LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone should get a set of KO3s (only 2 OE sizes for now, one of which is 33” - aka 285/70R17) to be the guinea pig and tell us how they are off-road, in the rain/wet, snow, etc. ;)
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine have around 24k and I haven't noticed any change in performance (at this point). I do a 5 tire rotation every 5k. I run them around 34-35 psi & tread wear is even. They are easy to slip the rear out on a wet road if you gas it, but that is expected with this type of tire & rwd. They haven't gotten "worse" in that regard.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone should get a set of KO3s (only 2 OE sizes for now, one of which is 33” - aka 285/70R17) to be the guinea pig and tell us how they are off-road, in the rain/wet, snow, etc. ;)
Go for it.

I got 165,000 miles out of a KO2 on my F350.

It was a spare, but hey, miles are miles, right?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got 28k out of my KO2s and they were trashed, and I am not an aggressive driver. Backs were completely worn, and the fronts had decent tread but were "choppy" and loud. Took it to the dealer at 25k and they told me they were over-inflated, and there was nothing they could do. I said that is funny because I only ever had it serviced at the dealer, so you are the ones who overinflated them. The dealer quoted me replacement KO2s at $547 PER TIRE plus mounting balancing, etc. I said thanks, but hard pass. LOL. So like you, I have not had good luck with tire warranties. Same non-squatch Badlands. The only reason I even looked at them, is like your experience, I broke the rear end free at about 25 mph on a freeway on ramp in wet weather with moderate throttle.

My plan was to try Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws, but I found a deal too good to pass up on an exact replacement set of brand-new KO2s on marketplace. So I am giving them another shot. Reading a lot of reviews has me thinking that maybe I got a bad set. People love them, but I was not thrilled. Hoping this set does better.
I'm sorry but inflation and rotation is the owners responsibility. No tire will last if you don't get the inflation psi correct by keeping an eye on wear and adjusting accordingly and rotating tires. You are not driving an Escape with little cheap tires on it. Good tires of this size are expensive and if you want to get your moneys worth you have to work at it.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP
fuesting

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go for it.

I got 165,000 miles out of a KO2 on my F350.

It was a spare, but hey, miles are miles, right?
Well this seems ridiculous. Are you sure about that number? Are you adding up each tire?

Sponsored

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BFG KO2's are pretty much crap after 25K miles and will slip and slide in rain, snow, and mud exponentially after that.
I found that to be the case on my Raptor back in the day too.
If I got a little over 20k out of them I was happy.... anything beyond that and I did not trust them in the rain.

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Gladiator (solid front axle) could go 10,000 miles between rotations on K02’s before needing a rotation but my experience with IFS vehicles has been no more than 5,000 miles between rotations. My Goodyears on my Sasquatch start to show a bit of cupping in the front tires around 4,000 miles. Once you let the cupping get bad it’s too late to save them so rotate often. BTW I had over 50,000 miles on my last set of K02’s and they would have safely gone to 60K

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IME, the BFGs will dry rot and Crack before tread wears thin. About 3 winters. I got rid of them on my raptor and haven't looked back again. I'm a big fan of General Grabber X3s. They'll go on the bronco next....

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Gladiator (solid front axle) could go 10,000 miles between rotations on K02’s before needing a rotation but my experience with IFS vehicles has been no more than 5,000 miles between rotations. My Goodyears on my Sasquatch start to show a bit of cupping in the front tires around 4,000 miles. Once you let the cupping get bad it’s too late to save them so rotate often. BTW I had over 50,000 miles on my last set of K02’s and they would have safely gone to 60K
Pfft...with BFG KO2's in 37x12.5x17 on my 2019 JLUR if I did not balance them every 5K (or sooner), they rode like crap. I'll never buy another set of them.

Sponsored

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pfft...with BFG KO2's in 37x12.5x17 on my 2019 JLUR if I did not balance them every 5K (or sooner), they rode like crap. I'll never buy another set of them.
That sucks. I’m glad I didn’t have to deal with that

SRB_ Beach bum

Badlands
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lagniappeon30a.com
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford Bronco, 2010 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG 37x12x17s with about 20k miles to date. No current issues, on road, off road. I have a fair amount of experience with KO2s on past jeeps with similar experience. I have also had Nitto Terra Grapplers which had similar wear patterns. I would replace the K02s in kind when I had to replace.
Ford Bronco BFG K02 33's Lifespan Mileage? IMG_0816

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’ll never get the tire life out of the 1st set of tires that you’ll get out of the 2nd set. Doesn’t matter the brand, pretty much all of them are built cheaper than the aftermarket set you’ll put on next.

as far as bfg’s in general, they are notorious for wearing fast, never had good luck with them.

OP
OP
fuesting

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's real, but you need to re-read the post, especially the last line.
HAHA My bad.... I read "It was with my spare, but hey, miles are miles, right?" I was thinking you meant you used the 5th tire as well. I'm brain dead...

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As mentioned earlier, most likely the compound has hardened over time and was exacerbated by the cold temperatures.
Most like the cause of Paul Walker death, racing around in a super car with 10 year old tires.
Sponsored