LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is nothing easy about adding trailer wiring. Many, many posts on this.
I'm sure you are correct that the Curt plug and play wiring harness will be above and beyond many's ability, but in that case they should be ordering everything they want from the factory to begin with. But for those who understand things like righty tighty and such, the harness will be easy enough.
Just did the Curt plug n play. Easy, the only ā€œhardā€œ part is running a wire from the back to the engine compartment and hooking up to the a
ready there terminal on the battery. Easy. About a 2 on a 10 scale. Took some time to tuck wires. I removed the rear bumper ( 8 bolts) to make it easier to lay things out.
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Being as you're looking at a lower trim, tow from the factory may not be too much of a constraint.

I've got a BD with MIC top, roof rails, and tow scheduled for week of 1/3. Manual too. Reservation of 5/12/21.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got the base and the dealer had installed the rough country ā€œbrodozer starter kitā€ and wheels/tires. On road it is miles ahead of my Wrangler, and it will only see light off road duty at times. Kept the Jeep for rock crawling duties. Now I got to call my niece for some douchey sparkles for my jeans pockets šŸ˜.for a bare bones model Iā€™m plenty happy with it.

Ford Bronco Base Bronco Build Question 63847742-0E84-482D-8D67-76940A222201

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are going to do regular hard core offroading then Base is probably not for you.

But for lighter offroad and for primarily daily driving, then Base is great.

Trailer hitch is an easy add on for half the price of factory. And you can run 33" tires without a lift
Timinpgh has it right. All you really need to do is buy some All-Terrain tires. I kept the 16" steelies and went with Falken TrailPeak ATw3s that barely outdid the Nitto Grappler G2s that I normally get. It was the weight, 44 lbs. for the 31.46" Falkens. You might be better off getting the Nittos as the road ride was better. You can easily find some 33/34s that do not require a lift or new wheels even.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a great plan. Personally I'd not buy a modern mas-produced car and be concerned with resale value. If you don't need/ want SAS then don't spend the money thinking it will be an investment in the cars resale. If Jeeps are any indication, Broncos will hold their value very well and will be super easy to sell at any time.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just did the Curt plug n play. Easy, the only ā€œhardā€œ part is running a wire from the back to the engine compartment and hooking up to the a
ready there terminal on the battery. Easy. About a 2 on a 10 scale. Took some time to tuck wires. I removed the rear bumper ( 8 bolts) to make it easier to lay things out.
Good for you. I guess "easy" and "hard" are relative terms.
Did you include both 4 and 7 pin connectors?

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the base and the dealer had installed the rough country ā€œbrodozer starter kitā€ and wheels/tires. On road it is miles ahead of my Wrangler, and it will only see light off road duty at times. Kept the Jeep for rock crawling duties. Now I got to call my niece for some douchey sparkles for my jeans pockets šŸ˜.for a bare bones model Iā€™m plenty happy with it.

Ford Bronco Base Bronco Build Question 63847742-0E84-482D-8D67-76940A222201
That actually looks pretty good. Iā€™ll amend my previous statements regarding half lift kits on the condition that you promise to properly aim your headlights so you arenā€™t intentionally melting the retinas of everyone you meet and promise to never pull a trailer.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found the BaseSasquatch is a good value if you are doing the 2.7 L - auto. Regardless of Sas /Non-Sas, Get the Aux switches and Roof Rack. The Rack is a good buy at $365.
I did the Curt hitch and will follow up with their plug & play wiring.

Ford Bronco Base Bronco Build Question Folly-2.JPG

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That actually looks pretty good. Iā€™ll amend my previous statements regarding half lift kits on the condition that you promise to properly aim your headlights so you arenā€™t intentionally melting the retinas of everyone you meet and promise to never pull a trailer.
U are right on the merits of rake for sure, was just having a little fun. No pulling trailers in my future! Re: headlights, the base LEDs may be the one thing Iā€™m disappointed in. They really arenā€™t all that bright, havenā€™t been flashed once. Not sure if the dealer adjusted them after the lift but they seem weak compared to my JK, which has the factory LEDs and has been re-adjusted properly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good for you. I guess "easy" and "hard" are relative terms.
Did you include both 4 and 7 pin connectors?
I might put the large connector on the bumper when I get a steel one just to clean up that hanging 4 pin and use the 7-4 adapter.

The kit includes only a flat 4 connector.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Chris, I have the base 2dr. , 2.7 sas and it is an awesome machine. My build was just over 40K. Well worth it. the gearing ratio on the sas is amazing and I feel it will hold value much more then a base that has add ons. here is a pic.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/3244/#js-comment-23305
Beautiful.
Also, agree, Sasquatch isnā€™t just tires and wheels, you get a better Ford approved and installed suspension which is underrated in my opinion.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered a base model 2 door in green with three options (aux switches, block heater, keyless entry pad) October 18. I'm hoping they can throw it together, wipe its ass, and shove it out the door. I've pestered the salesmen so much here at work about it that I'm afraid to ask if I got a build date yet.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL, had to look up Brodozer... I hadn't heard that one before. I almost went with the Brodozer lift on my OBX, but decided to spend a little more an just put the Badlands shocks, springs, and stops on the OBX. I don't that I will regret this decision over opting for the Rough Country 1" spacer lift (but not being able to call it a Brodozer makes me sad).
Sponsored