Sponsored

bestop is garbage. dont give them money (update , not garbage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really has to suck to be the poor customer service person. Clearly they are understaffed, people sit on hold forever, and because of that I'd guess the majority of callers are pretty upset and rude by the time they get to someone. Bestop should definitely hire more people to answer phones, but that's not the fault of the rep taking the heat for it. I'm sure that gets old quick and leads to some less than friendly responses to callers.
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

🤦‍♂️

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm calling BS. As if I have received damaged goods, before even opening the box I'm taking pictures. How else does a company distinguish between your mishaps and something dropped off?

Damaged box upon arrival? I know, let's just skip taking pictures to add to my claim? Nah, too self indulged in the chance to be an ass. Parts missing, damaged material? Great, let's take a pict... wait a second, let's call them and demand justice! I'll quickly throw this in the box and tell them it's on them now. Wait... I have to go through this hassle of being inconvenienced with no pictures?! How dare they! To the forums!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm calling BS. As if I have received damaged goods, before even opening the box I'm taking pictures. How else does a company distinguish between your mishaps and something dropped off?

Damaged box upon arrival? I know, let's just skip taking pictures to add to my claim? Nah, too self indulged in the chance to be an ass. Parts missing, damaged material? Great, let's take a pict... wait a second, let's call them and demand justice! I'll quickly throw this in the box and tell them it's on them now. Wait... I have to go through this hassle of being inconvenienced with no pictures?! How dare they! To the forums!
Agreed. Imagine coming on a forum and ripping a company who is replacing alleged damaged/missing parts without question and/or being provided any evidence, parts that were most likely damaged/lost during shipping and not the fault of the company, and throwing a tantrum because they don't do it fast enough.

i-want-it-now.gif

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1.) Did you shop around? I saved over 200 bucks buying mine from @Stage 3 Motorsports

2.) Did you remove every single item and lay them out, look in-between everything including the packing material? My boxes were also jacked up to a degree, but nothing damaged inside. I marked it up to the Shipper(s), figuring it shipped once to Vendor and then once to me, so plenty of time on trucks for the boxes to get beat up from careless people. I also thought I had missing items, but they were pretty well "hidden" among other items, and I eventually found everything.

3.) The top is awesome, and if it's possible for you to put your pride aside after the return process, I highly recommend taking @Stage 3 Motorsports up on their offer (and hopefully you can get it on sale).

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a shame. I love my Bestop.

I ended up replacing a few bolts because the ones included are really soft, but I guess soft is better than nonexistent.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, anything to support your case — e.g., clearly re-sealed box, damaged window panel, shipped hardware vs required hardware list/diagram/installation instructions, description or drawing referring to the missing sealer stickers. 🤷‍♂️

I have considered ordering a Bestop, but you’re telling me they’re garbage and I shouldn’t give them my money. Unfortunately, I don’t know you, and you haven’t presented any evidence to backup your claim, but I have personal friends that own Bestops – they rave about them — and I have examined them up close. They seem to be a high quality manufacturer.

TL;DR — Convince me… Pics or it didn’t happen. 🧐
Also to add it could have been the shipping company (Fed Ex, UPS, USPS) damaging and resealing. No company wraps a package for shipping as if it was busted and opened.
His frustration is the manufacturing of items from overseas and the waiting....Like me waiting two years now for a Bronco. So two to four weeks for a bolt..... consider yourself lucky.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The definition of good quality control = The customer returns and the goods don’t.

Sorry for your hassle.
Well said!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I glad they are making it right.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad they’re making it right, but this whole thread could have been avoided if a boomer tantrum wasn’t thrown. Labor shortages are literally everywhere, cut some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.