Sponsored

Badlands vs rubicon pricing. What am I missing ?

RangerR

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak and Road Glide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I came from a Gladiator High Altitude which is the luxury package. The seating surface was nice but the seats themselves are more comfortable on the Wildtrak. The Jeeps was noticeably narrower with almost no storage compartments. The ride on the Wildtrak is better as well.

737629E2-7A56-4167-9CA8-D052C1860217.jpeg

26AFBC87-BB33-4431-9EAF-7E556FB26B7C.jpeg
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I saw a wild track at beach yesterday. IMO Interior of my Badlands is MUCH better. MGV and accents trims are awesome
The OBX actually has the nicest of the cloth interiors available in the current Bronco (although I have not seen the Heritage Edition interior in person yet).

OP
OP

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the A51 club! Still torn on doing the gloss Black Grill. I think it needs is since it’s the last bit of CG, my wife disagrees.

edit: on a $47k Bronco Badlands, your Jeep was over options to compare. You didn’t get metallic pain or leather in the Bronco. You would have to move up several packages of Bronco to get the safety package as well. I think they are closer in pricing than this comparison.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs rubicon pricing. What am I missing ? 26AFBC87-BB33-4431-9EAF-7E556FB26B7C
Thanks,
I added safety since th e base rubicon does not come wi try collision assist etc. also as far as the leather package, the rubicon comes with cloth standard and the bronco is certainly not cloth. And for the paint I added a paint option cuz all their cool colors come with an upcharge unlike the bronco which is for free.

OP
OP

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s also interesting to at the bf Goodrich 33s are as wide as good year 35. I knew that going in since I replaced my 35 bf on the raptor with the good year when the truck needed new tires and I was immediately disappointed with how narrow they look. I always thought if I get the bronco I’d be swapping the wheels tires combo 35s from sasquash but having seen them in person yesterday the difference is truly minimal

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just purchased a manual badlands with modular steel front bumper for 48.7k Msrp in CA. Having had multiple JL wranglers in the past couple years I was a bit shocked on the pricing compared to the similarly equipped rubicon. ( see attached for the rubicon build price )
Packages that are missing from a base rubicon:
Led package
Steel bumpers
Paint color upcharge
Safety package
Leather package
Bringing the total to 57k, which is 8k more than the badlands
I'm certainly not a BL-basher (waiting on my March scheduled build) but . . . leather certainly isn't standard on the BL; in fact not only is it a (IMO) pricey option it also requires the Mid package as a minimum - so that leather option is a minimum of $3,690. Depending upon how one defines "steel bumpers" that's kind of iffy, too, as I would think MOST folks would consider the Bronco equivalent to the Wrangler optional steel bumper would be the *optional* ($575)Modular bumper and NOT the standard Capable bumper.

So with just leather and "steel bumper" that's $4,265 for TWO options that are NOT part of the base. I really don't think apples are being compared to anything found in the produce aisle here. I am glad you are happy with your Bronco.

Sponsored

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrack and base seat material and finish are very subpar. The orange stitching and accents really help the interior in this trim
I love the Wildtrak interior outside the seats which I replaced with Katzkin. If anything the interiors are relatively the same once you get the lux and high grade components. I got one of the few subwoofers before they went cheap on us again and it’s quality is better than I had in my RangeRover.

Gripes:
main things I don’t like about the bronco are the mpg which makes sense since it’s over 5k pounds easily with mods, the wind shield wipers are terrible at times when they decide to slow down, the 1966 lighting in the cabin makes me unable to see my children at night on long drives, and overall the heating and cooling seems kind of sus.

Pros:
The exterior is the best thing I’ve seen ever for a vehicle that is a truck or suv. Personal preference of course but I’ve never seen something that made me smile walking by it even before I considered buying one. The engine power and handling is amazing, the drive in any terrain (outside rock crawling without additional mods) feels wonderful with the Hoss 3.0, the airlock cabin not being dead quiet is no problem for a top that comes off and is wonderful for beach, fishing or wine country touring, and best of all the quirky mod friendly ports on the bronco goes above and beyond anything I’ve ever seen for the users.

I always liked the idea of a Ford but I never imagine it would be this amazing to own.

9D3AC3B7-2ADA-4A30-A6FC-63042385844B.jpeg

6BB21981-6C5F-4DB0-9CE3-BA8E70BA39F4.jpeg

859B39D7-10F8-4798-84CF-D29385246B21.jpeg

AED8585F-91F6-4862-A0C9-D6C9BBABC80A.jpeg

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the cloth seats in the Base. Much nicer than the cloth seats in the F-150.

I'd prefer tan, or coyote brown over charcoal, but it's better than space black.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm certainly not a BL-basher (waiting on my March scheduled build) but . . . leather certainly isn't standard on the BL; in fact not only is it a (IMO) pricey option it also requires the Mid package as a minimum - so that leather option is a minimum of $3,690. Depending upon how one defines "steel bumpers" that's kind of iffy, too, as I would think MOST folks would consider the Bronco equivalent to the Wrangler optional steel bumper would be the *optional* ($575)Modular bumper and NOT the standard Capable bumper.

So with just leather and "steel bumper" that's $4,265 for TWO options that are NOT part of the base. I really don't think apples are being compared to anything found in the produce aisle here. I am glad you are happy with your Bronco.
I’m in the minority by thinking the modular bumper that everyone pays $800 and immediately adds $500-800 fogs (making it essentially non modular) becomes the same function as the capable. If I need a tow hook, I’ve got one. Unless you intend to add a never actually used bull bar then I stand corrected. Of course I’ve never seen a bashed in bull bar except from the occasional distracted driver, so who the heck knows. The capable is better merely from the fog switch, light wiring, and forescan programming. Spend the $800 on something that differentiates your rig from the world. Also Jeep nailed their capable bumper with dogs over ford.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There’s a good $5k-$7k difference in the Base to Sport too, or Sport S to meet the same amenities of the Base Bronco.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

OIP (3).jpeg

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrack and base seat material and finish are very subpar. The orange stitching and accents really help the interior in this trim
Seats are at the bottom of priorities for me because nobody will ever see them.

My last vehicle was a Gladiator. Mohave edition. Has gorgeous leather seats with beautiful orange accent stitching. No way in hell was I going to leave those expensive seats uncovered for dogs and slob passengers to destroy. So I did what most people do - I covered them.

As I was finishing the install of the covers I chuckled to myself: “what’s the point of having gorgeous seats if nobody ever sees them?”

This will also be the first mod I make to my WT when it arrives in a few weeks. Anybody asks I’ll just tell them - “it has the most beautiful seats ever witnessed by man under those covers. A true work of art DaVinci himself would be envious of!”.

Who will know? And, more importantly, who will care?

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The interior of the Wildtrak is the reason I did not go with that model. The wildtrak seats are very ugly.
Sponsored