First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone know the wait time for Badlands 4 door vs a BB or OBX 4 door with Sasquatch package? Seems like the Sasquatch has been significantly constrained but I haven’t seen badlands on the constraints list. Although I have seen a lot of badlands models delayed.

Trying to order the most capable bronco next month that has the best chance of delivery under a year.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BB/OBX with the Sasquatch package will most likely have a shorter wait time.

That said, the sway-bar disconnect hasn't been a major constraint in a few months. We don't know what the future holds, but assuming the current trend holds the wait time between a Badlands and a BB/OBX Sasquatch will probably be about the same. Regardless of what the future holds, the most important thing is to stay away from the technology and a few of the extremely popular options. No High/Lux package, no tow package, no modular bumper, etc.

I should also note that the front locking axle is a constraint (and has been most of the year)—which is common on both Badlands and the Sasquatch packaged Broncos. So if you really want to optimize and shorten your wait time, get a BB/OBX with a rear locker and the standard part-time 4x4 option. You can add on 35" tires yourself after you take delivery. Obviously if you go that route you won't have a front locker, but depending on where you intend to take this vehicle that may not matter. I know you said you wanted the most capable Bronco available, but the most capable Broncos have the longest wait times, and it is worth noting that vast majority of people will get everywhere they want to go with only a rear locker. Up to you as to what kind of trade-offs you are willing to make to get it under a year.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weren’t the 35” tires an issue with the plant in China recently too? Along with a billion other things…

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Regardless of what the future holds, the most important thing is to stay away from the technology and a few of the extremely popular options. No High/Lux package, no tow package, no modular bumper, etc.
Don't listen to this clown. No clue what he is talking about.

The most important thing is to STAY PUMPED!!!!

plus lottery tickets if you think you can input a new order when the MY23 order banks open up and get your Bronco within a year

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good points. I’m wondering if going soft top can speed things up. I heard that MIC capacity has increased lately.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know the wait time for Badlands 4 door vs a BB or OBX 4 door with Sasquatch package? Seems like the Sasquatch has been significantly constrained but I haven’t seen badlands on the constraints list. Although I have seen a lot of badlands models delayed.

Trying to order the most capable bronco next month that has the best chance of delivery under a year.
Order what you want.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order exactly what you want, tow package was the only constraint I had from the beginning and I have been waiting 532 days since my order. It’s a completely random process. My brother had the same build in a different color, he got his 7 months ago. We ordered an hour apart at the same dealer.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good points. I’m wondering if going soft top can speed things up. I heard that MIC capacity has increased lately.
It has increased for sure, but hard top still constrained. For some people (myself included) hard top is mandatory. But if you don't mind or prefer the soft top, switching to soft top it will absolutely help your chances.

To be honest this whole thing is kind of a crap shoot. The most important factor is which dealer you ordered your vehicle from. But the data to make an educated decision about the dealer is all private internal information that most dealers are unwilling to share publicly. There are some people who have ordered maxed out Broncos and gotten them in less than a year. There are others who have somewhat moderately spec'd vehicles and have been waiting over a year since their initial order.

So you got two choices:
  1. Order what you want and don't worry about how long it'll take to get it.
  2. Minimize the amount of constraints as much as possible and hope the scheduling gods like you.
The good news is that the overall wait time should drop as we get further away from the pandemic and the economy starts to slow down due to inflation. The bad news is we don't know what curveballs are going to be thrown at us next.

For all we know Godzilla could emerge out of Lake Michigan in the next few months and completely destroy the Detroit area. :giggle:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s all a matter of striking at luck. If your order gets pulled in 2023, buy a lotto and go hit the slots.

Sponsored

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most important factor is which dealer you ordered your vehicle from.
This. Right. Here. There are definitely some constraints, but being at a dealer where you are going to get their build allocation will help make sure that *you* are the one getting those rare MIC tops and tow packages.

I have a 7/20 reservation at SAC for a 4 door, 2.7, badlands, sasquatch, lux, soft top that I am still waiting on. In January I found myself a unicorn dealer near me (high allocation, low number of Bronco orders, willing to sell at MSRP), and placed the exact same order on Jan 27th. My bronco got delivered in the end of June. It's great having a Bronco to drive around while I wait for my Bronco. I've learned that I really like the soft top, even though it's loud, and that the people on here complain about the most miniscule things. I love the truck and am so happy to have one.

I'm happy to share my dealer contact info if you are interested, just message me.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It has increased for sure, but hard top still constrained. For some people (myself included) hard top is mandatory. But if you don't mind or prefer the soft top, switching to soft top it will absolutely help your chances.

To be honest this whole thing is kind of a crap shoot. The most important factor is which dealer you ordered your vehicle from. But the data to make an educated decision about the dealer is all private internal information that most dealers are unwilling to share publicly. There are some people who have ordered maxed out Broncos and gotten them in less than a year. There are others who have somewhat moderately spec'd vehicles and have been waiting over a year since their initial order.

So you got two choices:
  1. Order what you want and don't worry about how long it'll take to get it.
  2. Minimize the amount of constraints as much as possible and hope the scheduling gods like you.
The good news is that the overall wait time should drop as we get further away from the pandemic and the economy starts to slow down due to inflation. The bad news is we don't know what curveballs are going to be thrown at us next.

For all we know Godzilla could emerge out of Lake Michigan in the next few months and completely destroy the Detroit area. :giggle:
Lol, very well said!

I’m ordering from a dealer about an hour away that adds an extended powertrain warranty to every new Ford they sell. I put my reservation in last month and the co-owner told me I was the #1 bronco reservation for MY23 but not sure how many allocations or volume the dealer does.

I guess I just go with what I want and roll the dice.

Thanks!
Sponsored