Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also BD/2.7/Mid/SAS vs BL/2.7/High
I would do BD/2.7/Sas/High if possible. The main thing for me on High are the cameras. Useful both in the forest and in parking lots.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In reading the order guide, it looks like the BL adds LED tail lamps, LED "Signature" headlights, special BL suspension with front stabilizer disconnect. BL shows standard 10 speed with 2.7 which you can get on BD and it looks like trans on BL has trail control, trail turn assist, and one-pedal driving.
BL standard engine/tranny is the 2.3 &MT, upgradable to the 2.7 & AT. Trail turn assist requires the AT and one-pedal requires both the 2.7 and AT.

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL standard engine/tranny is the 2.3 &MT, upgradable to the 2.7 & AT. Trail turn assist requires the AT and one-pedal requires both the 2.7 and AT.
Yeah, as you note, the 2.7 and auto trans aren't standard on the BL, unfortunately. If they were, that would have made my decision for me.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up going with a BD purely for budget and admitting I'm an off-road noob. Has the MGV, mid-package and plenty of performance for just starting out.

One question I have is thinking back on all performance videos, I can't recall a single one with a non-SAS model. Obviously Ford wants to promote the upgrades but does anyone know of any non-SAS off-road videos out there?
All of the KOH videos I watched were stock Badlands, no Sasquatch.

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t require either the high package (I do) or the sway bar with front locker (I don’t) then it comes down to this:

Badlands without SAS versus Black Diamond with SAS.
EXACTLY!!!!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think about all of these wonderful capabilities Ford is offering, then I think that this is a brand new car purchase. I haven't done that since my wife worked for FMCC so many years ago. Am I really going to be taking a brand new vehicle through harsh conditions very often, if at all, the first year? So maybe I should consider the creature comforts. OBX? No thanks, I don't like the grill and I really want the MGV and washout flooring. If I can't get the HIGH package in a BD, what do I have to do to afford the right Badlands? I have to go with the manual transmission. That saves me over 3k, which I can spend on LUX.
With Granger, I could get a 2 door Badlands with LUX, roof rails, tow, with the 7 speed for 46k. That's about the same price as a BD w/ Sasq. Badlands would most likely get me slightly better gas mileage, I get the narrower fender flares (which I prefer), and much more style and comfort but keeps most of the rugged capability. I'm not sure how much I would use trail turn assist or one pedal driving. Please feel free to add to this comparison; your pros and cons as well as opinions.
Sponsored