azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door Badlands finally came in but is missing the headliner. It was supposed to be a free upgrade that carried forward from 2021. It was still on my last DORA at $0. The dealer says there is nothing to do and Ford will not offer a credit or send a headliner, based upon other vehicles they've had come in missing the headliner. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it something I'll will wish I had and worth pushing for?
Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine doesn't have one. I asked for it but the salesman had a glitchy computer. When he reentered the order, he missed the box for the free option, which wasn't installed.

I don't think I'll miss it too much though. It's nice not having to worry about damaging the insulation with gear/hockey equipment.

Reactions: azm

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The headliner from Ford sucks donkey balls. You're much better off installing your own. No matter what you install it will be better than the 1/8 inch cheap crap Ford decided was good enough.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer forgot to add it, but after seeing the headliner in person, I'm glad they did. I think the bare roof looks cleaner.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Headliner is a zero cost option. It's still an option that needs to be added.

If it is actually listed on your DORA, then it's on Ford to make it right.
If it is not listed on the DORA, then the dealer messed up.

Dealer can issue a "missing component" order to Ford. Ford will send the headliner, but dealer would have to install it. Guess is dealer just doesn't want to deal with it.

And for the record, it's just a somewhat crappy piece of carpet. Anything aftermarket will be nicer. It doesn't really do anything about external noise, it's mostly to keep down cabin echos.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing happened to me. 2 door and didn't get the headliner. I was upset at first, but after reading about its lack of quality and no function to reduce noise, I'm just fine without it. If I want one later, I'll wait for an aftermarket headliner that actually works.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It barely makes a difference in sound. It flakes off fibers constantly and on a very hot day the glue can melt and the whole thing falls off (See threads in this forum for pics).

I specifically ordered mine without it.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this issue as my dealer updated my order (can't remember why... maybe MY 21 to 22??), and inadvertently left off the free option. They handled it right though, as they ordered and installed the headliner for no cost.

I do have some disbond because they bridged the steps on the panel surface when applying it, so I will likely have them re-do it soon.

As far as how well it works... I noticed a significant difference with the sound deadener installed and have had no 'flaking' as of yet.

Last edited:

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed a significant difference with the sound deadener installed and have had no 'flaking' as of yet.
At night, shine your cellphone flashlight at it and rub it with your hands. You'll see how many fibers fall off. You're breathing that in.

It's something I noticed in a bunch of videos when people touched the headliner.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 door Badlands finally came in but is missing the headliner. It was supposed to be a free upgrade that carried forward from 2021. It was still on my last DORA at $0. The dealer says there is nothing to do and Ford will not offer a credit or send a headliner, based upon other vehicles they've had come in missing the headliner. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it something I'll will wish I had and worth pushing for?
This happened with mine, the dealer ordered it for me and installed it at no charge.

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine came without one - I didn't get to place the order, picked up someone else's delivery. They told me for Badlands with wash-out floors it isn't standard and has to be added since many folks want less carpet (but somehow they still put carpet on the back of the folding seats -- grrrr). I did convince the dealership to throw one in from inventory (finance can do all sorts of things). I also agreed to financing to get a better price but they told me all they needed me to do was pay it over 5 months or so - they didn't even care if I paid down 90% of the principle in the first month - they get credit with Ford for the financing and it helps them get more vehicles. Finance has a LOT of influence over the dealerships.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd push it or they owe you $
Sponsored