Sponsored

Best Top Option for summer?

What’s the best top option for the summer?

• Topless

• Skyrider by bestop

• Trektop by bestop

• Stick with the hardtop

Results are only viewable after voting.

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco BL SAS LUX 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in January of 2023, I finally received my hardtop 4D BL SAS LUX! I could not be happier with it and I can’t wait to take it on some adventures this summer.

I wanted to reach out to those who have owned their hardtop broncos through the summer in hopes of getting some inspiration about what to do (top wise) in the summer.

I love the hard top and how the front panels can be removed in a few minutes, I’m looking for something more seamless.

I looked at the Skyrider from bestop, and it seems really appealing, other than the fact that it’s a more permanent install. (according to threads I’ve read on the forums) I do a lot of highway miles during the year, therefore I am worried that I would get tired from the wind/road noise since I’d keep it on year round (due to it’s difficulty of removal)

I also was interested in the trek top, especially considering it’s an entire soft top for a very similar price to the sky rider. I’m not the biggest fan of the fastback (relative to the standard squareback) but I can live with it for a few months out of the year.

The last option, and the one I’m most hesitant to consider, is simply removing the hardtop and storing it in my garage. Unlike most bronco owners, I didn’t come from a Jeep, but rather a BMW convertible. So, I was always able to simply close the top at a press of a button. While I don’t keep any valuables in my bronco, I’m still just uncomfortable leaving my entire interior exposed when I’m not there to shew any prying eyes. I’m also worried about a flash flood soaking my interior. (yes I know it’s water resistant, but I have PTSD from my NA miata, god rest her soul)

does anyone have any advice on what option I should take? Anyone with a skyrider that plans on removing seasonally care to chime in?

Thanks I’m advance guys 🫡
Sponsored

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from a wrangler, I just kept the top off all summer and loved it. I’ll do the same with the bronco. I did get a center console and cargo area safe though for storing things.

OP
OP
kingsingh14

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco BL SAS LUX 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from a wrangler, I just kept the top off all summer and loved it. I’ll do the same with the bronco. I did get a center console and cargo area safe though for storing things.
Did you do anything in particular to protect from rain or did the interior hold up ok?

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you do anything in particular to protect from rain or did the interior hold up ok?
It held up, but only had a few times with much rain. Now I have a badlands with all rubber and marine grade vinyl, so not worried at all about rain.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door here, I love running with just the 2 front panels... But until I figure out a more substantial secure storage than the center console would provide I have to keep the whole top on on my work nights :cautious:

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Summer = 116 in the shade. I'll take the top down in mid to early spring, and maybe late fall.
Even in the Mustang I never put the top down in summer, and it's two latches and a power button.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am happy taking the front two panels and storing them in the back of my 2 door bronco. Ford only gave me one bag to hold both. It is really hard to fit both of the front tops in there, so I got another bag. I feel comfortable driving on the highway with the panels off, especially with the roof rails intact. I never felt that comfortable with the top down on the highway with my prior vehicle (Mustang convertible). Also, consider taking the doors and roof panels off sometime and see if that is enough for you.

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am happy taking the front two panels and storing them in the back of my 2 door bronco. Ford only gave me one bag to hold both. It is really hard to fit both of the front tops in there, so I got another bag. I feel comfortable driving on the highway with the panels off, especially with the roof rails intact. I never felt that comfortable with the top down on the highway with my prior vehicle (Mustang convertible). Also, consider taking the doors and roof panels off for a day when you are worried about security and see if that is enough for you.
Sponsored