Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been waffling back and forth between Base and Black Diamond. Both with hard top, AT10, and 2.7 and as many of the same options as possible: rock rails, switches, bash plates/bumper
Ford Bronco Base v. Black Diamond Build 1609174279607

My Black Diamond build has these extras for only $7,000 more:
Auto 4x4
2 more GOAT Modes
Trailer package
MGV seats
Wash-out floors
Bigger tires/wheels (love the steelies on both models)
Locking rear Diff
Steel rear bumper
Mid package (some stuff we don't need, but adds some nice value/features)
Tinted Windows
Wrapped steering wheel

Seems like a no-brainer, right? Forget the Base. All-in for Black Diamond.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

definitely - the base exists just so they can say it starts below $30k (and for the true off roaders who just plan on beating this thing and modding it to high hell)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the MGV seats are VERY nice and the sole reason I upgraded from a Big Bend. Remember the Black Diamond also has steel rear bumper as well as rock rails which makes the BD look more finished as you don't see the stupid pinch welds or whatever they're called under the door.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Missing leather wrapped stuff and tint as well.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s the decision I’ve recently arrived at. Was base/2.7/SQ with rails, switches and mod bumper. Now moving to BD/2.7/SQ.

Reasoning is that I really don’t like the base colors and would like cyber yellow or A51, plus I want the MGV and rubberized flooring. All of the other little things like rear tint, leather wrapped steering wheel, extra goat modes and whatever else I’m forgetting are just extras. With the way I had the base spec’ed and the Stephens 1k under invoice discount it’s about $4,500 to move up to BD with SQ and 2.7 auto.

Started looking at the prices and realized that if I’m going to spend this much on a vehicle, I might as well get exactly what I want. 2door base is still a great value, but this will pull some daily duty and I want to get something I’ll like looking at every day.

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The lack of available tow package and strong desire for MGV definitely pushed me to BD. Mid-Package is also a must have for me, GF will not drive anything if it requires digging keys out of her black hole of a purse. We both have other cars and the Bronco is meant to be a shared bad weather, need room, etc. kind of extra car, BD is definitely the sweet spot.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been waffling back and forth between Base and Black Diamond. Both with hard top, AT10, and 2.7 and as many of the same options as possible: rock rails, switches, bash plates/bumper
Ford Bronco Base v. Black Diamond Build 1609174279607

My Black Diamond build has these extras for only $7,000 more:
Auto 4x4
2 more GOAT Modes
Trailer package
MGV seats
Wash-out floors
Bigger tires/wheels (love the steelies on both models)
Locking rear Diff
Steel rear bumper
Mid package (some stuff we don't need, but adds some nice value/features)

Seems like a no-brainer, right? Forget the Base. All-in for Black Diamond.
Been considering Base/2.7L/Sasquatch/HT/Aux switches. Cheaper than your BD build. I'm not into doo-dad's.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The lack of available tow package and strong desire for MGV definitely pushed me to BD. Mid-Package is also a must have for me, GF will not drive anything if it requires digging keys out of her black hole of a purse. We both have other cars and the Bronco is meant to be a shared bad weather, need room, etc. kind of extra car, BD is definitely the sweet spot.
Same here. This is the shared, fun, extra vehicle. BD is our upper limit but luckily, I like it the best. Love the steelies, and although I like both-slight preference to non sig lights here, best interior IMO, and capable enough for my degree of off roading.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like both-slight preference to non sig lights here
I'd actually take the signature lights and 12" screen if they were offered, but not interested in either enough to move from BD. The smaller screen with Nav is fine (GF is realtor and uses constantly).

I haven't moved from BD as my choice once B&P came up, major news though Cactus is now my color of choice after seeing it yesterday. BD, steelies, MIC w/ sound deadening, no roof rails (not tall enough to reach), remote start, mid, 2.7L, tow. Under $45K, will never be stuck at home due to bad weather, and nice enough that nobody will b!tch about having to drive it. Added bonus I can hose it out if one of the nephews pukes in the back seat.

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am kind of fighting the same battle. I like the BD interior but wonder if it is worth the extra$. I am going to the dealer with several builds to see what they can do. Sometimes there may be a little more wiggle room with the higher trim levels but maybe not.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been considering Base/2.7L/Sasquatch/HT/Aux switches. Cheaper than your BD build. I'm not into doo-dad's.
One of my builds also. The other Base is base .... add switches and a few other small things...manual trans. Keep that lower geared 4cyl/manual (4.46) and up the tire size right off the bat to 33's ...it's looking like they should fit . CHEEEP!!!

Squatch ends up with a better driveline through out also .... primarily the M210 front diff with the iron case.... if that's a concern.

Depends on your useage....
Sponsored