Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just strange how you can go 3” wider each side and still end up in the same travel range as stock geometry.
Longer arms. Longer shocks, with less shaft travel.

stock badlands shocks would have about 13” with this kit. But be 30% soft. If you are a manual 2.3 going to 2.7/auto springs would get you close.

i was considering these arms. With V6 coils and stock shocks. But I really don’t like the extra width on our trails. Especially if I needed more
Backspacing adding MORE width.

I’m curious about cutting bumpstops for travel instead…..
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Longer arms. Longer shocks, with less shaft travel.

stock badlands shocks would have about 13” with this kit. But be 30% soft. If you are a manual 2.3 going to 2.7/auto springs would get you close.

i was considering these arms. With V6 coils and stock shocks. But I really don’t like the extra width on our trails. Especially if I needed more
Backspacing adding MORE width.

I’m curious about cutting bumpstops for travel instead…..
How do you know the kings/fox have less shaft travel than stock BL? just never saw any of the stock shaft travel numbers posted… only that stock BL has about 9.4” wheel travel (see this post). That in mind, I would think the aftermarket shocks give you about an inch more wheel travel over stock BL shocks

but yeah good luck with any LT kit not adding track width. That’s how you change the motion ratio on any IFS

Last edited:

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They get less than a badlands. More than a stock bronco. 20% more travel
Over stock…… marketing is a bitch.

specs are on poly performance or fox site
Yeah I’m not sure where that 20% comes from, but it’s pretty easy to calculate the expected wheel travel if you know the motion ratio and the shock extended/compressed. Let’s take the more conservative fox front of 5.97” and a motion ratio of 1.7 (I’ve heard it’s more). Comes out to >10” of wheel travel…

Other thing to keep in mind, that 9.4” on a BL suspension is with that giant bump stop @BigMeatsBronco knows so well. So it’s likely you’ll get way less real travel than that compared to the fox bumpstop. The other thing you’ll have to worry about is the fender kiss at compression of anything >33” so you’ll actually have to extend the bump stop, bringing you back to SAS suspension travel numbers at best

of course, if this is for street 35/37s and some light trails, stock BL suspension is a good choice, but the extra travel would mostly go unused for this case

in terms of cost, I was quoted about $2500 for the stock BL suspension. First new pair of shocks and the foxes pay for themselves since they just need a rebuild
Sponsored

Last edited: