Sponsored

bestop is garbage. dont give them money (update , not garbage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few others have danced around it but I am just going to come out and say it.

How dare you come on here and disparage a well respected company and ask the entire Bronco community to shun them because YOU had a problem. No evidence of systemic issues, just an isolated incident with no root cause.

Other suppliers offered assistance and you rejected it outright.

We are all here to help but your thread doesn’t garner much sympathy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey 100% agree with you

except besttop makes you wait on the phone for 4 hours every time you call

I was willing to forgive the damage

was willing to forgive the missing pieces

Was willing to forgive the 4 hour wait

not all three though , bad company
Anyone who’s dumb enough to stay on hold for 4hrs is… well, an idiot! Doubt very much they kept you in the phone that long, but wouldn’t be surprised to learn you’re over exaggerating.

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base

How dare you come on here and disparage a well respected company and ask the entire Bronco community to shun them because YOU had a problem. No evidence of systemic issues, just an isolated incident with no root cause.

Someone else on this thread just said that they had a military discount that says you have to call to get it, but they don’t answer their phone, so maybe they do have some customer service issue…

Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone else on this thread just said that they had a military discount that says you have to call to get it, but they don’t answer their phone, so maybe they do have some customer service issue…
I get that and have always felt that customer service is the foundation of the customer experience. Perhaps they do have a problem with their customer response times. However, that was not the primary issue here. Hold times don’t change the product. Appreciate your response.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hey 100% agree with you

except besttop makes you wait on the phone for 4 hours every time you call

I was willing to forgive the damage

was willing to forgive the missing pieces

Was willing to forgive the 4 hour wait

not all three though , bad company
I had a question for them today about my wife's wrangler softop...I was in their online chat for about 20 minutes before I had the question answered. They also have a call back service, so not sure why you'd wait for 4 hours given that option.

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Fanboy alert

Hold times do change the product. If you can't get hold of someone to get it fixed.. Screw waiting four hours on hold. What kind of craphole store has people on hold for 4 hours? That's worse than the airlines. I very much doubt he would be here bitching if they picked the phone straight up, apologized, and sorted out his problem. Instead they sent a busted arsed product because it's all they had around.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

you dont work for bestop you are not capable of helping me lmfao

Sponsored
OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fanboy alert

Hold times do change the product. If you can't get hold of someone to get it fixed.. Screw waiting four hours on hold. What kind of craphole store has people on hold for 4 hours? That's worse than the airlines. I very much doubt he would be here bitching if they picked the phone straight up, apologized, and sorted out his problem. Instead they sent a busted arsed product because it's all they had around.
people on this forum are monumentally stupid sometimes but its okay we are all here for the same reason

some people just dont have the IQ to put multiple Ideas together. They think its acceptable to ship a 2000 dollar product with shit missing , ask you to sit on the phone for 4 hours , and then tell you its going to take 6 weeks to fix

these people vote

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered a trektop for my 2 door. Sent me a clearly re-sealed box.

Inside the box was a damaged window panel , 10 missing hardware pieces , and no "sealer stickers" you need to start installing the thing

Was told last week they would send out replacement parts "within the week"

Today got on the phone with a woman saying its going to be 4-6 weeks for everything.

Put in a return for this garbage.

was told impolitely "this is the result of 2 years of supply chain shortages"

A reminder that china is quickly going to replace american manufacturing because they actually source their own shit and dont need to hold shipping for BOLTS. Made in USA doesnt mean anything anymore and in 10 years its going to be an inverse of what it used to mean
Interesting... During my bestop install(JKU) I couldn't wait for the top to warm up and caused some minor damage. I ripped a zipper and I called to buy the parts I messed up.. Nope 100% warranty no questions asked. Got a brand new rear window and extra parts.

Keep in mind were still in post covid.

Sounds like experiences may vary.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered a trektop for my 2 door. Sent me a clearly re-sealed box.

Inside the box was a damaged window panel , 10 missing hardware pieces , and no "sealer stickers" you need to start installing the thing

Was told last week they would send out replacement parts "within the week"

Today got on the phone with a woman saying its going to be 4-6 weeks for everything.

Put in a return for this garbage.

was told impolitely "this is the result of 2 years of supply chain shortages"

A reminder that china is quickly going to replace american manufacturing because they actually source their own shit and dont need to hold shipping for BOLTS. Made in USA doesnt mean anything anymore and in 10 years its going to be an inverse of what it used to mean
I ordered my Trek top and had absolutely no issues. I did have a bolt come loose and they sent me 2 at no cost. I received them in 4 days. Love the fit and looks.
Ford Bronco bestop is garbage. dont give them money (update , not garbage) 20220612_194509

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who’s dumb enough to stay on hold for 4hrs is… well, an idiot! Doubt very much they kept you in the phone that long, but wouldn’t be surprised to learn you’re over exaggerating.
hahah try giving them a call tomorrow

I started as person 80 in line

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update : sent in an email to try to get an exchanged top. After a few minutes got a automated email saying how its "open top season" and they are swamped and to call and wait in line for 4 hours.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.