Badlands or Wildtrak?

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Badlands with Sasquatch seems to be the best choice and best all around in my opinion.

Extreme off roader and the only version with front sway bar disconnect.

Easy to add sport mode with FORScan.

Why does the wildtrack seem to be more desirable and valuable?

Silver bead lock rings are more appealing to me. The black ones from the wildtrack almost seem to cheapen things and make it look like it’s a lower model.
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think you can get a manual in the Wildtrack is that matters to you.

As for the sway bar, you can get manual disconnects.

Before Hoss 3.0 I thought BL > WT.
IMHO, Hoss 3.0 makes WT > BL.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think you can get a manual in the Wildtrack is that matters to you.

As for the sway bar, you can get manual disconnects.

Before Hoss 3.0 I thought BL > WT.
IMHO, Hoss 3.0 makes WT > BL.
Agree. Wildtrak with the Hoss for sure.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my 7MT Badlands, HOSS 2.0 or 3.0 who cares? It rides well and stirring the gears is just glorious, if you want luxury get a Benz. I am getting close to 5k miles and with fresh oil, 93 octane, and nice spring weather this thing is happy to boogie :cool:

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO selecting the Sasquatch package with the Badlands doesn't add much value compared to the cost, unlike virtually every other model. I think the Hoss 3.0 is really the big plus with the Wildtrak, as long as you're fine with the 2.7L and auto. Personally, I think that the 'not available' Hoss 3.0 w/ Badlands non-squatch would be the best.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has to be at least one thread on this subject.

Regardless, I won't use thr search function and just say that OBX is best as you get to pick options ala cart.

Sure, but then it’s a more expensive build than what comes stock with the Badlands or Wildtrack isn’t it ?

From what I’ve read here, and on other sites the Badlands is the best, most robust option without SAS as an off the assembly line SUV.

Last edited:

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands with Sasquatch seems to be the best choice and best all around in my opinion.

Extreme off roader and the only version with front sway bar disconnect.

Easy to add sport mode with FORScan.

Why does the wildtrack seem to be more desirable and valuable?

Silver bead lock rings are more appealing to me. The black ones from the wildtrack almost seem to cheapen things and make it look like it’s a lower model.
The 2023 Wildtrack comes standard with upgraded Fox suspension, and upgraded steering, HOSS 3.0.

It's personal preference really. I like the Badlands myself. It's better equipped for what I like, plus it is available with the 7mt, which is a blast to drive.

Sponsored
OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What exactly is the benefit of the Hoss 3.0? Better shocks and different steering program?? IIRC it wasn’t available on 21s was an option on some 22s and now standard on 23 WTs?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I got WT then it would be solely for Hoss 3.0. In my opinion the interior on WT is far less appealing than Badlands with the color scheme and I love the mgv and rubber floors of Badlands. If I just had to choose between the 2 it would be Badlands.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What exactly is the benefit of the Hoss 3.0? Better shocks and different steering program?? IIRC it wasn’t available on 21s was an option on some 22s and now standard on 23 WTs?
Steering is the big one for me. There are a bunch of folks spending a ton of money trying to get a HOSS 3.0 steering rack to work in their non HOSS 3.0 Bronco and it’s not as simple as just swapping it out due to its electronic nature.. It’s worth it if you Offroad as it’s significantly more durable than the non 3.0

OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I got WT then it would be solely for Hoss 3.0. In my opinion the interior on WT is far less appealing than Badlands with the color scheme and I love the mgv and rubber floors of Badlands. If I just had to choose between the 2 it would be Badlands.
Yes interior was a big one for me don't like the WT interior or all black rims. HOSS 3.0 sounds like it would be nice. Might trickle down to other models in the future as an option like it was initially on the WT. I think it was like $2500 or so when it was on the WT.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have both. 2021 BL Sasquatch and 2023 WT. Wife loves the WT due to the Fox shocks eating up the bumps softer than the Bilstein shocks. She also prefers the leather where I prefer the MGV. One thing odd though, we took both from Dallas to the Smoky Mountains. She got a little over 1 MPG better than I did. I keep my tires around 35-37 PSI and she's at 40 PSI so that may have contributed to it.
Sponsored