Sponsored

Badlands vs rubicon pricing. What am I missing ?

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just purchased a manual badlands with modular steel front bumper for 48.7k Msrp in CA. Having had multiple JL wranglers in the past couple years I was a bit shocked on the pricing compared to the similarly equipped rubicon. ( see attached for the rubicon build price )
Packages that are missing from a base rubicon:
Led package
Steel bumpers
Paint color upcharge
Safety package
Leather package
Bringing the total to 57k, which is 8k more than the badlands

first impressions of the truck :
It looks awsome and retro specially in this color combo
The interior of the bronco is only acceptable in the badlands package . Every other one I have seen is extremely underwhelming

there is alot of wind noise .

The ride quality isnā€™t far off from a wrangler. My past 4 trucks have been gen3 raptor, gen2 raptor , trx and defender so maybe I forgotten how wranglers ride but the bronco definitely rides muc

My biggest complaint however is with the instrument cluster. My god this thing is uglyšŸ˜‚

70F0747D-3F45-4DDC-A21D-67AE53AF721F.png

EBD1FCBF-C645-40A0-96E5-1E99195BF177.jpeg
Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk what you mean by the interior only being acceptable in badlands spec. Itā€™s the same interior in nearly every trim, lol. Barring the raptor, the only thing that changes for your money is the material of the seat covers.

But yes, bronco msrp pricing is better at just about every trim than an equivalent wrangler.

OP
OP

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrack and base seat material and finish are very subpar. The orange stitching and accents really help the interior in this trim

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I saw a wild track at beach yesterday. IMO Interior of my Badlands is MUCH better. MGV and accents trims are awesome

Sponsored

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Biggest driver of the cost difference is the Rubicons solid front axle vs the Badlands IFS. Solid axles are spendy

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, a 48k Badland 4-door? My Big Bend 4-door hardtop was 48k last August! It has 2.7 engine, auto transmission, mid package. Led lights, šŸ˜‚.

Do you ming sharing the options in the Badland?

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wildtrack and base seat material and finish are very subpar. The orange stitching and accents really help the interior in this trim
Counterpoint. All of the interior finishes and optional seat covers are very subpar for a $40,000+ vehicle. But hey, if neat color is all it takes to elevate the quality of the interior to you, then I guess we're just going to fundamentally disagree here.

OP
OP

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, a 48k Badland 4-door? My Big Bend 4-door hardtop was 48k last August! It has 2.7 engine, auto transmission, mid package. Led lights, šŸ˜‚.

Do you ming sharing the options in the Badland?
Itā€™s a base with only modular steel bumper

OP
OP

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Counterpoint. All of the interior finishes and optional seat covers are very subpar for a $40,000+ vehicle. But hey, if neat color is all it takes to elevate the quality of the interior to you, then I guess we're just going to fundamentally disagree here.
Agreed. Nothing exciting about either of the interior but this one is the most acceptable of them all

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s a base with only modular steel bumper
Why donā€™t you do a similar build price check? Your comparison is like apples to oranges.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not missing anything, You're comparing a mildly optioned base Rubicon to a Truely base no options Badlands...

Ford and Jeep put different priorities on what they included in a base package, it's up to the consumer (You) to decide what of these options is important to you, and buy appropriately. I've owned a Base 0 options Rubicon JK, Traded it in on a Base 0 options Badlands, Because it was the right choice for me, With the Crawler Gear and 4.70 Gears. Had I been able to forgo the Modular Bumper and LED Lighting at the time I would have, and would have gotten it cheaper, didn't get that option from Ford. If those things are important to you, then yes. the Badlands is the better deal. But comparing "Base to Base with options" isn't really a fair comparison..

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, apples and oranges. OP included the leather package for the Jeep but you apparently bought MGV with the Ford.

I agree that the BL interior is the best looking (but still unbelievably shitty quality). The first thing I did was replace the center grab handle with the Base delete. The handle looks ridiculous and does absolutely nothing--other than prevent the passenger from using the front console storage/charger area.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just purchased a manual badlands with modular steel front bumper for 48.7k Msrp in CA. Having had multiple JL wranglers in the past couple years I was a bit shocked on the pricing compared to the similarly equipped rubicon. ( see attached for the rubicon build price )
Led package
Steel bumpers
Paint color upcharge
Safety package
Leather package

The interior of the bronco is only acceptable in the badlands package . Every other one I have seen is extremely underwhelming

The ride quality isnā€™t far off from a wrangler. My past 4 trucks have been gen3 raptor, gen2 raptor , trx and defender so maybe I forgotten how wranglers ride but the bronco definitely rides muc

My biggest complaint however is with the instrument cluster. My god this thing is uglyšŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco Badlands vs rubicon pricing. What am I missing ? 1B168E2D-D776-415E-80E2-60D3765DAD10

Ford Bronco Badlands vs rubicon pricing. What am I missing ? 1B168E2D-D776-415E-80E2-60D3765DAD10
I did the same a while back and the Rubicon was more expensive. I did my best to make sure it was like for like options. Not sure if it is the EV part of the Jeep. Who parked you Bronco in handicap? Nice looking truck...enjoy!! I switched to those wheels, glad I did. Someday my truck will come.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Led package
Steel bumpers
Paint color upcharge
Safety package
Leather package

70F0747D-3F45-4DDC-A21D-67AE53AF721F.png

EBD1FCBF-C645-40A0-96E5-1E99195BF177.jpeg
Welcome to the A51 club! Still torn on doing the gloss Black Grill. I think it needs is since itā€™s the last bit of CG, my wife disagrees.

edit: on a $47k Bronco Badlands, your Jeep was over options to compare. You didnā€™t get metallic pain or leather in the Bronco. You would have to move up several packages of Bronco to get the safety package as well. I think they are closer in pricing than this comparison.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs rubicon pricing. What am I missing ? B75E1CE4-C431-4A41-83B4-1AFA7E678A19
Sponsored