cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
virtually impossible to find! 🤣. Touch of Modern is one thing, but why would as a base like this go at B-J unless it’s a charity thing I overlooked….

3CBB5A13-1B22-4D53-B6BE-8EB11C06CB0A.jpeg

EE4CE6D0-F9EF-4CE6-898A-B65EEDB83F92.jpeg

B6393EB1-452D-45F6-9D39-91046980CC05.jpeg
Read the ad, all of you. This thing isn't just customized, it also has "Steering Stabilization" which is really awesome for off-roading :D

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Base Bronco just sold for $220k at Barrett Jackson Auctions. It’s a 2.3L with a Soft-Top. The only customizations are a lift, wheels/tires, sidesteps, a bumper, and a custom leather interior. It’s even still running 3.73 gearing (stock suspension, non-sasquatch).

712EB9D8-E8D9-4746-9B28-9B83BF9FBFE4.jpeg

754C78A2-5F10-4AD2-9590-98F15FE67B13.jpeg

748D41AC-7F1B-4EEA-82B7-2CDA88D5B737.jpeg

My Base Bronco came with Sasquatch, and has way more in modifications than this Bronco (including actual performance mods). Makes me wonder if I should send it off to Barrett Jackson, so I can buy a house 🤔

This really is a testament to the value of these machines. They’re worth way more than MRSP in the current market. And that doesn’t look like it’s changing anytime soon. Even with increased production, they look to be holding their value. Even my insurance company estimated my Broncos value at $20k more than I paid for it.
I was at this auction in person - can confirm without any doubt - WAY too many people drinking WAY too much cheap beer to pay that for this Bronco - while a nice rig, all vehicles at that auction were so over priced - seller was lucky to be in the right place, at the right time :)

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I watch a fair amount of BJ and Mecum. It's nice to see the vehicles as part of history of the automotive world. This year in particular almost all of the vehicles seemed to sell for way more than the value- or at least they seem to go for so much more than the past. Deep pocket bidders just want what they want, regardless as you stated. The bidding room was packed and it seemed most everyone there had what seemed like unlimited money. I don't think Mecum or BJ is a good place to buy anything. Sell maybe, not buy.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

virtually impossible to find! 🤣. Touch of Modern is one thing, but why would as a base like this go at B-J unless it’s a charity thing I overlooked….

3CBB5A13-1B22-4D53-B6BE-8EB11C06CB0A.jpeg

EE4CE6D0-F9EF-4CE6-898A-B65EEDB83F92.jpeg

B6393EB1-452D-45F6-9D39-91046980CC05.jpeg
What is Marine Grade Custom Leather?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was at this auction in person - can confirm without any doubt - WAY too many people drinking WAY too much cheap beer to pay that for this Bronco - while a nice rig, all vehicles at that auction were so over priced - seller was lucky to be in the right place, at the right time :)
I figured this was the case! People who have never been to these types of auctions, are so quick to claim conspiracy. The demand for these Broncos is really there!

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tailgate will fall off the first time it's opened with that spare.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This Base Bronco just sold for $220k at Barrett Jackson Auctions. It’s a 2.3L with a Soft-Top. The only customizations are a lift, wheels/tires, sidesteps, a bumper, and a custom leather interior. It’s even still running 3.73 gearing (stock suspension, non-sasquatch).

712EB9D8-E8D9-4746-9B28-9B83BF9FBFE4.jpeg

754C78A2-5F10-4AD2-9590-98F15FE67B13.jpeg

748D41AC-7F1B-4EEA-82B7-2CDA88D5B737.jpeg

My Base Bronco came with Sasquatch, and has way more in modifications than this Bronco (including actual performance mods). Makes me wonder if I should send it off to Barrett Jackson, so I can buy a house. 🤔

This really is a testament to the value of these machines. They’re worth way more than MRSP in the current market. And that doesn’t look like it’s changing anytime soon. Even with increased production, they look to be holding their value. Even my insurance company estimated my Broncos value at $20k more than I paid for it.

Edit: For the confused people that have never been to one of these auctions, it wasn’t a scam. I love the conspiracies y’all are coming up with though! 🤣
Been to several B/J auctions and in my opinion there are shills in the audience.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I watch a fair amount of BJ and Mecum. It's nice to see the vehicles as part of history of the automotive world. This year in particular almost all of the vehicles seemed to sell for way more than the value- or at least they seem to go for so much more than the past. Deep pocket bidders just want what they want, regardless as you stated. The bidding room was packed and it seemed most everyone there had what seemed like unlimited money. I don't think Mecum or BJ is a good place to buy anything. Sell maybe, not buy.
Totally agree with this, 100%, especially the part about selling not buying. I was there for 3 days and watched it off and on a couple more. Lots of crazy money being thrown around at least compared to last year. I have this theory that people are finally waking up from 2 years of COVID and ready to burn some money to get some type of vintage car. Maybe I’m in the mode of “familiarity breeds contempt” but the 1G Broncos have reached the meh stage for me. But after this year’s BJ, I’m thinking about Series II Land Rovers or early TLC. Some sweet examples this year.

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JFC so if I put some stitched leather seat mods and a bumper and LED light I can get like $300K for my Badlands right? wow

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JFC so if I put some stitched leather seat mods and a bumper and LED light I can get like $300K for my Badlands right? wow
That sounds about right if you bring it to Barrett Jackson apparently! 🤔

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally agree with this, 100%, especially the part about selling not buying. I was there for 3 days and watched it off and on a couple more. Lots of crazy money being thrown around at least compared to last year. I have this theory that people are finally waking up from 2 years of COVID and ready to burn some money to get some type of vintage car. Maybe I’m in the mode of “familiarity breeds contempt” but the 1G Broncos have reached the meh stage for me. But after this year’s BJ, I’m thinking about Series II Land Rovers or early TLC. Some sweet examples this year.
Yes, exactly- waking up from Covid, locked away and not being able to spend money, now they wake up and it's a frenzy.

I see some nice cars and trucks regularly on Craigslist going for 1/4 to 1/2 of what they are going for on BJ and Mecum. You have to look deep but they are there. That's where I would look if I want anything.

I am also at the meh stage on the Broncos. Too much delay. My Basesquatch 2 door is in the build week of 1/17. I reserved 7/14, early AM. It's completely stagnant. Maybe by July or Aug.......2 year wait.....

TacocaT

Wildtrak
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Explorer Platinum, 15 Roadglide, 12 Duke 1199
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably just $50k for the .1 liter, $125k for the AMB! Lol

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forgetting the eye watering price that leather work really classes up the interior, and I know upholstery places that can recreate that for 2500 3000 bucks food for thought 🤔💭
Sponsored