@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This Base Bronco just sold for $220k at Barrett Jackson Auctions. It’s a 2.3L with a Soft-Top. The only customizations are a lift, wheels/tires, sidesteps, a bumper, and a custom leather interior. It’s even still running 3.73 gearing (stock suspension, non-sasquatch).

Ford Bronco Base Bronco sells for $220k! (Custom 2.3L Soft-Top) 😯 712EB9D8-E8D9-4746-9B28-9B83BF9FBFE4

Ford Bronco Base Bronco sells for $220k! (Custom 2.3L Soft-Top) 😯 754C78A2-5F10-4AD2-9590-98F15FE67B13

Ford Bronco Base Bronco sells for $220k! (Custom 2.3L Soft-Top) 😯 748D41AC-7F1B-4EEA-82B7-2CDA88D5B737

My Base Bronco came with Sasquatch, and has way more in modifications than this Bronco (including actual performance mods). Makes me wonder if I should send it off to Barrett Jackson, so I can buy a house. 🤔

This really is a testament to the value of these machines. They’re worth way more than MRSP in the current market. And that doesn’t look like it’s changing anytime soon. Even with increased production, they look to be holding their value. Even my insurance company estimated my Broncos value at $20k more than I paid for it.

Edit: For the confused people that have never been to one of these auctions, it wasn’t a scam. I love the conspiracies y’all are coming up with though! 🤣

I was at this auction in person - can confirm without any doubt - WAY too many people drinking WAY too much cheap beer to pay that for this Bronco - while a nice rig, all vehicles at that auction were so over priced - seller was lucky to be in the right place, at the right time :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im not sure exactly what the scam is at barrett-jackson. but Im 100% sure there is one.

money laundering? insurance fraud? its something...

and its not just this auction.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m just going to say it. That looks like ass.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im not sure exactly what the scam is at barrett-jackson. but Im 100% sure there is one.

Considering this wasn’t for charity, I’m not sure where the “scam” would be. Paying that much for a barely customized vehicle? Or the seller paying commission to the auction? I just don’t see where the scam is.

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m just as surprised/confused as you are, but I’m not complaining. This is good for all Bronco owners. It looks like these vehicles will hold their value for a long time. Ford did a great job with the design.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Considering this wasn’t for charity, I’m not sure where the “scam” would be. Paying that much for a barely customized vehicle? Or the seller paying commission to the auction? I just don’t see where the scam is.
buyer turns around and tries to sell it now with a "legitimate" 220k valuation?

like I said, not sure what the scam is, but you can go out and buy a bronco off the lot of hundreds of ford dealers with what might be 10 or 20k of ADM... leaving you still 150k cheaper than this auction. So theres no possible legitimate explanation for this price.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

buyer turns around and tries to sell it now with a "legitimate" 220k valuation?

like I said, not sure what the scam is, but you can go out and buy a bronco off the lot of hundreds of ford dealers with what might be 10 or 20k of ADM... leaving you still 150k cheaper than this auction. So theres no possible legitimate explanation for this price.
The thing is, people don’t want to wait. And they like the idea of having something “custom” that no one else has. Not saying this is the route I would go. But I’ve seen rich people spend money on dumber things.

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The thing is, people don’t want to wait. And they like the idea of having something “custom” that no one else has. Not saying this is the route I would go. But I’ve seen rich people spend money on dumber things.
I dont think such a person would want a base 2.3L... but anyway, they could still have a bronco dropped off at a custom shop and drive away with bigfoot... as for being unwilling to wait, then they would have bought one of the many 1st editions that have been listed for 100k over the past 9 months, and STILL dropped it off at a custom shop.

No, this makes zero sense.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

virtually impossible to find! 🤣. Touch of Modern is one thing, but why would as a base like this go at B-J unless it’s a charity thing I overlooked….

Ford Bronco Base Bronco sells for $220k! (Custom 2.3L Soft-Top) 😯 3CBB5A13-1B22-4D53-B6BE-8EB11C06CB0A

Ford Bronco Base Bronco sells for $220k! (Custom 2.3L Soft-Top) 😯 EE4CE6D0-F9EF-4CE6-898A-B65EEDB83F92

Ford Bronco Base Bronco sells for $220k! (Custom 2.3L Soft-Top) 😯 B6393EB1-452D-45F6-9D39-91046980CC05

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Whoever bought this is a fuckin idiot and someone's trophy wife is gonna be real upset when she discovers her new $220k car doesn't have half the tech her poor friends Corolla has.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You’re totally right. Let’s shut these auctions down. Can’t be legit😂

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's like a dozen or more unclaimed Broncos between 2 dealers within 10 miles of me, even with ADM they could spend 100K+ at a custom and get a WAY nicer ride than that.
Sponsored