Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know the feeling. I am placing my order with dealer Wednesday on a (I think) Big Bend, 2 door, 2.3 7 speed in either Rapid Red or Race Red. I wan't a locker, that's the main thing making me go BB over base. Do I "need" a locker??? Probably not. I honestly think the base is a better value, and that makes me have conflicting thoughts on just doing a base Rapid Red, swapping wheels and tires day 1 ($1,500) and having tint installed for $200. I would not have to put any of my planned $5k down, still have $3,500 left after wheels and tires and then build as I go. But, I'll probably do BB. I'd rather regret spending more than I think the package is worth, than not getting a few things like the locker and being miserable....ughhh!!!
For the $5,000 extra or whatever it is for Big Bend you can get a Base and Sasquatch it. Base + Sasquatch package pretty much gives you one of the most Off-roading capable rigs in the industry for around $40k. Oh and let's not forget it also gives you the coolest fender badge in the industry. 😉

Screenshot_20210313-195953_Samsung Internet.jpg
I finally chose a BaseSquatch V6. It's pretty much the same price as a Big Bend 2.3 auto with the locker and mid-package. I'd rather have the extra capability of the V6, front locker, and the ground clearance. I can add tint and heated seats (and possibly the mud/ruts goat mode with forscan) later. The fender badge is a nice bonus but I wish it was clear or opaque so the body color would show thru as the background coloring.
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally chose a BaseSquatch V6. It's pretty much the same price as a Big Bend 2.3 auto with the locker and mid-package. I'd rather have the extra capability of the V6, front locker, and the ground clearance. I can add tint and heated seats (and possibly the mud/ruts goat mode with forscan) later. The fender badge is a nice bonus but I wish it was clear or opaque so the body color would show thru as the background coloring.
That very thing has crossed my mind. The 2.7 is an awesome engine. I have owned one in an F-150 and the 2.3 in the Ranger. While the 2.3 is no slouch, the 2.7 is in another league comparatively. I wish there was a 33" option in the lower trims. IMO the Badlands with 33's looks perfect for the 2 door and the 35's look perfect for the 4 door. My Bronco will be a daily driver so the Squatch is not very practical for me ( I imagine it will take a pretty big mpg hit also?) which kind of eliminates the base ( I think ) since I can not get a locker in it without the Squatch 😩. A base 2.3/7 speed with a locker for around $31k and it wouldn't be a decision for me. As of now I am looking BB with the manual. If I decide on mid, I would bump up to the 2.7 since an auto is forced in there. At that point I might as well go Badlands.....UGH!! I have about 36 hours to decide, then I head in for my order.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That very thing has crossed my mind. The 2.7 is an awesome engine. I have owned one in an F-150 and the 2.3 in the Ranger. While the 2.3 is no slouch, the 2.7 is in another league comparatively. I wish there was a 33" option in the lower trims. IMO the Badlands with 33's looks perfect for the 2 door and the 35's look perfect for the 4 door. My Bronco will be a daily driver so the Squatch is not very practical for me ( I imagine it will take a pretty big mpg hit also?) which kind of eliminates the base ( I think ) since I can not get a locker in it without the Squatch 😩. A base 2.3/7 speed with a locker for around $31k and it wouldn't be a decision for me. As of now I am looking BB with the manual. If I decide on mid, I would bump up to the 2.7 since an auto is forced in there. At that point I might as well go Badlands.....UGH!! I have about 36 hours to decide, then I head in for my order.
Basequatch is the ticket in my opinion. I wouldn't worry about MPG if you're comparing 33s to 35s. Maybe a 1 or 2 mpg hit at the most. Especially if you stay with a mild tread pattern like the stock Good Years. You get so much more capability with the Sasquatch package its worth it.
Sponsored