MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's what I'm thinking as well. I see you are in Missouri, what area? Did you upgrade the stereo in yours?
I am in MO, I haven’t yet, still deciding what I want and what I want to do for the sub.
Sponsored

OP
OP

OBXSquatch21

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in MO, I haven’t yet, still deciding what I want and what I want to do for the sub.
Same, there is just so many different options and I only want to do it once and do it right. And the bad thing here in Kansas City is the shops I'm looking at don't all carry the same brands.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So why not buy your own pieces and just have them install it all? Seems the one shop keeps pushing the Rockford amp(?)… and both are aiming for a 12” sub (?)… or maybe these are your choices. 🤷‍♂️.

when I get around to doing mine, I’ll probably go with Infinity speakers, mostly because I think the Bronco doesn’t lend itself to the highest quality of sound reproduction… so, for me, it would be kinda wasteful to buy top $ speakers.
I will go the route of a DSP though, to tune things the best I can. As far as subs go, my preference has always been a 10” in a sealed box, for the punchiness plus the ability to get fairly low. I already have a kicker L7T 10” that I’ll most likely use. Just my most likely route, not saying anyone else is right or wrong.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I will be getting a 2 door with the base system. Rear seats will be coming out.

My first thoughts are - this sucks...
Ford Bronco Base Stereo Upgrade - Options 1662571403925

Next thought is that the front can be worked with, but without some kind of channel summing DSP there is no hope for the back channel. I'm in my 50's, have done this a few times (with varing degrees of sucess) and do not intend to go down the Forescan, JBL flash, computer driven DSP tuner rabbit hole. So...

Working backwards. There will be a JL 10 or 12 inch sub right behind the drivers seat. Therefore, either a single four way amp (front + briged for the subwoofer) or a two way amp in the front with a mono for the sub. Up front would be upper mid level replacements that fit (JL or Focal). If I do the two way amp I would most likely pick the Kicker Key for the base level DSP correction built in.

Now for my sticking point. Do I put high sensitivity (Infinity Ref) in the rear pods on the factory head unit for some fill. Or just chuck the rear pods entirely and only have a front soundstage. This is what I am leaning towards, but I have not heard of anyone else considering front only.

Given the noisy platform, it seems like a mid level punchy system would be fine without a rear soundstage.

What say you???

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Lurker B6G

I probably won’t amplify my pods, but leave them just for fill.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OBXSquatch21

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I finally made the decision and booked an install for Friday. Going with a pretty much all Hertz system. Hertz Mille Pro components up front, Hertz Mille centro 4in for the rear pods, Hertz Mille Pro 12in shallow sub in a downfiring box, Rockford Fosgate Power T1000X5ad 5 channel amp. $3,300 installed but should sound amazing. May change to a tailgate box down the road if I don't like giving up trunk space but this box is pretty small.

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great choice! I went back and forth reading most of the upgrade forums trying to make a decision. I wanted quality sound and tight bass for my Badlands. At the end I ended going to a shop that had the equipment available and they installed my system. I am a JL audio fan from my youthful days during the last century. My equipment breakdown:

AMP: JL Audio XD700/5v2; Running the front and sub seekers.

SUB: JL-Audio-CP208LG-W3v3 for 8in subs they kick hard.

FRONT DASH/REAR: Memphis Audio PRX4. They sound very good and provide great balance. Rear pods are powered by the radio and the rear fill is noticeable in a good way. No forscan done (maybe in the future).

KICK Panel: JL Audio C3-650. They provide enough mid bass. The tweeters were not used on the dash as the separation did not provide good sound, hence placing the Memphis on the dash. The mid bass is adequate, still playing with settings on the amp.

A PAC LPA-E.4 Loc Pro Advanced ties the system in.

PROS: Sound improved a lot. Clean and clear music. At highway speeds with the closed top, the volume level is at 5-7. Enough to drown the road noise. Have not been able to take the top down.
The Bass is very good and do not have any vibrations due to the rubberized floor. Is a down firing configuration.

CONS: Lost rear fading to the pods. But to me is not a big deal...for now.

For people replacing the system, Invest on a good clean amp. I did not used DSP, and my installer was honest and told me that unless I was looking for a competition system, DSP is not a necessity. If your music source is from Spotify (free) make sure that you audio quality is set to high, if you pay for a subscription, you should be getting very high. It makes a difference. Play with your radio settings and adjust from 0. It makes a difference on how the stock system sounds, try it. Quality and Great sound does not have to be expensive.

Sponsored