First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the way it’s going there may not be very many on the front line.
That "front line" will likely be a teller window at the Federal Reserve. The surrender will be quick and bloodless.
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t see it happening. Distracted driving is the number one killer on the roads. Not drunk driving.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That doesn't sound so bad.

So you can upload your personal body info and drink mixes into the database and it will make you whatever cocktail you want, then monitor your blood alcohol level based on how quickly you consume it?

I mean, if it's a nice cocktail.
The Heart of Gold had one of those in it. Still didn't make the best Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters though

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At risk of this devolving into a political rabbit hole, it sounds like a bit of fear mongering with respect to the Bronco. It's calling for a standard to be defined in 3 years, then a 3 year period to implement. So model year 2027 might have technology to detect if you're impaired. Not much different from the technology that exists today in many cars to detect drowsy driving.

I don't know how I stand on that yet, but just calling out the facts of what is being proposed.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this sounds like the same alarmist crap that has people thinking that gaming PC's are illegal in california now

OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
...unless you live in CA...they've pretty much made Everything legal there. Its working; I believe I read their crime rate is WAY DOWN

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At risk of this devolving into a political rabbit hole, it sounds like a bit of fear mongering with respect to the Bronco. It's calling for a standard to be defined in 3 years, then a 3 year period to implement. So model year 2027 might have technology to detect if you're impaired. Not much different from the technology that exists today in many cars to detect drowsy driving.

I don't know how I stand on that yet, but just calling out the facts of what is being proposed.
Shhhh you're supposed to go crazy about the guberment and something something nanny state

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They may can pass(very doubtful) a bill for this, but I don't believe they can enforce the public to use it.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Infrastructure Bill Would Require Alcohol Monitors for All New Cars

The bipartisan infrastructure bill includes a provision that would require auto manufacturers to equip "advanced alcohol monitoring systems" in all new cars.

Buried in the massive proposal—which is already longer than 2,700 pages—is a section titled, "ADVANCED IMPAIRED DRIVING TECHNOLOGY," which mandates new vehicles include "a system that … passively and accurately detect whether the blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor vehicle is equal to or greater than the blood alcohol concentration" of .08, in which case the system would "prevent or limit motor vehicle operation." Automobile manufacturers would have a three-year grace period to comply with the regulation.
We couldn't possibly let Darwin take out all the idiots in this country. I mean, after all, we will need a new President and new congress members.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How does a "passive" system determine who in the car is drunk?
going off the article I read on the subject it would be a camera in your car monitoring you and your passengers 24/7 with “ai face recognition” to interpret if you are drunk, asleep, or forgetting your toddler.

Worth mentioning Tesla already has something like this as a CYA for their “self driving” so they can blame you when it crashes.

I find it hilarious how many of you consider this a problem given how much crap forum members gave me for reminding them that ford pass and ford navigation are being used to data mine customers in the Bronco

Reactions: Jdc