up. It's a T-track style system with several options for storage on the side of the top if you need the extra space. For me, I have 2 kids and it can get pretty cramped when offroading due to cargo capacity restraints and gear needs

https://badasstents.com/product/2021-23-ford-bronco-2-door-rear-only-short-roof-rack-for-hardtop/

20220916_132813.jpg

20220916_132736.jpg
20220916_132832.jpg
20220916_132754.jpg
I'm trying to understand the point of this rack. If the factory rack is only rated to 105lbs and it uses the windshield surround as the front support, how much weight can this handle with no help from the front?
I'm happy with the route I went...and I can attached an awnings when I feel like it as well!
Ford Bronco Badass tents half rack system for 2 door bronco6
Sponsored