Sponsored

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2's (SAS) -- opinions / reviews?

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put 37" KO2s on my non-sas Badlands (with 2 inch lift). Love them. May as well give another shout out to @Discount Tire . They did a great job installing.
Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been running BFGs since the early 90s on all of my trucks/suvs. Love them but here are a few thoughts. First on your stock tires. There is a chance that they should need a good road force balance. Who knows factory may have whiffed on this and if you are at least interested in getting them checked before spending the money today, find someone who does road force balance and have them looked at. Sorry but I know a lot of folks say there system is the same but I have had a bad set of tires that I thought couldn't be balanced come away feeling totally different and problems solved afterwards.

That said, I don't like that Goodyear tire. They make a bunch of great tires, don't think that tire is one of them. Rock chucker and it aint strong and wouldn't have a lot of confidence with these myself despite the fact that a lot of guys run these in plenty of gnarly conditions. Just look around at some of the recent trips people have posted and guys are still running the stock tires more than fine.

BFG-KO/K02s have been on my daily driver since 2012 which have been a Gen 1, Gen 2 and a Gen 3 Raptor. Over 275,000 miles across the three trucks. My Gen 3 has been on 37s with the new C load vs E load tire. Lighter and honestly feels better but also provides better traction in the wet and on dry roads. Not sure if they changed compound or the softer sidewall just provides better grip but they are better for sure and a fantastic all around tire. My off-roading is trail and sand so sidewall strength isn't # 1 on my list. If I was a hardcore rockcrawler and this wasn't a daily driver I would look for something else. I would also check out Falken AT-fantastic tire in all conditions and now offer a C load in metric 35. Mickey Thompson if there AT wasn't a brick would try a set but are a bit heavy but are loved. Nitto Recon Grappler is another interesting one to look at.

I live in the Northeast we see all weather and YMMV etc. I just got my 2 door and am putting load C BFG 315s on this week despite wanting to try something new. Just know I what I am going to get. Will likely take 2-3 ounces of weight to balance but they will and then will be a great tire. Again, just my opinion and hope some of this is helpful.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Put 37" KO2s on my non-sas Badlands (with 2 inch lift). Love them. May as well give another shout out to @Discount Tire . They did a great job installing.
Thank you for the shout out! Glad to hear that store personnel took good care of you once again. We appreciate your patronage.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's up Bronco6g? Dropping a thread to ask about these tires & to gauge opinions from everyone who swapped the factory SAS Goodyears for the BFG KO2's.

My Goodyears have rode like absolute trash since day one. No matter if I've rotated them or had them rebalanced (road force), they've just always had a vibration (maybe that's just the case with a truck tire). IDK of they developed flat spots sitting at Ice Mountain during production or what. Dealer has been absolutely useless with helping. Not wanting to spend money to go from bad to worse, I wanted to get everyone's take on the KO2's.

With that said...... fire away with the opinions.
nice enough tire was always my go to but always under sized lol
however theres many tires now that are intresting
kendra, mickey Thompson, pit bulls ,interco tires etc so you can get a full size 35 on sas without pesky lifts

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is gonna get the fan boys going but they are the most over-rated, over-recommended tire there is. Trash in the snow compared to the factory sasquatch tire. I have never had a set that rode well either. Falken AT3W is far superior over-all. I'm not gonna say they are bad off-road (though there are many superior choices), but on-road, especially in heavy rain, snow, ice, and slush forget it.

I run a snow-removal company and haven't used BFGs for awhile now (used to be a great option years ago). Last winter a local dealer was running a deal on them and Falkens were on back-order when one of our trucks was due so I gave them another shot. Long story short, our driver kept complaining about them so I test drove it . Needless to say I ended up taking them back with less than 1k miles (probably 250 actually) and put Falkens back on when they came back in stock.

I assume it's the compound or maybe the outdated tread pattern but not worth it for heavy winter use. Their weight isn't bad for fuel economy though. I'm not alone in this opinion either, they are pretty rare on locals vehicles. Maybe for the occasional trip to the ski resort or in warmer climates. On my personal Bronco I run the factory sasquatch tires in the winter and Toyo MTs in the warmer months.

Sponsored

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ko2 is one of the best rated tires on the market for a reason. Ive ran them for the last 2yrs (previously on my jeep) and theyre great. Quiet and smooth on the road and still do really well on the rocks. Havent put them in any big mudholes (not my thing) but the little bit Ive done seems like that may be their weak point. Their pricing is relatively cheap/affordable compared to some of the other high end brands. Im at 14k mile and still have great tread. The rate theyre going Im expecting 50k out of them.
What's up Bronco6g? Dropping a thread to ask about these tires & to gauge opinions from everyone who swapped the factory SAS Goodyears for the BFG KO2's.

My Goodyears have rode like absolute trash since day one. No matter if I've rotated them or had them rebalanced (road force), they've just always had a vibration (maybe that's just the case with a truck tire). IDK of they developed flat spots sitting at Ice Mountain during production or what. Dealer has been absolutely useless with helping. Not wanting to spend money to go from bad to worse, I wanted to get everyone's take on the KO2's.

I have had two F250’s with KO2’s since 2019. Pull a 8000lb skid steer with no issues at all. Tire has been flawless. Took a set off my 19 since I only had 10k miles on them when I traded for my 22 and had dealer put the new Goodyears on my trade in. With that said both our Broncos have KO2’s as well. I typically drive 30 to 40,000 miles per year. I go through tires!

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Goodrich owned by Michelin. Have/had both. Wore like iron. Can't go wrong with either--imo.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have run KO2 on several of my previous trucks/ Jeeps.. Very good handling and quite on the road, very good on off road too.. I have thrown all kinds of different off roading on these tires with great results.. Hope I don’t regret I just ordered The KM3 tires over old faithful…

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is weird you are having issues with the factory tires as the ones on my SAS are as smooth as glass at 14K miles. Overall the KO2s are a good tire and I have run two sets in the past. My only complaints with them is they are slick on wet roads and cake up pretty quickly in sticky situations. It has been a few years since I have had the KO2's and have since run goodyear duratracs "F-150" which I feel were better all around than the KO2's and I am now running cooper AT3's "f-150. Overall I have been happier with the coopers than the duratracs and the previous KO2's. The coopers just feel more planted and are amazing on wet roads.

I don't think you will regret going with KO2's but I feel there are better options out there. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I also just saw that BFG is about to release the KO3, so that may be an option if you can find them.

Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're going to find a ton of people who have been running BFG KO2's for years.

I went with something that's a bit newer design. I have the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Super impressed with them.
For some added context on how these tires are - check out Litebrite Studio's on YT. They've used Nittos for years in extreme situations.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know a guy who got 85k miles out of his over 8 years. He only replaced them due to dry rot. But if not for that, he thought he could’ve run to 100k.

Note: He didn’t off-road; all street use.

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have my bronco( yet 5/27) but... I have K02's on my jeep 3 years old and still look, sound, and ride like new. Have only work about 3/32nd's. I'm not hard on tires, however when the Goodyears wear out that will be the only tire i run! They're fantastic tires, Where i live we have 4 seasons and they do great in all seasons!

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw this from Duramax forum where someone had ordered some KO3s. Looks like they were only available in one size, likely the stock sierra.

@Discount Tire , I am hoping y'all will post up when these become available
As of right now the KO 3 will only be available in fitments for the Ford Ranger Raptor and The new Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

I heard a rumor that the KO 3 would be launched in other sizes by late spring/early summer, but honestly I don't think we will see them until late this year or early 2024.

I promise I will keep a close watch on them. When I know, you will know!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T is the new gold standard of A/T tires. It a hybrid tire that even gets the 3MP snowflake rating.
Sponsored