First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncorik. What are these “hammer built brackets” you speak of? Link please?
I just called Tyson and he is going to activate the link... His kit will include the theft resistant hardware so no one will jack your precious lights after you install them. As soon as he pings me with the link I'll post it here. You could certainly mount a light directly to one of the bolts on your OEM panel, but they are on the smaller diameter side and using the bracket you'll get the combined strength of both of those bolts and a single quarter inch 20 from the bracket.
Ford Bronco Beam pattern for ditch lights? 20230418_193217
Ford Bronco Beam pattern for ditch lights? 20230418_193211
Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the one good thing is we can replace the lenses for different beam patterns, but I'd rather just pick the right one from the git!
I've got the combos, pro brightness level.
They're great for lighting up the ditches out to about the reach of the high beams.
It's sad when you turn them off!!!
I also installed the Elite fogs in my sorta-capable bumper; they're GGGGGGREAT!!!
I will get more use out of the fogs, since the SS3s on the cowling will get you arrested on-road.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the Diode Dynamics SAE driving sport in amber on my pillars. The pillar lights are my least used so I saved the cash vs Pro, in the confined driving pattern the sport are plenty bright. I wanted a narrow pattern to keep the spill off the hood. I only run them offroad or on the beach in fog, like a fog high beam. In the bumper I have SS3 SAE fog pro in amber, and two pairs of SS2 pro white in SAE driving and SAE fog. I had SS2 in flood but it’s not very useful for most of my driving.

The SS3 Max are intriguing to me. Reportedly the beam pattern is more confined than the pro.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I run the Diode Dynamics SAE driving sport in amber on my pillars. The pillar lights are my least used so I saved the cash vs Pro, in the confined driving pattern the sport are plenty bright. I wanted a narrow pattern to keep the spill off the hood. I only run them offroad or on the beach in fog, like a fog high beam. In the bumper I have SS3 SAE fog pro in amber, and two pairs of SS2 pro white in SAE driving and SAE fog. I had SS2 in flood but it’s not very useful for most of my driving.

The SS3 Max are intriguing to me. Reportedly the beam pattern is more confined than the pro.
Yea I thoght about the Max as well but its a pretty big jump in price from the Pros.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I thoght about the Max as well but its a pretty big jump in price from the Pros.
Here in SoCal during foggy drives/times of the year near the coast the SS3s in max for fogs are appreciated...but they are $$$. I think the key is placement...roof lighting may look super cool, but for functionality bumper lighting is where I chose to invest.

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not diode dynamics but I spoke with the folks at Baja Designs and was encouraged to go driving combo in the a pillars with a spot bar in the front and wide cornering in the fogs.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Don't have my Braptor yet (6 more weeks 🤞) but Ihave a set of KC Hilites Flex Era 4's Combo beam ready to go for my ditch/A-Pillar lights on a set of rotating Bad Ass Mounts. Also using the KC anti theft nuts - but I have many other deterrents that move at several hundred feet per second as well.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't have my Braptor yet (6 more weeks 🤞) but Ihave a set of KC Hilites Flex Era 4's Combo beam ready to go for my ditch/A-Pillar lights on a set of rotating Bad Ass Mounts. Also using the KC anti theft nuts - but I have many other deterrents that move at several hundred feet per second as well.
Can you post a pic of the mounts?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let us know how that works out for you in NY 🤣

Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did rigid d-series pro floods on my a-pillars, angled out to the side about 15 degrees. Mainly because I'm generally looking closer towards the sides of the trail, at tree line, or the drop off, etc. and I want a more 'full' light but don't need to see a half mile in that direction. Also I can adjust the angle on the a pillar lights on the fly. As opposed to perhaps bumper mounted lights.

While I don't have it yet, my roof light bar will be bright enough for everything in front of me, I definitely wont need more forward facing "beams."

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this will be my next addition to the Bronco. I want true ditch lights and therefore thought the right way to go would be a flood pattern. But I'm seeing a lot of people picking the combo pattern for their ditch lights. I know which pattern of light the combo throws, I have them in my bumper. But why are yall putting them on the A-pillars?
Depends on where you are aiming them. "Ditch Lights" or "A-Pillar Lights" have 2 areas people aim them.

1) Off to the side. To light up the "ditch". In that case you want a flood style pattern.
2) Forward facing. So that they go down range a bit. In this case you want a spot pattern. A combo pattern can work also if you have a darker vehicle. I say this because you will have some light scatter.

Now light scatter on the hood with Broncos is not as common as on a pickup truck with a longer hood. But if they are facing forward SPOT is the best. COMBOS is a 2nd favorite although with Diode Dynamics, they put a DRIVING and a FLOOD in their COMBO lights. Baja Designs does a SPOT and a WIDE pattern in their combo lights.

The most popular pattern we sell for ditch/a-pillar lights is COMBO though

We stock kits from Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics when you are ready:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/other-lights-accessories/

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this will be my next addition to the Bronco. I want true ditch lights and therefore thought the right way to go would be a flood pattern. But I'm seeing a lot of people picking the combo pattern for their ditch lights. I know which pattern of light the combo throws, I have them in my bumper. But why are yall putting them on the A-pillars?
I have 2 sets of Baja Design lights on my build….A-Pilar Squadron Sport and the BD Fog Light Kit which has SAE Squardron & S2 lights Spot and combo driver wide cornering. I called BD and basically confirmed its personal preference…Since I already have the Fog Light Kit with the Squadron S2 combo driving lights, I chose to install the Spot lens on the A-Pillar lights so I get more down the road spot lighting power. The BD products are best in the biz!

DF8897D6-4894-4865-8A04-36A2EBF613C8.jpeg
Sponsored