First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
From every video I've seen it's shit tier and sheds heavily.
Mine in real life is quite acceptable and hasn't shed or anything. I haven't had any issues with it.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was free but optional on the BL and BD, not standard. You had to specifically request it to get it on those.
Mine in real life is quite acceptable and hasn't shed or anything. I haven't had any issues with it.
So is mine... In fact, quality is far better than what I expected. The material as a plush, dense feel to it. Pictures I've see came off looking like I dunno what... Cheap

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the factory liner on my 4dr OBX with the MIC II roof panels. You have to add it to your order specifically, because not everyone wants it. You can also go aftermarket, either a self-install, or have a stero install company install a much more tecky one for you.

My headliner is of nice, basic quality (photo) and looks nice, although the black color contributes to an already dark interior, with no ceiling lights. There is no shedding or peeling as reported in some early installs.

20211207_122103.jpg
Can you please add more photos from different angles? I added it too, but I am not sure if I like the look...

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious about the headliner. I did not order one, but ford said I will get one free. Cool. However, on my window sticker there is no mention of the sound deadening headliner. Free or otherwise. I have seen some of the window stickers of some of you guys and some say complimentary headliner. Only thing I am wondering is, are all the mic tops coming with the headliner installed? I do have the mgv interior.
I picked up my Badlands 4 door Lux Nov 24th.
I had specified the headliner in my build but somehow it was overlooked.
My dealer contacted Ford and it will be installed under warranty because it was missed.
There is a lot of great information on this forum, but also a lot of BS.
The uncovered panels look great on my MIC 2.0, but the wind noise is effing ridiculous!!! (And Iā€™m coming from a 2010 hardtop Jeep JK WITH NO LINERā€¦)
Does Ford not have access to a wind tunnel?
Iā€™m hoping that the headliner makes a huge differenceā€¦
Thankfully the B&O system sounds great, so I just crank it up. (Iā€™ve read reviews to the contrary and Iā€™m absolutely baffled)
Maybe an aftermarket headliner is a better option and maybe that is what you (and I) should do, but it absolutely needs SOMETHING!

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was supposed to have this on my Badlands as well but my dealer screwed up, and after seeing all the shedding reports on here I figured I'd just wait for aftermarket...but I must have The Worlds Best MIC 2.0, because so far no leaks, and I think its quieter than my FJ was - the well-worn Duratracs mightve had something to do with that though. I rarely do highway driving, basically only when going on vacation road trips - so I'm gonna skip the headliner, 55 and under mine is fine without it. I'm actually kinda baffled by the loudness reports.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you please add more photos from different angles? I added it too, but I am not sure if I like the look...
Ok, here's two night flash photos. I'm not trying to sell this, what Ford has done here is a simple single sound-absorbing layer of a carpet-like fabric on the underside of the MIC top pieces. Its well done, there's lots of contours and latches to cut around, and my car has no shedding or peeling. A few others report problems quality issues with the liner.

The Bronco with liner is still somewhat noisey at interstate speed, but not at lower speeds, so you'll need a more sophisticated vehicle treatment to make it quieter, if thats even possible. And sound acoustic vehicle treatment is so much more than what you hang on the underside of removable roof panels. The Bronco High package already has additional sound treatments in other parts of the vehicle --- on some models. But theres more that can be done, to reflect, stop, and absorb sound from inside and outside the vehicle. There are sound shops that do this if its important to you. The trouble is, theres not enough opportunity to test, experience and try out the Bronco to see what sound level you are willing to live with . . . And how much DIY time & money or shop money you're wiling to spend for an unknown level of sound reduction. For the panels, my research shows a multi-layer sandwich treatment is best, with several possible materials. Also the MIC panels core and sandwich construction helps some.

Those of us who ordered last February and March had to guess, if we had a hard top, as to whether to take the OEM sound treatment, free in the end, or deal with it later. Of course, Soft Top people already know it will be noisey.

I suggest you research vehicle acoustics, talk to a local sound system shop, or a national supplier of sound proofing material, and see what you're willing to do if you pass on the free head liner. The article below is a great start and has links to suppliers and sources and acoustical projects you could put your money into, maybe better than the free liner, if thats what you want to put your Bronco Customization money into. I'm satisfied that taking the OEM liner is fine for me for now, now you have to decide!
https://www.shopstreetsmart.com/every-vehicle-can-benefit-from-sound-deadener/

20211207_185415.jpg

20211207_185403.jpg

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, here's two night flash photos. I'm not trying to sell this, what Ford has done here is a simple single sound-absorbing layer of a carpet-like fabric on the underside of the MIC top pieces. Its well done, there's lots of contours and latches to cut around, and my car has no shedding or peeling. A few others report problems quality issues with the liner.

The Bronco with liner is still somewhat noisey at interstate speed, but not at lower speeds, so you'll need a more sophisticated vehicle treatment to make it quieter, if thats even possible. And sound acoustic vehicle treatment is so much more than what you hang on the underside of removable roof panels. The Bronco High package already has additional sound treatments in other parts of the vehicle --- on some models. But theres more that can be done, to reflect, stop, and absorb sound from inside and outside the vehicle. There are sound shops that do this if its important to you. The trouble is, theres not enough opportunity to test, experience and try out the Bronco to see what sound level you are willing to live with . . . And how much DIY time & money or shop money you're wiling to spend for an unknown level of sound reduction. For the panels, my research shows a multi-layer sandwich treatment is best, with several possible materials. Also the MIC panels core and sandwich construction helps some.

Those of us who ordered last February and March had to guess, if we had a hard top, as to whether to take the OEM sound treatment, free in the end, or deal with it later. Of course, Soft Top people already know it will be noisey.

I suggest you research vehicle acoustics, talk to a local sound system shop, or a national supplier of sound proofing material, and see what you're willing to do if you pass on the free head liner. The article below is a great start and has links to suppliers and sources and acoustical projects you could put your money into, maybe better than the free liner, if thats what you want to put your Bronco Customization money into. I'm satisfied that taking the OEM liner is fine for me for now, now you have to decide!

Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner 20211207_185403

Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner 20211207_185403
I am wondering if the factory sound deadening headliner is only on the removable panels or is it also on the rear clam shell?
I find that a lot of the noise that I am hearing seems to be coming from behind me as if a window were left openā€¦

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am wondering if the factory sound deadening headliner is only on the removable panels or is it also on the rear clam shell?
I find that a lot of the noise that I am hearing seems to be coming from behind me as if a window were left openā€¦
The liner goes all the way back and covers the entire rear clamshell

20211207_203247.jpg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

20211207_203247.jpg
Well, kind of. The liner covers the horizontal surfaces of the inside of the clamshell, the vertical surfaces are bare.

My 87 Bronco had no liner in the fiberglass and it echoed back there, so I definitely wanted liner in mine.

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

20211207_203247.jpg
Thanks for that.
I get the sense that the channels that run front to back above the clamshell windows might be causing a lot of my noise.
I have ordered some butyl tape and plan to experiment by filling the gaps to see if it is any quieter.
Will report backā€¦

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't have a VIN yet, you should still be able to get your dealer to add it for free. They don't automatically include it on the BD and BL because they figure you were more concerned with washout ability.
Who is washing the ceiling of their Bronco?!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Tork

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my Badlands 4 door Lux Nov 24th.
I had specified the headliner in my build but somehow it was overlooked.
My dealer contacted Ford and it will be installed under warranty because it was missed.
There is a lot of great information on this forum, but also a lot of BS.
The uncovered panels look great on my MIC 2.0, but the wind noise is effing ridiculous!!! (And Iā€™m coming from a 2010 hardtop Jeep JK WITH NO LINERā€¦)
Does Ford not have access to a wind tunnel?
Iā€™m hoping that the headliner makes a huge differenceā€¦
Thankfully the B&O system sounds great, so I just crank it up. (Iā€™ve read reviews to the contrary and Iā€™m absolutely baffled)
Maybe an aftermarket headliner is a better option and maybe that is what you (and I) should do, but it absolutely needs SOMETHING!
I told my dealer that if it comes without the head liner and was offered to me for free, that I would have no problem having it installed when it becomes available. He had no problem with that. We are on the same page.šŸ˜

OP
OP
Tork

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner 20211207_203247

Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner 20211207_203247
Thanks, doesn't look bad :) I am just wondering if it doesn't provide enough value, maybe I don't need it. I like the roof style, it's clean. With the sound deadening it's a little less good in my taste, but if it does the work, why not... I am on the fence :D
Sponsored