First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Matrix
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands deposit in as well. Anyone think the Mid, High, Lux packages have too many electronic nannies? I may just opt for the Sasquatch and 2.7 (if the 2.3 is direct injection only).
The days of getting out of the vehicle and locking the hubs are gone my friend. Will these electronics break? Almost certainly. That's what extended warranties are for. I'm 62, and I can't wait for Ford to get it perfect. As for the nannies, my cat like reflexes are much like my hair, a distant memory. So I welcome them.
Sponsored

hsaid

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota prius
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4dr Badlands, Carbonized Gray, Sasquatch Package and Mid Package. Roof basket, winch, light bar top and grill, air compressor, aftermarket jerrycan mounted w/ spare tire, aftermarket jack mounted w/ spare tire, aftermarket gun locker in trunk or under back seat. That should do it.
what did the total for such packages come to if you dont mind me asking//?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Question, with the Bronco being so new, how long do we think it will take for the aftermarket to have stuff available. I remember the first year of the redesigned jeep and stuff not really hitting the market until the second year which was not far from the 2017. The Bronco will Brand new.
I have an ā€˜08 JKUR. Stuff just started to ā€œwear outā€ and ā€œbreakā€ when the well thought out aftermarket upgrades hit the market. Some of the early stuff I bought I replaced at that point.

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4D Badlands
2.7L/Lux Package
Not sure about Sasquatch Package, I'll wait to see cost

I chose Badlands because of rubber flooring/vinyl seats/Lux Package combo. I also reserved a 4D Black Diamond, in case we can add some of the High/Lux items a la carte.

I think it's silly that Outer Banks doesn't come with the rubber flooring/vinyl seats. I would expect that something named after a series of beaches would facilitate getting wet/sandy and not messing up your interior. Oh well, can't wait to drive my Badlands up and down the OBX!
Right?! Seems like it should be the one that most water resistant since itā€™s named after an island chain.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right?! Seems like it should be the one that most water resistant since itā€™s named after an island chain.

I already emailed some companies that make after-market for Jeeps and the Raptor, etc, etc. and I was told by a few it'd be roughly a year. Road armor said 6 months if they can get a Bronco early next summer. But that's just their speculation, we won't know for sure for some time.

Sponsored

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'm wrong on this one but I would think if you opt for the 2.7, you should be able to do some upgrades to the suspension so that you could tow a little more like an airbag helper spring upgrade.
You can add things that will make it handle the weight better but there is nothing you can do that will make it legally have an increased capacity. I am of the opinion that manufacturers tend to sand bag their tow rating to keep the lawyers at bay so more often than not you can get away with having a little more on board but the main issue would come up say if you were to get into a bad accident and someone were to suspect that you were towing too much weight. If it were found to be true then the insurance company could deny coverage among many other potential issues. Plus a short wheelbase and high center of gravity is not a good combo for towing.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll likely be going with Badlands 2DR + High Package and 2.7 Ecoboost. Hoping to stay under $50K before TTL. Which means the 2.7EB/10-AT + High Package will need to come in at or under $6500.

If I switch to 4DR Iā€™ll likely drop down to the Black Diamond with Mid Package + 2.7EB/10-AT + Hardtop + Sasquatch. Hopefully be able to stay under $50K before TTL with that route as well but not counting on it.

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without the tow package you can tow 0 lbs. 3500 lbs is what you have to work with. I hope your track car is light
Have there been any pics of the hardware on the towing package? Iā€™m hoping Ford thought this through and has a solution that wonā€™t cause it to dramatically reduce the departure angle.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have there been any pics of the hardware on the towing package? Iā€™m hoping Ford thought this through and has a solution that wonā€™t cause it to dramatically reduce the departure angle.
It think the pics we have seen have been the typical 4 bolt through the rear frame cross member type. Think that will hang below the bumper.

I just pulled off my four bolt Class II hitch on the JK and bolted a Class III on in itā€™s place. Lazily took 15 minutes.
The net is, if you are going somewhere where you need the extra few departure degrees, youā€™ll probably be able to take it off pretty quickly.

However, I have see some Wayalife videos of a slider/stinger insert to protect the spare above the hitch when you drop off ledges and may want to consider the protection that offers.

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved a 2 door Badlands, might upgrade to the Beadlock capable wheels but no Sasquatch package, the 33' AT tires will be easier to live with. Will do a tow with high or lux package, if I can't decide on a color I'll just order a white one, can't miss! Oh what I would give for a powder or grabber blue!

Sponsored

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It think the pics we have seen have been the typical 4 bolt through the rear frame cross member type. Think that will hang below the bumper.

I just pulled off my four bolt Class II hitch on the JK and bolted a Class III on in itā€™s place. Lazily took 15 minutes.
The net is, if you are going somewhere where you need the extra few departure degrees, youā€™ll probably be able to take it off pretty quickly.

However, I have see some Wayalife videos of a slider/stinger insert to protect the spare above the hitch when you drop off ledges and may want to consider the protection that offers.
Thatā€™s an interesting point.Would suck pretty bad to have the spare and mount ripped off the tailgate. Unless I move somewhere I doubt Iā€™ll be in the camp of needing the extra clearance but I have been horrifically stuck in a sxs when we couldnā€™t get up the creek bank and rolled backwards burying the hitch in the ground.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a question that I don't think any one has asked

Why the Hell does the Bad Lands have Baja Mode instead of sport mode. Being the Badlands is supposedly the rock crawling model I would think sport mode for the street would be more beneficial than the Baja Mode.

While I would love Baja mode, I think sport mode is more important, If Ford would remove the Baja Mode, and replace it with sport mode a 33 inch Badlands would be the Bronco for me

So all of you wanting a BadLands would you trade sport for baja mode

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why the Hell does the Bad Lands have Baja Mode instead of sport mode. Being the Badlands is supposedly the rock crawling model I would think sport mode for the street would be more beneficial than the Baja Mode.

While I would love Baja mode, I think sport mode is more important, If Ford would remove the Baja Mode, and replace it with sport mode a 33 inch Badlands would be the Bronco for me

Rather have baja, I'l drive what ever sports car my wife gets.

countryboyreese

Badlands
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Whats the real difference between Baja and sport?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whats the real difference between Baja and sport?
Sport makes the trans, and throttle a little more aggressive, holds each gear a few more mph before shifting to the next gear, raises shift points a little, downshifts a little quicker, and throttle a little more sensitive,

From what I understand about baja, it is like sport mode on steroids, really holds the gear close to redline before shifting, is more for high speed desert running. For me I would give Baja up, for a more friendly street sport mode.

I can't stand normal in any Ford, especially with the ten speed, it really is more of a economical mode, more for millage than performance. In normal mode you will be in tenth gear by 40-45 mph, in sport it will keep you out of the overdrive gears longer. In sport it will at least try to keep you in the power band, instead of a gear that is more for fuel economy
Sponsored

Last edited: