Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my reservation on a Badlands model. Good to be here, and look forward to posting future mod and overlanding pics. I'm going with the 10-spd Auto and 2.7, the badlands is the entry level to Electronic Stabilizer disconnects, which i must have. I will likely throw in a Mid or Lux package, depending on pricing. I might consider adding the Sasquatch package, if they offer it at a better price than aftermarket. Can't wait to see the 200+ accessory log, which I'm so thankful for, given it takes the aftermarket community at least a year to develop, prototype and deliver aftermarket parts to market and they will be covered by Ford. Also hoping it is available on their 72 month, 0% offers. Now, which color? :unsure: Area 51, Cactus Grey or Cyber Orange
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey guys new here, just reserved the Badlands! been driving a 2010 Xterra for 10 years, 104,000 miles on the bad boy currently, cant wait for the new Bronco. will this Badlands version be able to handle 2 mountain bikes inside like the littler sport? thank you
welcome to the site! I have a 2012 xterra with just over 104,000. (y)

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this mean if you get a badlands with MT, they don't want you putting 35's on it? The MT can't handle it?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those contemplating the Badlands without squatch, and then adding 35s aftermarket, I read that the Squatch package includes “reduced suspension up travel” in order to prevent rubbing.

Ford’s way of touting best in class suspension travel and biggest tires, but they don’t want to tell you that the two can’t be combined.

At first I didn’t understand why the Badlands didn’t just include Squatch. I guess that’s why.
The Sasquatch package includes the following:

35" tires (33" standard on Badlands)

Beadlock ready wheels

Front and Rear locking diffs (standard on Badlands)

Bilstein positive sensitive monotube shocks (standard on Badlands)

4.7 final drive ratio (standard w/ Manual)

high clearance fender flares

The 11" clearance is with the Sasquatch package. Regular clearance is about 8.5".

So a question is: does the Sasquatch come with a 2" lift plus the 35" tires and if so, does the Badlands come with the 2" lift standard or do you have to include the Sasquatch to go from 8.5" to 11"?

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently in for a 2D Badsquatch with the 2.7L. Will probably go for the High package. I'd like the upgraded B&O sound system but really don't need everything else in the Lux. My current daily is an Inferno Orange 5th Gen Camaro 2SS/RS so Cyber Orange is a real temptation. Rapid Red, Iconic Silver and Carbonized Gray are up there for me as well. I worry more about getting the right equipment than the color.

GritDoc

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In reality, it seems the Sasquatch upgrade on the badlands is just for 35” tires? It already comes standard with HOSS and the Bilstein shocks. With the 2.7L v6, it’s almost a WildTrak? I’m digging the front axel disconnect.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasquatch package includes the following:

35" tires (33" standard on Badlands)

Beadlock ready wheels

Front and Rear locking diffs (standard on Badlands)

Bilstein positive sensitive monotube shocks (standard on Badlands)

4.7 final drive ratio (standard w/ Manual)

high clearance fender flares

The 11" clearance is with the Sasquatch package. Regular clearance is about 8.5".

So a question is: does the Sasquatch come with a 2" lift plus the 35" tires and if so, does the Badlands come with the 2" lift standard or do you have to include the Sasquatch to go from 8.5" to 11"?
Ground clearance comes from the bigger tires. You can put an 8” lift on and the rear diff will have the same clearance...until you add bigger tires.

So yeah, bigger tires are required for more clearance.

No idea whether Badlands is lifted beyond base, or if Badsquatch is lifted beyond badlands. Don’t really care. Why wouldn’t you want both?

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In reality, it seems the Sasquatch upgrade on the badlands is just for 35” tires? It already comes standard with HOSS and the Bilstein shocks. With the 2.7L v6, it’s almost a WildTrak? I’m digging the front axel disconnect.
Bead lock ready wheels too.

And wider flares for the wider tires?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thoughts as you. Normally I'd get leather but in this case I'd prefer vinyl. Having owned a Jeep Wrangler YJ many years ago, the vinyl seats sure as hell were good to have when it got rained on (in).

I think the vinyl seats will be available in white, black, or blue. This is from memory of the leaked options, and from looking at the stock photos. I'm going to get the lightest one (white, from what I've seen), as dark vinyl gets realllllly hot in the sun.
You’re right, the lightest color is the smart choice and would match Area 51 very well. Think you just sold me on the lighter seats.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmmm - analysis is needed:

315's are 1.66" taller than 285's. So that is 0.83" in height.
Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 2.59.18 PM

The Wildtrack is 1.4" taller than the Badlands, so there is an extra 0.57" more than the tire height would suggest. (taller coilovers? difference in top heights: Modular Hard Top Shadow Black-Painted vs Hard Top (2-Door) Molded-in-Color Carbonized Gray?)

Also it is 3" wider than the Badlands, where the tires are 1.18" wider each on 8.5" vs 8" wheels. (So I am guessing up to 2" in width are tires. What is the extra 1"? (flares? Well the track width is 1.9" wider, so .25" for the wider wheels, and .59" for the wider tires x 2 = 1.68". Maybe the wheel offset is different like the Mojave is to the Rubicon?)

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 3.01.03 PM

Last edited:

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So 35" tires gets you 3" of clearance?

I didn't think so but I am not a wheel / tire aficionado so I don't really know.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ground clearance comes from the bigger tires. You can put an 8” lift on and the rear diff will have the same clearance...until you add bigger tires.

So yeah, bigger tires are required for more clearance.

No idea whether Badlands is lifted beyond base, or if Badsquatch is lifted beyond badlands. Don’t really care. Why wouldn’t you want both?
I have already posted why I don't want both. I have no need for MT tires nor the additional 1" of clearance from the tires. 33"ATs are perfect for me.

cowgoesmoo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang v6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm leaning towards outerbanks because I won't be frequently offroading but seeing that vinyl isn't an option on that trim sucks. Don't want cloth but also don't want leather in the hot sun