BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not necessarily beadlock wheels that are illegal in many states, it is usually multi-piece construction wheel that are illegal. Beadlock wheels just happen to fall into that category.

Somebody, somewhere along the way must have decided that multi-piece must also mean multi-points of failure. Not sure I agree but also not sure I trust the general public to properly check and maintain torque spec on all those bolts.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're on my list as well, but all those O-rings have me nervous.

The nice thing about the Method Bead Grip, is that they grip on the front and the rear of the wheel.
If o-rings have you nervous...

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Snip.......

Personally am considering the Hutchinson Inc Rock Monster Wheels, however when I reached out to them last month they stated late summer 2022 availability for the Bronco.

The Toyota Hutchinsons will fit the Bronco. The backspacing is a little different, but would work.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If o-rings have you nervous...
The introduction of 80 new potential leak points with easy access to the hardware by idiots, deserves to be considered when there's an option that does not. Don't be surprised if we find out that the o-rings are recommended to be replaced any time the bolts are removed. Galvanic corrosion should also be considered if the hardware and wheel are dissimilar materials.

I will also be considering a weight comparison. Icon beefed up the material on the spokes, on top of the added weight of the hardware, so they may be heavier than the Method Bead Grips.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
The introduction of 80 new potential leak points with easy access to the hardware by idiots, deserves to be considered when there's an option that does not. Don't be surprised if we find out that the o-rings are recommended to be replaced any time the bolts are removed. Galvanic corrosion should also be considered if the hardware and wheel are dissimilar materials.

I will also be considering a weight comparison. Icon beefed up the material on the spokes, on top of the added weight of the hardware, so they may be heavier than the Method Bead Grips.
1. Our standard Rebound (non-pro, non InnerLock) weigh 27 lbs. Same size Rebound Pro weighs 28 lbs.

2. Every aluminum beadlock wheel has dissimilar metals touching, whether it's the threaded inserts or the bolts themselves. I've yet to see a beadlock with aluminum bolts (or aluminum lug nuts, for that matter).

3. You should never have to remove the InnerLock pins unless you are dismounting the tire. They do not see constant stressing, loading and unloading, the way a normal beadlock bolt does. And the o-rings, along with the design of the machined bosses they seat into, are directly lifted from hydraulic applications, which see several orders of magnitude higher psi, higher heat cycles, etc., than they will ever see in this application. By the way, what is the tire itself, if not one giant o-ring with vastly more sealing surface area than the InnerLock o-rings?

4. Not too many idiots walking around with a 12-point 7/16" socket in their pocket but if they really want to let the air out a knife is quicker.

Any other questions? :)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Our standard Rebound (non-pro, non InnerLock) weigh 27 lbs. Same size Rebound Pro weighs 28 lbs.

2. Every aluminum beadlock wheel has dissimilar metals touching, whether it's the threaded inserts or the bolts themselves. I've yet to see a beadlock with aluminum bolts (or aluminum lug nuts, for that matter).

3. You should never have to remove the InnerLock pins unless you are dismounting the tire. They do not see constant stressing, loading and unloading, the way a normal beadlock bolt does. And the o-rings, along with the design of the machined bosses they seat into, are directly lifted from hydraulic applications, which see several orders of magnitude higher psi, higher heat cycles, etc., than they will ever see in this application. By the way, what is the tire itself, if not one giant o-ring with vastly more sealing surface area than the InnerLock o-rings?

4. Not too many idiots walking around with a 12-point 7/16" socket in their pocket but if they really want to let the air out a knife is quicker.

Any other questions? :)
1. Thank you - Your wheels are 2-3 pounds heavier, each.

2. Normal bead lock hardware does not breach the inside of the tire cavity, nor do they have o-rings. On your design - as the corrosion "grows" over time, it can damage any threaded and o-ring type of seal. Hydraulics leak all the time, I would not uses that as a good selling point. 80 new rubber seals are certainly something people should take into consideration, regardless of how great you think your design is.

3. Air pressure whether high or low, is helping keep the giant o-ring (tire) sealed. Air pressure is not keeping the smaller o-rings sealed.

4. So you're saying there's a chance

Any other answers? ;)

Keep in mind, this is an informative thread not biased toward any one vendor - I'm not bashing your product - It's a fine option, but likely not my option.

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep in mind, this is an informative thread not biased toward any one vendor - I'm not bashing your product - It's a fine option, but likely not my option.
Wasn't taken as bashing, this is a good discussion! We simply don't share your concerns, at least not to the level of concern that you have. But to raise them is valid.
Sponsored