First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. I've got one ordered, and it should ship later this month. Going to mount the short Yakima platform on mine.
yep, was thinking about that if we had smaller items to store or accessories. Looking forward to seeing yours before I commit to one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes this is what I'm talking about! Now they need to release a front bar (with and without integrated light bar) that attaches to the forward mounts above the windshield. That way you can still attach longer items like skiis, kayaks, canoes, etc. without sacrificing the ability to take off the roof panels.
They have a full rack option where you can still remove roof panels.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yep, was thinking about that if we had smaller items to store or accessories. Looking forward to seeing yours before I commit to one.
I was trying to decide between getting the short rack only, or the full rack (which can be configured to short rack only). I have a Bestop Sunrider, so I'd rarely need the full rack and the full rack bars would be in the way most of the time. Anyway, I bought the short rack, and Roger at Badass Tents said they would sell me the balance of the parts to convert to the full rack later on if I decided I needed it. Just FYI.

OP
OP

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was trying to decide between getting the short rack only, or the full rack (which can be configured to short rack only). I have a Bestop Sunrider, so I'd rarely need the full rack and the full rack bars would be in the way most of the time. Anyway, I bought the short rack, and Roger at Badass Tents said they would sell me the balance of the parts to convert to the full rack later on if I decided I needed it. Just FYI.
Good option.... side note if you go full rack and want to swap to short rack then you may need the 2 additional inserts they send with the short rack. This is where the long rack connects but without the long rails the space is void on the short rack without the inserts. They show it in the install video as reference.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Re
I like it. Curse Ford for not giving 4 cutouts on the even longer 2dr rear clamshell, this would be great for us.
Really? There aren't 4 cut outs on the 2dr rear cap? Ive never seen one (a 2dr hardtop) so i wouldn't know. Thats a serious design deficit . . . Even Ford's own prototypes had plans for a rear cap only roof rack. That would mean you would have to thru-bolt attachments for a rear cap rack. See photo.

SmartSelect_20220302-214257_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Photo, please!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re

Really? There aren't 4 cut outs on the 2dr rear cap? Ive never seen one (a 2dr hardtop) so i wouldn't know. Thats a serious design deficit . . . Even Ford's own prototypes had plans for a rear cap only roof rack. That would mean you would have to thru-bolt attachments for a rear cap rack. See photo.

SmartSelect_20220302-214257_Chrome.jpg
Nope :(

20220205_093032_HDR.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want something I can attach a ski rack to. This could work if Yakima or Thule done come out with something. Not sure about the size of the crossbars for mounting a rack though.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think you could lift the roof by the rack? It would really make hoisting it in the garage a 3 minute task.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you think you could lift the roof by the rack? It would really make hoisting it in the garage a 3 minute task.
We have a hoist in the garage we use to take the top off now with straps... the cargo brackets tuck inside the back cap pretty good. Not sure about stress on crossbars holding 70 lbs (MIC weight) from opposite position without being bolted in. hmmmm

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have a hoist in the garage we use to take the top off now with straps... the cargo brackets tuck inside the back cap pretty good. Not sure about stress on crossbars holding 70 lbs (MIC weight) from opposite position without being bolted in. hmmmm
yup, I want some else to try it first. Wouldn’t it be nice not to have to deal with straps and crap.

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the look of this rack! will they make a full-size one like the factory roof rack? This one is too small for me.

OP
OP

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some shots for those looking at the option.... no issues so far besides fedex scratching the brackets lol

Badass Tents team has been great on communication and customer service for any issues as well.

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top 20220205_093032_HDR

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top 20220205_093032_HDR

That's GOT to fit on a 2D, right? I love the look - that's what I want on my 2D.
Sponsored