First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been searching and don't see a thread (though I very well could have missed it) for the best above windshield light bar. I've always loved the look of the old KC lights and that was my immediate want, but I'd love to hear other's opinions on whether they love or hate theirs, KC or otherwise :giggle: (pictures always help!! ;)) An added bonus would be if any can have their lights aimed to give additional visibility to the sides of the road....especially for when we have to go look for someone who left their car accident at night :rolleyes: (of course we do foot searches too) PSA if you leave your accident - naughty naughty - PLEASE leave some kind of note so first responders don't wonder if you got thrown or wandered off half dead and have to search everywhere for you!!!! I know, I know, add ditch lights, but I'm trying to keep costs down and do some at a time. Thanks ahead of time for your responses! And extra credit pictures ;)
Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The baja designs multi pod setup is amazing. I have 3 different set of Baja Designs on my bronco and in the pitch black middle of nowhere Texas I can see like it's daytime.

I don't have experience with it firsthand, but I'm really happy with baja designs and I'd recommend them.

I have a 20 inch s8 in my bumper in a spot configuration and it's so bright I can see the future.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heretic Studio makes my favorite lightbars. Downside is they are the new LED strips rather than the old-school look.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The KC Pro6 is definitely a good option. BajaDesign also makes a good looking light. Was driving tx back country roads. The headlamps alone couldn't cut through the dark but the KC light bar made driving an ease.

20230625_213638.jpg

20230625_221740.jpg

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I use a Rigid 40 inch light bar. I have posted photos of the forest without and with the light on. Have to use a wind deflector on the back side of the bar to stop the whistling noise got my at ZROADZ.
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? thumbnail (5)
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? thumbnail (6)
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? thumbnail (3)
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? thumbnail 1

Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have Diode Dynamics SS5 Pro on ours. They are extremely bright. With the link mount system you can make your bar straight or a little curve. You can also easily swap the optics (lenses) to mix and match. I would have been extremely happy with the SS5 sports too and saved some money.

The backlights also have multiple colors you can change them to for whatever you are feeling that day or night. I typically keep mine on Amber and will change them to red, white and blue (not on the road) on occasion.

Here is the back light. It doesn't project light just shines like a marker light.
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? IMG_4837

Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? IMG_4879

Here are some photos of the main beam.
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? IMG_5282

Please forgive the filthy windshield. The camera pics up the dust and reflections way more than your eyes do. We did 58 miles offroad from the high desert, through the mountains and down to the desert floor. This was my first outing with the Spot optics on and they were not adjusted correctly yet but I think you can still see how effective they are. The first picture is just headlights. The next is with the windshield bar turned on.
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? IMG_5645.PNG

Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? IMG_5653.PNG

Here is a link to the kit specific for the Bronco:
https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabricati...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=8

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been thinking of a roof rack and adding light bar on it. How is the wind noise with the light bars? Cheers :coffee:

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll second Heretic. I took advantage of their military discount, which was super nice and since they are in my local, I saved on shipping by doing a "will call" at their shop. I went with the combo lights, combo of spot and flood, which is extremely bright.

I was concerned about having wind noise from it after installation, but none. I haven't noticed a difference at all. That was a happy discovery for me.

I guess, in the end, there's no real best, just best for you, but Heretic has been great for me.

OP
OP
Atomic Betty

Atomic Betty

Black Diamond
First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for all helpful input! I can’t say enough how glad I am I joined this and learned so much, and been entertained by all those with a similar personality through the good and the seemingly never ending waits….oy! You’ve all made it much more enjoyable….well minus a few grumpy grapes - you know who you are :ROFLMAO: Though I have found a lot of things I didn’t know I “needed” too, hopefully someday I’ll actually have a Bronco to put them on!!! 😂 I am thankful to be finally getting closer though, even if it did seem to stall - I’ve been “in production” since July 13th 🤔 Thanks again and best wishes to everyone!

OP
OP
Atomic Betty

Atomic Betty

Black Diamond
First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have Diode Dynamics SS5 Pro on ours. They are extremely bright. With the link mount system you can make your bar straight or a little curve. You can also easily swap the optics (lenses) to mix and match. I would have been extremely happy with the SS5 sports too and saved some money.

The backlights also have multiple colors you can change them to for whatever you are feeling that day or night. I typically keep mine on Amber and will change them to red, white and blue (not on the road) on occasion.

Here is the back light. It doesn't project light just shines like a marker light.

Here are some photos of the main beam.

Please forgive the filthy windshield. The camera pics up the dust and reflections way more than your eyes do. We did 58 miles offroad from the high desert, through the mountains and down to the desert floor. This was my first outing with the Spot optics on and they were not adjusted correctly yet but I think you can still see how effective they are. The first picture is just headlights. The next is with the windshield bar turned on.

Here is a link to the kit specific for the Bronco:
https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabricati...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=8
Oooh colors??? This may sway me! 🤔 Thanks for even including a link, someone’s looking for bonus points! 😆😉

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use a Rigid 40 inch light bar. I have posted photos of the forest without and with the light on. Have to use a wind deflector on the back side of the bar to stop the whistling noise got my at ZROADZ.
I agree. Great quality. There are cheaper ones but reviews say they don't hold up. I have no whistling from mine. (I painted the brackets on mine)
Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? RigidLTbarDone

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oooh colors??? This may sway me! 🤔 Thanks for even including a link, someone’s looking for bonus points! 😆😉
Yes!!! 8 different color options you can easily cycle through. They are pretty awesome

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dudes I have the Heretic lightbar and you can see it from two counties over with your eyes closed.

Ford Bronco Best above windshield light bar? 684F6015-6E7A-40E1-BC3B-14B0F638F5E6
Sponsored