Sponsored

Am I missing something? Badlands vs Sasquatch option.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are they all the same wheel? Everyone I try to ask for the respective offsets I get deleted by an administrator and sent to a thread that in no way answers the question.

I did find out the wildtrak wheels are 17x8 with 0 mm offset. And I found diameter and width of others but not offset.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No what I meant was squatch...and wt which includes squatch all use the same wheel. 1 in less backspacing...boom done!
The numbers are for Squatch/WT compared to Badlands; the original point of the thread. The tires are different.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The numbers are for Squatch/WT compared to Badlands; the original point of the thread. The tires are different.
Ya, and so are the wheels. AFAIK squatch wheels are squatch only. If they are .5in wider, and 1in less backspacing that would account for the track width difference. This is day 1 jeep stuff...always go "out" as you go "up".

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, and so are the wheels. AFAIK squatch wheels are squatch only. If they are .5in wider, and 1in less backspacing that would account for the track width difference. This is day 1 jeep stuff...always go "out" as you go "up".
Tire tread width is used to measure track, because rim width is generally more narrow unless you're one of those "stanced" guys.

Experience? My "day 1 jeep" had 35x12.50s and the rims were not 12.5" wide.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tire tread width is used to measure track, because rim width is generally more narrow unless you're one of those "stanced" guys.

Experience? My "day 1 jeep" had 35x12.50s and the rims were not 12.5" wide.
No, but they typically are 15x8 3.75 backspacing. Stock are 15x7 5"backspacing. That would be my guess cause thats the jeep wheels everybody uses. My guess would be Ford does the same w/squatch...slightly wider, less backspacing. I would be surprised if they did it any other way. Pics I've seen of the squatch wheels compared to base badlands wheels look that way to me.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but they typically are 15x8 3.75 backspacing. Stock are 15x7 5"backspacing. That would be my guess cause thats the jeep wheels everybody uses. My guess would be Ford does the same w/squatch...slightly wider, less backspacing. I would be surprised if they did it any other way. Pics I've seen of the squatch wheels compared to base badlands wheels look that way to me.
Right, I have very little doubt that the 'Squatch rims are indeed an inch wider. I ran 15x10s...maybe 3.5 in backspacing, but I can't remember now.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
^ only to be said while wearing an aluminum foil hat.

Tells you everything you need to know! The Gov is coming for your crunchy music!!!! (Then your dog, your truck and your cheese. In that order)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they all the same wheel? Everyone I try to ask for the respective offsets I get deleted by an administrator and sent to a thread that in no way answers the question.

I did find out the wildtrak wheels are 17x8 with 0 mm offset. And I found diameter and width of others but not offset.
Offset is a bad measurement to use for these kinds of things...backspacing is better...here's why...there is a fixed amount of space on the back side of the tire and rim. Simply saying "I want a 10in wide rim w/0 offset to replace a 8in wide rim w/0 offset" is going to cause mr. Clearance Clarence to have a heart attack. Whereas, a 10in and 8in rim w/the same backspacing should both fit...the 10in wide rim will stick out an addl 2in, and if we are measuring track width using the rolling center of the tire, would increase it by 4". This would be completely regardless tire size. What is the difference in track width between squatch and non squatch? What is the difference in backspacing between the squatch and non squatch wheels? And what are thier widths?

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All understood. And all can be figured by the center of the wheel which represents a 0 mm offset.
Then there is no figuring for width of the mounting lip.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty sure I read somewhere Squatch wheels are 8.5".

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ship date? Badlands stick should ship at launch. Squatch is supposed to be late availability.
Also, where did you get this info? I would assume they would be getting Squatches out first for rolling advertisements.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^ only to be said while wearing an aluminum foil hat.

Tells you everything you need to know! The Gov is coming for your crunchy music!!!! (Then your dog, your truck and your cheese. In that order)

....and with the advent of self driving vehicles, it is only a matter of time until there is a country song about a guys truck leaving him.....

maybe at a later date I'll discuss the grumpy faced foil hat. Don't want to start crap.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sasquatch doesn't have the sway bar disconnect does it?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch doesn't have the sway bar disconnect does it?
No.
As I recall..... The Reps in Colorado said it would NOT be available as an individual option either.
Sponsored