Badlands
The way I think about it is BL gives you everything on the BD plus:

LED Lighting
Nicer Grille
Badlands Suspension
Auto 4 x 4
Front and Rear Lockers
Stabilizer Bar Disconnect

If you don’t need 35” immediately, run the 33” all terrains. If you’re like me, get the standard BL wheels and tires, sell those, and upgrade to 35” right away if you want.

Also, you get the option to get the high or Lux package. I’m not convinced it’s worth it to upgrade to high or Lux, but to each their own.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input. Seriously. It's good to have somebody confirm your logic.

Getting this ironed out and feeling comfortable with it has my excitement RAMPING up!!!!
It's going to be a long 9 to 12 months!!!!
I have a bad case of OCD along with being a numbers guy so I analyze everything. Some things make sense to spend the extra money on but if you're only concern is the seat warmers at a $10K price tag then it's a hard pass for me.

Mine will be a MY22 but that's ok because I have my Ranger for now. Plus it will give me about 22-24 months to obsess over which model to get. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LED Lighting
Nicer Grille
Badlands Suspension
Auto 4 x 4
Front and Rear Lockers

If you don’t need 35” immediately, run the 33” all terrains. If you’re like me, get the standard BL wheels and tires, sell those, and upgrade to 35” right away if you want.

Also, you get the option to get the high or Lux package. I’m not convinced it’s worth it to upgrade to high or Lux, but to each their own.
I think BL non-squatch is the way to go for me. Appreciate the therapy session everyone! Haha

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent the better half of the morning building just about all of them. I keep going back to my original the BL, it checks all the boxes and then some. I don't want a MT so by adding the 2.7L you get the 10 speed tranny for $300.00. Plus I have all the tech and sensors on my Lariat Ranger and want them on the Bronco too.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|333A.E5C..SB..881.RET.99P.44T.]

Second would be the BD but I don't like that you can't get the High package. But by adding the Mid package you get the 10 speed for $0 so this is still high on my list too. I going to get a MY22 so I'll still have time to drive myself crazy deciding. ?

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|322A.E5A..SB...RET.M2DZ-78102D30-AA.ESO.99H.64H.]
Holy crap you’re right! I didn’t even realize that! You get the 2.7 for $300?? That can’t be right? How can they charge $1,600 for a transmission or $1,895 for an entirely different engine AND the transmission? If that’s correct my mind is blown.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy crap you’re right! I didn’t even realize that! You get the 2.7 for $300?? That can’t be right? How can they charge $1,600 for a transmission or $1,895 for an entirely different engine AND the transmission? If that’s correct my mind is blown.
IDK if it's another screw up with the B&P site but when I added it that's what it came to. When I was building the BB and added the Mid package it gave you the 10 speed for $0. Hopefully this doesn't change but I'm not holding my breath on it. ?

If it is I'll go back to the 2.3L and just tune it like my Ranger for $500.00.

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have settled into an Area 51 BL with lux package, the 2.7, and a few other options.

I wanted the lux package, so BD was not an option. Even if I just wanted mid, I'd prefer the BL setup.

As for the orange accents, they'll look better than most people seem to think. I have an exterior color on my little Subie that is close to A51. The interior is black with orange stitching. It looks good.

So my build will look a bit like a more bulked up version of the Subie. LOL

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IDK if it's another screw up with the B&P site but when I added it that's what it came to. When I was building the BB and added the Mid package it gave you the 10 speed for $0. Hopefully this doesn't change but I'm not holding my breath on it. ?

If it is I'll go back to the 2.3L and just tune it like my Ranger for $500.00.
I was messing with the BD and saw the same thing. It has to be a mistake, that’s too good to be true.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive settled in on Badlands/2.3/Stick/Mid/ Beadlocks/BFGs/tow pkg/brush guard.

I would have done a BD but this will be
My first and last new vehicle purchase.

The only thing missing is 35s and Im not convinced I want them.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

LED Lighting
Nicer Grille
Badlands Suspension
Auto 4 x 4
Front and Rear Lockers

To further complicate things if add squach and auto 4x4 to BD you end up $3k less then BL and only difference is led lighting, different grillls and disco bar. And access to higher packages. Remove the squach from BL and it’s a $700 difference.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was messing with the BD and saw the same thing. It has to be a mistake, that’s too good to be true.
I use to buy F 150's for business every 3 years and I remember there were some packages where once you added them it would give you other options free. Now I can't see the 10 speed as one of them but here's to hoping it is.

If you look at the Mid package on the BB it gives you remote start. It looks like that's why it adds the 10 speed auto to it because you can't have remote start with a MT. But I still can't see them throwing in a free $1,600 tranny with a $1,500 package?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use to but F 150's for business every 3 years and I remember there were some packages where once you added them it would give you other options free. Now I can't see the 10 speed as one of them but here's to hoping it is.

If you look at the Mid package on the BB it gives you remote start. It looks like that's why it adds the 10 speed auto to it because you can't have remote start with a MT. But I still can't see them throwing in a free $1,600 tranny with a $1,500 package?
yep, seems odd. They better fix this because they’re only going to piss people off more if it’s wrong. It’s weird because I know that the 2.7 is required for the 10 speed so it makes sense it’s “included.” So it’s essentially a package deal. But it’s odd that the transmission is only $300 less than the engine. I’m betting $1,895 is the cost for like the OB that has auto standard, I’d expect it to be more like 3K.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands, but I'm biased. You can always add 35's later.
That's what I try to convince myself, but then you realize that it will cost .ore than $2500 to do later and may void your warranty.

So, that's a no-go for me. 35s only from the factory.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To further complicate things if add squach and auto 4x4 to BD you end up $3k less then BL and only difference is led lighting, different grillls and disco bar. And access to higher packages. Remove the squach from BL and it’s a $700 difference.
For anything less than a Badlands, you MUST add Squatch to make the trucks even close to being comparable.
They have not done a good job at listing out exactly what all the Squatch entails and people forget about the Advanced transfer case and more importantly, the heavier duty M210 front axle and completely different suspension.
Everybody gets so wrapped up in the damm 35's they forget about all the very expensive driveline gear they are getting also, the stuff that truly makes it a BADASS off-road.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's what I try to convince myself, but then you realize that it will cost .ore than $2500 to do later and may void your warranty.

So, that's a no-go for me. 35s only from the factory.
There's a lot wrong with this...

-Tires are a wear component. You're going to replace them eventually.
-The bead-lock capable wheels are just that, capable. You still have to buy separate bead lock rings from Ford for them to actually be bead-lock wheels. You're going to have to shell out another $400 plus install just to have a true bead lock wheel.
-Aftermarket modifications do not void warranties. I wish that this shit would stay off forums. It's one of the biggest myths in car culture, right up there with fuel pumps needing to be submerged in the tank to stay cool.
-You can buy a set of true bead lock wheels and 35's for less than $2500 if you truly want a set to thrash around. That way you can have a trail set and a street set for *less*money and not get bummed out if you scratch a wheel. If you're just doing it for the aesthetics, there's nothing wrong with running 35's on 17x8 wheels for street duty.
Sponsored