Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had my 2013 Jeep the wind noise was a huge issue with light bars mounted to the windshield...

I am guessing that is still an issue with these light bars?
I have my Bronco with a KC Pro 6 and a ZR2 with a BD Linkable and no whistle noise from either. The KC you do hear some wind noise like if a window is slightly open but no big deal and its not louder than my music.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If light bar is installed on the roof does that mean a drive thru car wash is no longer an option?
If it's manned by a human at the controls it shouldn't be a problem. The place I use configured their system to keep the top brush retracted when I go thru.

YinzerSteve

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 40in rough country spectrum series lightbar I’m waiting to install. Got my built email yesterday. The dealership wants to charge me $600 to wire it to my aux switches…. I can install it just not wire it. Hoping for no wind noise but until I find a cheaper quote I can’t report on the wind noise

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

bryan@blumak3d

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
blumak3d.com
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra, Z4M, K1600GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been searching and don't see a thread (though I very well could have missed it) for the best above windshield light bar. I've always loved the look of the old KC lights and that was my immediate want, but I'd love to hear other's opinions on whether they love or hate theirs, KC or otherwise :giggle: (pictures always help!! ;)) An added bonus would be if any can have their lights aimed to give additional visibility to the sides of the road....especially for when we have to go look for someone who left their car accident at night :rolleyes: (of course we do foot searches too) PSA if you leave your accident - naughty naughty - PLEASE leave some kind of note so first responders don't wonder if you got thrown or wandered off half dead and have to search everywhere for you!!!! I know, I know, add ditch lights, but I'm trying to keep costs down and do some at a time. Thanks ahead of time for your responses! And extra credit pictures ;)
The Rigid D-SS Pods may be a better choice if you want a lot of light off to the sides. Here is how we mount them. Excellent "side shooter" design. Also cuts down the weight, cost, and wind noise of a bar.

Post here- #1

You Tube product video here- BluMak3D Light Pod Brackets for Rigid D-SS

Sponsored

bryan@blumak3d

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
blumak3d.com
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra, Z4M, K1600GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 40in rough country spectrum series lightbar I’m waiting to install. Got my built email yesterday. The dealership wants to charge me $600 to wire it to my aux switches…. I can install it just not wire it. Hoping for no wind noise but until I find a cheaper quote I can’t report on the wind noise
Thats ridiculous. It's minimal work to connect to the pre-existing wiring. Must be charging $600 an hour.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been happy with my Ridig 40". Had an LED would randomly be intermittent. They swapped it out, no problem.
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? 20230812_161730
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? 20221221_002254

YinzerSteve

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats ridiculous. It's minimal work to connect to the pre-existing wiring. Must be charging $600 an hour.
For real. My sales guy was amazing so I’ll look at other places. I just drove it off the lot last night. Boy is it fun

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very much what I would like to do. I assume that light bar is this?

https://www.rigidlightshop.com/Ford...9THvcr0DJIjSCfYtPv8ci3QIAUgDc-7caAmKuEALw_wcB

What roof rack is that and can you get the front and middle roof panels off with the rack on?
Yes it is that light bar. That is the correct one for mounting to the OEM rack. There is another order # for the same light bar to mount without a rack. The rack I have is the OEM factory rack. I have a 2 door and yes, with the rack on I can remove both front pieces of the MIC top. To remove the rear and go totally topless, you need to remove the rack.
This light bar is of excellent quality. Yes, expensive but reviews show the cheaper ones not lighting well and crapping out.

Sponsored

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We can look into getting some made for the other models as well. I did notice that you still had the previous gen Squadron SAE and wanted to let you know that we are doing free upgrades for the new internals if you are interested. Baja Designs Squadron® SAE Upgrade Program

Best,
For sure interested on the upgrade, how do I get that done?

Also would love the freedom guard for my lp4 can you dm me? Or I can email you?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which light bar is that above the bumper? Very nice ride.
Thank you

Nilight - 40004C-A LED Light Bar 21inch 100W Spot & Flood Combo Single Row 9000LM Off Road 3D LED Fog & Driving Light Roof Bumper Light Bars for Jeep Ford Trucks Boat , 2 Years Warranty https://a.co/d/cWcy1a4

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay I will play... Factory roof rack with KC light bar....;)

PXL_20230903_145220855.jpg
This was on a used Bronco I bought, and I would like to sell it. Would you mind telling me what it may be worth?

Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? IMG_2828

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs