mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forum and I’m so excited about the upcoming Bronco. I’m looking to get a 2 door however I’m debating whether to go with a Base vs. a Big Bend. I really don’t want to spend $40K+ for something I take occasionally off-road and pull a small camper. Of course Ford is business smart and makes you step up to the Big Bend to have the ability to add a trailer hitch and limited slip. It’s nearly $5K more over a Base model just to unlock these and other options! Is that really worth it? What other standard features does a Big Bend give you over a Base?
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Big bend mostly just unlocks more options. Do you want those options?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It’s worth what it brings to you. You get 17 inch wheels and tires, tint, one more goat for the pasture, leather wheel and shifter along with built in fogs and of course that much needed passenger grab handle. Other than that it’s a Base that gives you more color and option availability. If you like it, get it. No one should complain or cast stones.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big bend mostly just unlocks more options. Do you want those options?
At first glance, trailer hitch would be essential however an aftermarket hitch can always be added after. The cost to add a differential doesn’t seem to be worth it to me.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It really depends what you value. If the Big Bend let you add the mid package to the manual, I would have thought about it. I value the manual over any option or feature. Because of that, I’m getting a Base.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Base model is also artificially discounted so you cannot add the cost of the upgrades and arrive at the Big Bend's price.
It’s almost $5000 in price difference. There’s a lot you can do with $5000 that makes a Base what you want it to be. I’m still waiting to see about what it will cost to add a rear locker. That’s the big unknown cost because there may be other costs associated with it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s almost $5000 in price difference. There’s a lot you can do with $5000 that makes a Base what you want it to be. I’m still waiting to see about what it will cost to add a rear locker. That’s the big unknown cost because there may be other costs associated with it.
Exactly. I really question whether it’s worth $5K just to have the option to add more options.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At first glance, trailer hitch would be essential however an aftermarket hitch can always be added after. The cost to add a differential doesn’t seem to be worth it to me.
Assuming that the bolt holes in the frame exist on the Base. I would guess that they would exist but Ford does have a track record of different frames for basically the same car.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm advocating for the Base model since Ford is artificially discounting it this year to get that "under $30K" tagline.

You can find the cost of adding a rear locker all over the internet and even do it yourself if you're mechanically inclined. It's not that unknown.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has been my question. What I can gather, tangible benefits are the 17" wheels/tires and you have more paint selections...that is about it.

I am planning to go base 2dr, then I will upgrade wheels and tires when my first set of tires need replaced. Maybe get the steel 16" wheels painted prior to this. Then, replace and upgrade parts as they become available, which will be a better use of the $5k delta between base and Big Bend, ImO.
Sponsored