Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does Sasquatch add a front steel bash plate?
No, the steel bash plates come with the heavy duty modular bumper. I just got my base 2 door Sasquatch yesterday with the mod bumper, brush guard and hoop steps and it had the steel plates. The build date was 1/23/23 so I guess they got things back to normal.
Sponsored

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mentioned earlier in the thread, but there is no way this is just some random screw-up. The plastic bumper's plastic skid plate doesn't fit the modular bumper. So there is a completely different part that has found it's way to the assembly line for fitment on lower trims that option the modular bumper. Random parts just don't show up on the assembly line. This is deliberate and likely a cost cutting move by Ford. The language of the window sticker doesn't reflect the change so buyer's have a legitimate grievance.
just got a call from my dealer, who submitted a misbuild claim for this issue last month. Apparently Ford is now saying that this wasn’t a misbuild, rather the window stickers, B&P, etc for MY2023 were incorrect. As a result, this is now being handled by the “Customer Resolution Center.” Dealer wasn’t sure how this would be handled, but he assumes it will be some sort of refund/rebate that could be used toward the purchase of a steel plate through Ford Accessories. No idea the amount of the rebate.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody else receiving similar info from their dealers? 👆

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just got a call from my dealer, who submitted a misbuild claim for this issue last month. Apparently Ford is now saying that this wasn’t a misbuild, rather the window stickers, B&P, etc for MY2023 were incorrect. As a result, this is now being handled by the “Customer Resolution Center.” Dealer wasn’t sure how this would be handled, but he assumes it will be some sort of refund/rebate that could be used toward the purchase of a steel plate through Ford Accessories. No idea the amount of the rebate.
That stinks. Here is what Ford said about the issue a month or so back.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5aQGtVE3kCrDGZYu8TOn5DKn50xkLcF7

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not surprised. The "mistake" was no mistake. As I said then, random parts just don't show up on the assembly line. Seems as if Ford moves the goalposts as they see fit. They have a proven track record just as it pertains to the Bronco. They thought they could sneak this by. Now, they want to cast blame on the window sticker, B&P, Dealer Order Guide, etc.

Good luck on finding resolution to the matter.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any 4 doors gotten their plastic bash plate replaced yet? If so, did they replace just the front or did they replace the entire set? Dealer filed my misbuild back in January. Still waiting for the steel replacement to come in due to being on backorder. Would be cool to get the whole set for the inconvenience.

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anybody else receiving similar info from their dealers? 👆
Just picked up my OBX with Mod Bumper and plastic bash plates. They whipped out some memo from Ford that Big Bend and OBX get plastic bash plates now. They are submitting it to Ford. We'll see.

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like my OBXsquatch will not be getting the steel bash plates, bummer.

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed OBX no steel bash.JPG

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just picked up my OBX with Mod Bumper and plastic bash plates. They whipped out some memo from Ford that Big Bend and OBX get plastic bash plates now. They are submitting it to Ford. We'll see.
Yep. I jumped on the build and price the other day for S&G and clicked the mod bumper and noticed it now says BB and OBX don't get steel bash plates

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only the plate under the mod bumper is steel on the obx. I had to order the hash plates separately from ford got $640 bucks and have them installed.
"Hash" plates are the best! lol

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much is just the steel bash plate if I wanted to add it or do I need to get a package of plates?

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Update: Ford approved the misbuild and steel plates were installed today.

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan